• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why would anyone gamble their soul to the devil when they could just mow a lawn?

Hank Hill was mowing his lawn, when Cuphead was told to find and claim Hanks soul by the devil

Fight takes place in Arlen Texas

No plane for Cuphead, No Tank for Hank

Speed is Equal

Both are 9-A

Morals against killing are removed, However, not bloodlusted

Cuphead (Character): 7

Hank Hill:

Inconclusive: 1

Pretty sure homing attacks, minor invulnerability and parrying are a bit too much for Hank to handle. I dunno how he'd get past that.

Jackythejack said:
Pretty sure homing attacks, minor invulnerability and parrying are a bit too much for Hank to handle. I dunno how he'd get past that.
To be fair. Cuphead can't parry on normal attacks. It takes certain attacks he can do so, which Hank would provide as he doesn't have any. Meani parry isn't relavent.

Also, if he does get close, he could strange Cuphead pretty easily since he lacks any real close counters combat and is outclassed in Strength

Odds of him getting close aren't too likely when Cuphead has a whole lotta attacks that just allow him to not, or he could just walk away and let homing attacks take care of it. Hank getting close in this case is unlikely. Smoke dash also helps in getting past Hank I think.

It is fair he isn't likely getting close. Least not for long. Though it gives the advantage that if in close range, he definitely takes it. And Hank does have his guns, with the pistol, rifle, and shotgun. A spreadfire shotgun would be something Cuphead definitely would have to watch out for. The dash can get him through small portions of attacks. But if he is caught in a flurry. He likely is taking a hit or two.

A bit or two doesn't mean much in the long run, to be fair, when Hank is going to take more attacks than Cuphead will die to homing attacks and a danmaku coming right at him. Cuphead's super move also makes it difficult to close the gap. Hank's not going to be able to get in close and he can't dish out the damage needed.

It does when he dies in about a couple of hits. If Hank fired multiple times with a shotgun or rifle, he is gonna be able to tag Cuphead. Hank will be tanking more hits likely yea. But they are gonna be very weak hits. Mind, it took Cuphead and Mugman to defeat the small building characters. They already were likely a lower end of small building than Hank is. Remember Hank does scale and surpass someone who Took a hit not only from artillery fire. But fire that can destroy tanks. Hank will take more hits. But he also is easily able to tank these hits.

Cuphead also can't use his super move without parrys. So that isn't working either.

I'm...pretty sure Cuphead can just use it by damaging someone enough. I suck at partying in the game and I can still use it. Also no it doesn't? When does it take both of them to defeat 9-A characters? Sorry but I don't recall that? I'm not familiar with the game though. 'Cause I thought Lod Dice or whatever could be beaten solo?

Also Cuphead has better mobility with plane and better range where Hank lacks it. Hank wouldn't be landing a hit much at all with that superior ranger and homing attacks, especially if Cuphead gets in a plane.

The game is about Cuphead And Mugman. Not just Cuphead alone. Single player is simply a game mechanic. It's obvious mugman was there with the scenes of the game too. Both Cuphead and Mugman beat the Devil and Lord Dice. Not alone. Even after youbeat the devil as well it shows they both are there. That's like saying Zer0 was the only one who defeated the warrior cause I can playe single player on Borderlands. Even tho in canon, all four Vault hunters did it

Like here. Cuphead And Mugman did it together. Not alone

And no plane. I said that above. Hank doesn't get his Tank, and Cuphead doesn't get his plane.

Cuphead takes it. There's no reason for cuphead ever to be at close Quarter range when he's a range fighter. The only reason he would be up close is to deliver one of those super move things which when he does he comes invulnerable for the time he attacks.

