• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wind God vs Space Alien

Gravattack use his gravity powers to throw Fujin in a river of Lava

vote Gravattack

And what's stopping Fujin from doing the same? Gravity can't affect wind based attacks, right? He can just make a tornado under gravatack's feet or something

Has Gravatack demonstrated any air affecting feats? I remember that air is tethered to the planet by gravity which means that anyone with gravity manipulation has air manipulation. However, wouldn't that make this a stomp?

Throwing him into lava isn't a good idea seeing how his wind can manipulate physical and immaterial objects around him. His wind was able to form a vortex of hellfire from the demons that Shang Tsung summoned, he can deflect Kronika's time stopping sand beam with the Krown boost, etc. so if Fujin were to be thrown into an environmental hazard like lava, he'd just form a wind pocket that stops the lava from touching him.

What's stopping Fujin from doing the same to him, but with a much more lethal result?

Last edited:
Gravattack can actually affect energy attacks, no idea why his page says he can’t, so air should be no problemo.

Use gravity manipulation to slam you into things really hard or throw something at you.

Also clearly affecting energy would be harder than affecting air…

Hmm not really especially when that energy is physical or has a physical effect.

Also whoops on my part, because Fujin actually manipulates wind and not air, he only controls air via wind. Air is the thing that you can actually interact with since it's made of gases and particles, meanwhile wind is just the movement of air.

also i don't know if this is decisive for the match but Gravattack lifting strengh is M while Fujin is K,

also i don't know if this is decisive for the match but Gravattack lifting strengh is M while Fujin is K,
Unless they are going to grapple each other, then I don't think Lifting Strength counts. Gravattack's LS comes from scaling to another alien's physicals and not his own powers based on his profile.
I mean Gravattack can get close to the gravity of a black hole
How does he activate this technique? And is it in character?

He becomes his ball-form and then increases the gravity of whatever he’s containing by previously pointing at them. But this is really just the potency of his gravity manipulation, in-character he’ll just increase his gravity until he surpasses their LS lol, he will avoid creating a black hole though since that didn’t work out too well last time…

I'll try to reply later, but I'll note that, yes, gravity should affect air by base assumption with reality unless there's reason to assume otherwise for that specific characeter. Remember, gravity is what holds together gas giants, that are (in very simple terms) practically made out of only air.

I'll try to reply later, but I'll note that, yes, gravity should affect air by base assumption with reality unless there's reason to assume otherwise for that specific characeter. Remember, gravity is what holds together gas giants, that are (in very simple terms) practically made out of only air.
True but otherwise we'd be giving unnecessary powers, scaling, and capabilities to characters who lack them in canon

Feats > implied scaling

True but otherwise we'd be giving unnecessary powers, scaling, and capabilities to characters who lack them in canon

Feats > implied scaling
This isn't implied, it's how gravity works. Air, in the context we are talking about, are molecules of things in a gaseous state, perhaps even specifically the atmospheric composition. Gravity essentially binds every particle together, no matter if it is solid, liquid, gas, plasma or whatever it might be.

It isn't an extra power or anything else. If I have the power to warp gravity somewhere, all matter in the area will be affected. Of course, I'm not saying that every gravity pull will affect everything similarly; a character might only have a Class 10 gravity pull against a wind current that is, somehow, Class K in strength. The wind would pretty much ignore the gravity well.

But we base things on reality unless there's evidence to do otherwise.

This isn't implied, it's how gravity works. Air, in the context we are talking about, are molecules of things in a gaseous state, perhaps even specifically the atmospheric composition. Gravity essentially binds every particle together, no matter if it is solid, liquid, gas, plasma or whatever it might be.

It isn't an extra power or anything else. If I have the power to warp gravity somewhere, all matter in the area will be affected. Of course, I'm not saying that every gravity pull will affect everything similarly; a character might only have a Class 10 gravity pull against a wind current that is, somehow, Class K in strength. The wind would pretty much ignore the gravity well.

