• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't piccolo moon +?

I only remember it making a flash of light, no pieces or anything.
That would be only for the manga, anime clearly shows a massive explosion with debris being blasted everywhere. This is especially prominent in DBZ Kai.

DBZ OG Anime moonbust:

DBZ Kai Moonbust:

Both Kai and OG anime show all the debris to disperse within 12 seconds.

Yeah that's what i'm saying, if the manga's despiction is different, why would we use the anime's
Technically the manga only shows Piccolo's beam travelling to the moon and lighting it up (Not necessarily blowing it to smithereens), the actual destruction is skipped over.

Well, when we were discussing the speed of Piccolo’s beam, we used the anime to fill in the missing parts. Can’t we do the same for the moon’s destruction?

Well, when we were discussing the speed of Piccolo’s beam, we used the anime to fill in the missing parts. Can’t we do the same for the moon’s destruction?
Well the issue is while the beam travelling scene from both the anime and manga are both identical copies of each other, the manga doesn't exactly show us the extent of the destruction.

Why do people assume that Piccolo was casual when he destroyed the moon?
  1. Piccolo was clearly exhausted after destroying the moon.
  2. Piccolo's Power Level at the time was 329, which is less than his full power, but not enough to warrant a plus.
VS Battles has an unspoken rule that if the anime adaptation is an accurate portrayal of events in the source material, like nearly everything in the My Hero Academia anime since it would be horrible if the anime stood out as original, then its version of events can be used to substitute missing parts, like timeframes and whatnot.

This is not that. There is nothing in the manga to suggest that moon was broke apart and ejected by his attack. The moon is completely gone in the manga; however, in the anime, there are still sparkles and twinkles within a cloud of dust where the moon used to be. These are two very different portrayals of the same feat.

yep iirc he was dealing with ozaru before realising the moon is its trigger destroy it

To be honest, Piccolo wasn't tired as much as he was stressed out , harangued, and spooked by dealing with Oozaru Gohan.....and besides....it was casual Ki blast which destroyed the Moon , not even the SBC.

In the Anime atleast it was a quick charge and blast, the generic kind....which means it was casual.

You can even see debris being voilently flung away.....at the end only small amount, very small amount of dust is left......so the GBE was definitely surpassed.

This is definitely above moon+ and casual at that.

In the Anime atleast it was a quick charge and blast, the generic kind....which means it was casual.

You can even see debris being voilently flung away.....at the end only small amount, very small amount of dust is left......so the GBE was definitely surpassed.

This is definitely above moon+ and casual at that.

Yep, this is pretty much 5-B because the anime feat is very much a KE feat, we can calculate the timeframe here (12 seconds) and we can definitely use the moon to get a proper shot of just how far the debris travelled (I already did it using shots from the HD Blu-Ray copies, it's rotting on my hard drive as we speak).

BTW, I should note that Kep's anime moon-calc is wrong (He ****** up with the timeframe and with the pixel-scaling, he used a wonky-ass shot of the moon when he could have just used the shot of the intact moon to determine the distance). It'd actually be high-end 5-B (Around 1.8-2 yottatons depending on which anime you choose).

This is pretty much 5-B because the anime feat is very much a KE feat, we can calculate the timeframe here and we can definitely use the moon to get a proper shot of just how far the debris travelled.

BTW, I should note that Kep's anime moon-calc is wrong (He ****** up with the timeframe and with the pixel-scaling, he used a wonky-ass shot of the moon when he could have just used the shot of the intact moon to determine the distance). It'd actually be high-end 5-B (Around 1.8-2 yottatons depending on which anime you choose).
Awesome!!
Wish the beam was also FTL rather than relativistic or something....
Idea of 5B, FTL Piccolo looks nice.....

"I don't have enough time to sit here and charge up an energy laser for two chapters while my buddy Goku holds off the opponent" =/= casual.
Again, he was huffing and puffing afterwards. Sure, it is not as powerful as his Special Beam Cannon with a Power Level of 1000+, but it is not casual either.

"I don't have enough time to sit here and charge up an energy laser for two chapters while my buddy Goku holds off the opponent" =/= casual.
Again, he was huffing and puffing afterwards. Sure, it is not as powerful as his Special Beam Cannon with a Power Level of 1000+, but it is not casual either.
I don't agree with this.....but I have no counters for now...so I'll concede on this one.

So... if we can’t use the anime, is there any way to calc Piccolo’s feat?

So... if we can’t use the anime, is there any way to calc Piccolo’s feat?
That's the only reason why the feat is where it is. Unfortunately there is nothing depicted in the manga that makes it possible for the feat to be calced. Although, I personally feel with how the feat was done, it should be easily way above baseline.

Wait, I have a stupid suggestion. Since piccolo destroyed the moon in one panel, leaving no trace of it, atomazing it!??? Jk, but it's pretty much weird for me to have him baseline moon level while destroyed it completely, leaving no debris, no smoke or anything, and this feat happened in just one panel. I am fine with just leaving him baseline, but it probably we should put a nire in his profile like "at least moon level, likely higher but not that much for reasons." Or we could do a calc and use the best method of calculating "vaporizing/shattering etc..." that fits the destruction in the manga: the moon got destroyed in under 10 seconds completely leaving no trace of it, no debris, no smoke or anything."
And as I said this is only my take, the judge would be you.

Vaporization was already rejected, pulverization is better but it would actually be like WAY below moon level, fragmentation needs pieces lying aroun, we just gotta go with the GBE, the timeframe gives nothing besides the beam speed.

That's what we are discussing, if the destruction can be the same when the manga doesn't show anything beyond the moon dissapering.

There is nothing in the manga to suggest that moon was broke apart and ejected by his attack. The moon is completely gone in the manga; however, in the anime, there are still sparkles and twinkles within a cloud of dust where the moon used to be. These are two very different portrayals of the same feat.

Then, we just use the method that aligns comfortably with what has been shown to us, the moon disappeared completely with literally no trace in under 5 seconds. Atomazing or something else that could theoretically work with it

We don't grant atomization except with very specific statements. Visuals don't cut it. Even vaporization isn't that easily assumed.

The Atomization end is only 1.2x higher than the Vaporization end.
It would be 161.48 exatons of TNT, but that is still not plus.

Also,
Atomization: Applied only if clearly stated. It describes the energy to separate all atoms in a chemical substance. The value is 30852.2 (j/cc).

Yeh you are right. But I still somehow finds that cutting the moon in half is higher than obliterating it

Back