• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't Joker scaled to other dc street level characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because he's consistently portrayed as weaker than other Street Levels. Harley, for example, fights DC Street levels all the time, whereas Joker relies more on prep and weapons.

Yeah, I'm not exactly in defense of it, but that's what I'm assuming the original reasoning was.

Originally Joker was 9-C when Batman was just 9-B with no real justification.

The page needs an overhaul in general. It's not what continuity it's pointed to and uses Arkhamverse artwork when it's supposed to be a comic profile.

Well, the original reason was that Joker has been recurrently portrayed as physically weaker than other characters, but if you can find references/scans of him holding his own against or defeating them, feel free to update the profile accordingly.

Well, Jason was younger and weaker, and the Joker used a crowbar while Jason was tied up.

Okay, though it was a pretty dark moment. Still, I'm skeptical about Joker being treated as weaker than Harley considered she's basically his sidekick/minion. Not to mention Joker has occasionally fought toe to toe with Batman in hand to hand combat iirc. And it is true that he's physically weaker than Batman, but he's not overwhelmingly weaker.

Okay. I suppose that his profile can be updated then. However, I would prefer some example scans to be included.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Okay, though it was a pretty dark moment. Still, I'm skeptical about Joker being treated as weaker than Harley considered she's basically his sidekick/minion.
Being a minion doesnt really mean that Harley is weaker than Joker

Also Harley has proven to be smarter and more agile when her love for him is not clouding her judgment.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78486/3224071-0893693446-27758.png https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78486/3224072-0378289469-27758.png https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78486/3224073-0810124665-27758.png

Though joker maybe somewhat weaker, which is debatable when they tie a lot, it shouldn't be much weaker. Plus he can take hits from other characters of a similar tier unharmed and such like nightwing, Harley, red hood, other Batman villains, etc. so durability should at least be comparable to Batman as well.

@Sandman31

Are you willing to update the page?

Ok, but I dont agree with upgrading him base on "stronger than Harley Quinn because she is Joker's sidekick"

After I looked at the Harley Quinn page, I even think we should "upgrade" her (change her justification and remove the likely).

Harley Quinn already fought Batman 3 times, fought Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake at the same time and defeated Killer Croc.

in Batman: Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy gave Harley a potion that enchances her strenght, speed, agility, gave her an immunity to toxins (which was why she was unaffected by the Joker Venom) and a slight healing factor (she healed quickly after being shot in the shoulder)

@Sandman31

Okay. Feel free to adjust both the Joker and Harley Quinn pages.

Okay, I think its more safe to scale Joker to Lex Luthor since they fought and Joker defeated Lex in Salvation run, Joker used his acid flower though

@Sandman

That's probably Low.

@Headless

That's when he had access to Electrum, one of the key ingredients in the Lazarus Pits and a metal from the Dark Multiverse. I don't think he has that anymore.

I will unlock the Joker page. Tell me here when you are done.

@Thunder

It really depends, though it has to be continuous and extensive rather than one-off gags or panels.

So more like Pit or Deadpool than someone like Izuku Midoriya acknowledging that All Might is drawn completely differently from the other characters.

In that video there were shown multiple examples of 4th wall breaks like grabbing speech bubbles and the page of the comic book he is in,etc.That makes me believe he has not the same case as Deku,since the joker is more consistent.It could be added like this "Possibly 4th wall awareness".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back