But we base things on reality unless there's evidence to do otherwise.
In that case we'd give everyone with similar gravity powers spatial and time manipulation, because that's how gravity works. Some character who only uses gravity to suck things up would also have the ability to cause time dilation and other gravity related phenomena. Fiction doesn't nail it with its depictions all the time.

Fujin controls wind btw, not just air. Even if Gravattack could manipulate air, we don't know how that would affect Fujin's attacks. Most of what I'd say about Gravattack manipulating air would be headcanon. For example, if Fujin sends him a wind blast or a tornado, I could say that Gravattack just nulls it. Thing is, looking at his respect thread, he doesn't seem to have gravity feats on that level. Most of the things he manipulates with gravity are macroscopic physical objects. His gravity isn't precise as manipulating the atmosphere's individual particles.

In that case we'd give everyone with similar gravity powers spatial and time manipulation, because that's how gravity works. Some character who only uses gravity to suck things up would also have the ability to cause time dilation and other gravity related phenomena. Fiction doesn't nail it with its depictions all the time.

Fujin controls wind btw, not just air. Even if Gravattack could manipulate air, we don't know how that would affect Fujin's attacks. Most of what I'd say about Gravattack manipulating air would be headcanon. For example, if Fujin sends him a wind blast or a tornado, I could say that Gravattack just nulls it. Thing is, looking at his respect thread, he doesn't seem to have gravity feats on that level. Most of the things he manipulates with gravity are macroscopic physical objects. His gravity isn't precise as manipulating the atmosphere's individual particles.
We don't give them such powers because their gravitational powers aren't intense enough to do so, or because there is evidence that shows that they only suck things. Unless there is proof otherwise, again, we assume reality works as intended.

Oh, I'm not saying that Gravattack manipulates air or that he would (or could) use gravity to "replicate" Air Manipulation, far from it, but I'm pointing out that it'd be erroneous to say that his gravity wouldn't affect air currents at all, at least in the localized areas he applies his powers. And gravity isn't about precision, it's a general effect over a large area. In fact, the lighter/weaker things are, like air molecules, the easier is it to mess them up with gravity.

I disagree. Unless there's a reason to, I assume fiction works just like, or similarly, to reality.
If that's the case, then pages like this and this shouldn't exist. Fiction wrongly depicts many things IRL, so even if a light beam in a piece of fiction is SoL because it conforms with our standards, it's guaranteed to break a few laws of physics or properties that it has IRL, like a light beam being tangible or something. That doesn't disprove its SoL speed, but it does disprove some of light's real life properties depending on the feat.

As for how these standards apply to this fight, you can't really say that Gravattack has accurate depictions of gravity. Nothing in his respect thread or feats shows him controlling the atmosphere, natural winds, or even air molecules like you said. The closest thing he has to controlling air/wind is when he inadvertently made a black hole out of a time manipulating alien, but it doesn't show him being able to manipulate other air or wind phenomena. Not to mention that he's never faced an air/wind user before and exploited his gravity to manipulate their powers, least he can do here is adapt or react as he gets exposed to Fujin's attacks.

I'm on the "gravity can affect air" side of things.
But that aside, can Fujin do his air in lungs thing on Gravattack? Is that an opening move?

Fujin is 6.6 tons and Gravattack 7.7 tons in AP, I think?

so the votes are
Gravattack: 5 (Me, Venom, DT,Greenshifter and Fluffy)
Fujin : 2 ( Pepper and Ecstasy)

I'm on the "gravity can affect air" side of things.
But that aside, can Fujin do his air in lungs thing on Gravattack? Is that an opening move?

Fujin is 6.6 tons and Gravattack 7.7 tons in AP, I think?
Oof, we're already assuming this without considering what Gravattack does in-character.

Fujin scales pretty high from the feat he scales to, so he's unquantifiably higher than that. Beating a bunch of top tiers, being unaffected by having his own attacks being thrown back at him by Geras, and being able to handle a painful to use power source multiple times with little rest between each application.

Back