Hank has very little range, cuphead has this rather easily

EDIT: I didn't see that the super move thing wasn't an option

Ehh. He has several range options. Several types of guns, nail, rifle, pistols, shotguns. I wouldn't call that very little.

so i can see cuphead outranging hank and being tricky to catch for hank despite cuphead being 2m/s i can see cuphead using the vanish dash alot to avoid hank's attacks and it could even suprise hank giving cuphead some good shots at hank also hank's long range attacks (his fire arms) run on ammo while cuphead's doesn't making me feel like cuphead would be the victor

Also bullets and stuff isn't gonna be much of a problem when Cuphead can dodge danmaku. I don't see Hank hitting a Cuphead much at all tbh

Okay even then though Hank gets horribly out ranges and Cuphead can just stay at a range the whole time. Homing attacks are going to screw him up no matter what, and any attacks that happen to head Cuphead's way he can likely dodge. I don't see Hank doing this.

Cuphead still didn't do this alone. Got to tank in account the entire Cuphead adventure he can only take half the credit. And Hank isn't horribly outclassed in range. With rifles and pistols. He can shoot from about the same distance, Cuphead yes can use homming attacks. But they are extremely weak. And Hank should already be much notably stronger than Cuphead. And much more tough

Yes but he isn't actually going to hit Cuphead. He can have all the rifles and bullets he wants, but if both Cuphead and Mugman can dodge danmaku, he isn't gonna hit them. Even if Hank is stronger, he is gonna continuously take attacks from Cuphead whose attacks have similar properties to danmaku themselves. I just don't see Hank ever hitting Cuphead here

It's unreal to say Cuphead is gonna dodge every hit. It's not like Cuphead went through his entire adventure unhurt. It is even possibly he didn't even survived his advature considering that reviving is a thing that ain't game mechanic. With several kinds of guns, hanks learning in combat, and general much higher AP and speed. He just needs to get a good hit in or two. And it's unreal to say he wouldn't be able to get one in.

Yes Cuphead can dodge Damaku. But again. It isn't real to sayhe can dodge every single last shot from Hank. Especially since he does have a shotgun which has spread fire

Speed is equal so that doesn't mean much. AP is iffy at best in my opinion until exact numbers are given. Guns still don't have the range necessary according to his actual profile and learning in combat is...I mean I guess sorta fair.

Actually there are numbers for Cuphead. And it isn't even small building. He only is small building cause Jettle said he noticed him getting stronger.

He is at .003 and Small building is .005

Oh yeah that.

I mean Djimmi is a boss that's weaker than the devil from what I understand so I mean it's understandable. The devil is a pretty strong boss and just sorta considers it more of a hassle to get the souls to my understanding? So it would make sense he's pretty strong compared to them.

It is absolutely safe to say he can dodge every attack, besides even if he did get hit, it was also from danmaku. All bosses in Cuphead use danmaku so even if he was tagged atleast once (which he has and his profile even suggests), it was either danmaku or some unexpected attack.

I'm 100% sure he can dodge all of hank's attacks

Buttersamuri said:
Still. That means that Cuphead and Mugman are barely even small building if they are at all.
Arguable. Depends on how powerful the devil is compared to every other boss.

Also depends on how big the devil and lord dice is

It's just implied hey are from being the final bosses. Nothing says they are extremely stronger. Small building is just assumed since they are pretty close to baseline.

Cuphead FRA. Outrange him, dodge attacks, spam homings, if he gets close, Smoke Bomb to get past him, and eventually use super moves to do heavy damage.

Again. He can't use super without parry. Which he can't do on normal attacks

He doesn't really outrange, hanks guns can give him a range too. Cuphead just has better range.

And it only is gonna take one or two hits

Cuphead's range is several tens of meters. Hank's range is several meters. There's a difference dude. Just check the profiles.

Also taking one to two hits is game mechanical. We don't say that Mario dies in two hits in a fight.

I didn't say He will die because hats how it works in the game. I'm saying it takes that many hits cause he is Much stronger.

Also a rifle can shoot past several of meters like cupheads. Rifles can hit up to 100 yards

Which doesn't matter since it won't hit Cuphead and nothing stops him attacking while dodging. It's literally his bread and butter

Hank Hill drops a cup of propane and loses FRA.

Back