• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Skip to 10 minutes. Spoiler for the remake of a 20+ year old game.

The Wind Fish's dream is shown to contain many stars. We've seen this before in the 90's original game but we decided to wait for the remake when it first came up just in case it's a bunch of random sparkles. Lo and behold, they were actual stars in the remake and not just some sparkles. Link passes Low earth orbit...somehow...to go see the sky beyond. All of this is still part of the creation of the Wind Fish, and it gets Azathoth'd upon awakening. Which would make the Wind Fish 4-A.

I was discussing this with Triforce and we compromised saying this only scales to the fish himself and the high tier deities, meaning Hylia and by proxy Demise, SS!Link (w/o True Force), and True Form Ghirahim. Hylia in terms of deity status in Hyrule is second only to the goddesses themselves and should be stronger than the whale deity, and the other three scale to her. Oh, and of course, Marin (Hyrule Warriors) through summoning.

I guess that works, but would Marin really scale if the wind fish is only really 4-A within the context of its dream

Seems ok. Except I'm pretty sure Link is above Hylia in some incarnations as well as pieces of the triforce being above hylia but idk.

Looks legit to scale to Wind Fish. But iffy about other characters, including Link or Nightmare.

Does Link not scale above Hylia and Demise in certain incarnations and does the triforce pieces not scale above the forementioned too? If Hylia>Windfish but Link and triforce pieces >Hylia. It gets kinda iffy.

Actually, I thought Link from ALttP and the Oracle games were going to be separated. And this is the same Link where the other key left would be the 3-A one. I'm not even sure it would scale to individual Reinforce pieces actually. Hylia is above Triforce Pieces for sure. Link and Nightmare scaling is fine though. Demise and Hylia aren't assumed to be above Majora for similar reasons.

The real cal howard said:
I was discussing this with Triforce and we compromised saying this only scales to the fish himself and the high tier deities, meaning Hylia and by proxy Demise, SS!Link (w/o True Force), and True Form Ghirahim. Hylia in terms of deity status in Hyrule is second only to the goddesses themselves and should be stronger than the whale deity, and the other three scale to her.
I said that IF there was proof that Hylia is >deities (or that the Wind Fish was a deity in the first place, though iirc that's stated in HE), then scaling was fine. Especially because assuming Hylia > deities means 3-A Hylia via scaling from the Fierce Deity.

I thought Alttp Link and awakening were the same Link, only the oracle link was changed to not be the same?

A Link to the Past and Awakening are the same Link, but Oracle was different. That's what I said.

Majora got a pass because he's from a different universe and therefore is exempt from the hierarchy of the gods. Hylia has no domain over Termina, which can't be said for the Wind Fish, who exists in Hyrule. Hylia's treated as second only to the GGs and the Triforce in the series when it comes to Hyrule, which is why she should be superior to the Wind Fish.

I'll upgrade Wind Fish but not anyone else yet, as that still needs to be discussed.

I can agree that Hylia should inherently be superior to Wind Fish, but I think waiting is more preferable.

Also, while I upgraded the Wind Fish's AP, I didn't upgrade its durability or striking strength, as there's no reason for them to scale as nothing ever fights it. So the Wind Fish is a glass cannon.

But by this logic Demise was able to challenge and fatal wound Hylia's godly form so he would scale to her right? Also link (and put the master sword 4-A) I think Link SS and Demise are allowed to scale

If we scale Hylia, how does this sound as her justification?

Multi-Solar System level (As the most major deity in Hyrule besides the Golden Goddesses she should be superior to the Wind Fish)

That works. Almost exactly what I'd say. Also yes, Ashen. They'd scale alongside Perfect Ghirahim, or whatever his true form is called.

If the only justification is that Hylia "should" be > the Wind Fish, then "At least High 4-C, possibly/likely 4-A" is more precise. Obviously with the other guys that scale from Hylia: Demise, SS Link and true form Ghirahim.

Eh, solid's probably better here given there's next to no likelihood of Hylia being below Levias, but I don't mind that.

I agree with Dark649 wind fish doing a feat like that makes Vaati's feat who actually did it twice not an outli44 anymore.

I don't think Vaatis feat was rejected just because it was an outlier, but the fact that the second link Dark posted doesn't even have Vaati create a dimension or anything he warped the clouds which made everyone generally consider it an illusion (In both cases since it's the exact same background) as opposed to him creating actual stars and nebulae.

Anyway I agree with Cal that a solid 4-A would probably be better for Hylia and those who scale to her, but I'm fine with Triforces suggestion.

Shouldn't shadow nightmares scale to wind fish since they are the ones that are actively keeping the wind fish in some sort of sleep?

Also will other deities be affected by the scaling like the legendary 3 dragon's (the lightning one created the Hylian shield out of the concept of heroism and making it indistructable) and the whale in SS the Loz universe makes it Lear that there's a pantheon of God's.

The real cal howard said:
We're just gonna play it safe.
OK but I just want to say Hylia personally chose Eldin, Faron and Lanaryuu to loke over the world and skyloft and to make sure to go against Demise if needed be and/or to assist link.

Also the nightmare was able to recreate himself as the perfect copy of Ganon from ALTTP with all the moveset and abilities.

Yes, it is discussed that the Individual Triforce Wielders and Gods like Hylia and Demise should scale above the Fish.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Actually, I thought Link from ALttP and the Oracle games were going to be separated. And this is the same Link where the other key left would be the 3-A one. I'm not even sure it would scale to individual Reinforce pieces actually. Hylia is above Triforce Pieces for sure. Link and Nightmare scaling is fine though. Demise and Hylia aren't assumed to be above Majora for similar reasons.
I have two sandboxes for ALttP and Oracles continuity. But this can be discussed in another thread irregardless.

So question cause I'm not used to a 3 tiers likely thing. For the triforce users that are "5-A, likely High 4-C", does "5-A, likely High 4-C, likely 4-A" look good?

Back