• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Nagato's Chibaku Tensei "Island level"?

While Naruto stated that Nagato's Chibaku Tensei is stronger than Deva Pain's, I don't see why it would suddenly be upgraded from Small Island to Island.

Does anyone know why is it Island level? Please inform me. If it is just due to Naruto's statement, unless Deva Pain's Chibaku Tensei yielded a higher end Small Island amount of force, it should be downgraded to "At least Small Island".

"Naruto + Itachi + Bee needing to attack it simultaneously" is not a valid reason given that they could have over-killed it especially with the explosion all 3 created from their attacks.

I think that TheMightyRegulator might know about this.

A calc in Narutoforums gave a result for the CT size that would make it Small Island level ,but a calc that i did about Nagato's speed (which is what we use) puts the CT at CIty level+ (around 90+ Megatons).I even made a thread about it and some other Naruto stats and none of the calc group gave his opinion about that matter.

You can leave messages on their talk pages asking for input, and tell them that I would appreciate their help, if you wish.

@Akuto - I acknowledge that, but saying "he is stronger than Pain" doesn't automatically up him a tier especially when there isn't a listed calc for Deva Pain's CT.

You only have to be five times stronger than a small island character to be Island level and from what I've seen, if we are using OBD's versio, Pain's CT is actually solid Island level. Unfortunately, the page where the calc is done is now lost with the only remnant being a poor case of imitatio.

@Kkapois wouldn't that be calc stacking? I mean scaling using distances is fine, but speed derived from calcs to determine the value of another calc despite no evidence of it moving at that velocity?

^ That calc is pretty old and the comment section has a huge debate about it.

May need to make another calc or use a more acceptable one or just powerscale CT above Pain and Nagato individually. Either way, it would be too silly to consider CT for Pain or Nagato to be any less than a Mountain level attack, but it is in NO way a Continent level attack or City level.

Perhaps powerscaling Deva Pain's CT to Kurama would be most acceptable. 8 of the 9 tails managed to damage Pain's CT (but was still stuck in it), so Pain's AP with CT should probably be "Likely Small Island" since it could still contain him. Nagato's CT should also be changed to "Likely Small Island" for now until there is a new calc (Which no one will do because it has been attempted numerous times)

Thank you, Antvasima. This also reminds us as to why Sage mode Naruto, who was recently downgraded to Town level, was rated Small City level in the first place. I was indeed searching for that.

No, we are definitely not accepting Continent level Pain but the feats were later calced further down in the comments.

Problem is the Small Island level rating also came from this calc (someone calculated it at 3 gigatons).

The accepted value is 7.9 gigatons which is Island level.

Therr is a difference between "old" and "outdated" the latter of which we would use to decide whether a calculation is viable or not based on age. The feat itself took place a long time ago and there are no additional factors to take into consideration to regard this particular calculation as invalid.

I could not find the 7.9 Gigaton. I only remember that calc being invalid due to Continent level silliness.

Well, The argument I was making is that rating Nagato as Island when Deva Pain is Small Island simply due to Naruto calling him "stronger" is just ridiculous.

If it is Island for Deva Pain, then instead of a downgrade for Nagato, Deva Pain should receive an upgrade to Island.

Sage Mode Naruto is clearly superior to Deva Pain physically (capable of killing a few Pain's despite his low stamina), so he'd definitely be Small City. Why was he downgraded?

Honestly when you really look at the chibaku tensei it is much higher than island level in fact even the smaller chibaku tensei made by the deva pai
Naruto 439 sleepyfans.06 07
Clearly much larger than the mountains around it.

was seen to be much larger than the mountains around it and even broke them apart in order to creat it so it would be at least mountain level maybe higher if it was aimed down making it easier to collect more material.

@Aizen - Takes coffee cup I need this

sips

@Omega - Mountain level is 100 Megatons ~ 1 Gigaton. Island level is 4.3 Gigatons~100 Gigatons. What you're suggesting is highly contradictive. Island >> Mountain level -- Twacks with coffee cup

@Aizen Gives back the broken mug Thank you.

This is getting a bit annoying ,first the calc group has to decide which method and value is correct and then the value will be applied.

You think a re-calc could be done in regards to this feat? It seems that the one linked at NF doesn't have a concensus in terms of AP.

And then you have the issue of finding the height of those mountains...

Back