• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't tier 3-A locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
They are a very major tier that can be taken just as much out of context as the later tiers. Why is it not locked?

here is why I think it should

1. 1. For most newbies to versus debating. The highest tier usually thought to them would in fact be 3-A, they would not even think about the 4-D aspect. This also leads to the problem over if a universe is 2-C or 3-A
  1. 2. There is confusion and conflict over using the observable universe
  1. 3. High 3-A is basically low 2-C lite, it is the minimum thing for 4-D stats

I could go either way on this.

Good points, I agree with this. I always wondered why the 3-A profiles weren't locked considering the difficulty in deciphering whether the reasonings involved space-time or not.

I do not know. I will ask Lord Kavpeny about this.

Hmm. I'm with what Mighty and Promestein have said on this.

3-A is kind of a tricky tier even though we lead out the difference between it and Low 2-C and whatnot...

While locking the 3-A profiles COULD be a good idea, I'm really not sure it's necessary, and might in fact make some users a bit upset at how restrictive we're being.

The reason Tiers 1 and 2 are locked is because they deal with concepts of higher level of reality/dimensions (4-D and up), which is not something we can expect everyone who comes to the site to understand. We can expect them to know what level blowing up a planet or a star is, but the former is something they may need to learn. 3-A is literally only a third of Tier 3 (as opposed to the entire Tier, like 1 and 2) which would be locked, and seems rather pointless. While people can sometimes mix up universe level feats, it's nowhere near on the level of Tier 2 and up. Not to mention, while High 3-A is technically very limited 4-D power, it can still be described as when someone's power is completely limitless on a 3-D scale, which is very easy to understand.

In my opinion, it's probably not worth it.

The reason for locking Tier 0-2 profiles was because they dealt with concepts difficult to accurately interpret for new-comers, and more importantly, because the gap between tiers was too vast to merit an upgrade in general (eg: a character being infinitely stronger (a.k.a. 7-D) than a 6-D character would still result in being listed as Low 1-C).

In terms of logic, I am also neutral towards the issue, since 3-A and High 3-A characters are also pretty much fixed, and more than often self-explanatory.

In terms of logistics however, it would be...troublesome, to look through the entirety of tier 3 and specifically filter 3-A pages only. Not to mention, it would require an additional, continuous checking of any pages being added to tier 3 and protecting aforementioned pages in case of 3-A, which would be strenuous in terms of monitoring.

Lastly, there have not been cases of incorrect edits for 3-A or High 3-A. While Fa's suggestion is not without merit, it's implementation would not serve any explicit benefit, and combined with the recurrent manpower cost it would incur, the idea is unnecessary to put into effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back