• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why the only character lower than tier 6 in Touhou is Mima?

I have no idea why Mima is classified 8A in her page when Cirno is 6C, what is the justification for putting her so low?

She was in Pc98 top tier with Yuuka shinki and Yumemi, so there is no reason, and her magic is reputated to be spectacularous.

For those who crave for feats: Mima could not be contained more than a month by Reimu's Seal, The same Reimu that permanently hold the Great Hakurei Barrier together. For exemple, Byakuren needed help of her compagnion and 2 legendary artefacts to escape her 1 000 years prison who was set by shinto priests in Makai, and Reimu is reputated to be an extraordinary one.

There is also the "beating Yumeko and Shinki" thing if you are sceptical.

Also, the moon should not be put in "weaknesses", al the contrary, she never fight with the moon visible in the game. How do i Know that? She is no weaker when travelling around Makai, and:

Stage 1: it's a cave

Stage 2: SPACE

Stage 3: probably space, but when she fight alice she land on a planet, so there may be a moon, or not

Stage 4: Ice world, but it's day.

Stage 5: Space again (after using an underground warp hole)

Stage 6: Pandaemonium, Palace of Shinki, no idea if there is a moon.

In her ending in Phantasmagoria of Dim Dream she ask the moon to be alway visible in order to RAISE her power, and she said that the constant moonlight bath is keeping empowering her (like superman with the sun).

Mima's ending in PoDD

Even if you don't agree with my second point, i don't know why she would not be at least Tier 6-C.

I argued before on why PC-98 characters should be comparable to each other in the past. And how Shinki treating Mima as an equal isn't really invalid since it wasn't Mima doing that. But frankly I began to give up on Touhou on both ends of its spectrum. Either way I don't see Cirno being stronger than Mima.

You could just scale Mima to Yumemi's 5-B feat

@Promestein I am fine with if you wish to upgrade the character.

Since i am not connected at the same time as the others, i guess i can't change it myself, so if someone could do that.

This makes me wonder about Marisa and Alice in the past though. Since they're considered even footing with Reimu too. Or maybe moreso on Marisa and Mima's section.

So, is anybody in the staff willing to adjust the page?

Let's be honest PC-98 stats are a mess atm. Tons of revisions were planned but eventually dropped.

@Saikou Well, you can try to restart the revision with a new thread that includes a summary of what was previously decided, if you wish.

Well, you can simply save the text, and then remove the thread. Then you can recreate it once you have further evaluated the issue.

Back