• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is God 2-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why God is from Dr. Slump 2-C? His AP description says "Repeatedly claims to be the "total creator of everything", which would mean that he created the Universe, Heaven, and Hell". Dr. Slump and DB are in the same universe and the only heaven and hell it could be referring to is the one in DB. So again why is he 2-C for creating this but IZ isn't 2-C for obvious reasons? I couldn't even find any other CRT's for Dr. Slump so there's no context.

What's a Low 2-C universe again? We need there to be seperare timeline in it, yeah?

Think we could use DR Slump and Jaco and whatever works are in the same verse as DB to flesh these things out?

Low 2-C is a singular universe-sized spacetime. 2-C is at least 2 up to 1000 universe-sized spacetime continuums.

Dr Slump and Dragon Ball are apparently considered the same universe, which brings into question why God is 2-C when he only reigns over Universe 7 and when Heaven and Hell are not considered a second spacetime. He is either only Low 2-C or every character scaling to destroying Universe 7, Heaven and Hell would scale to also being 2-C.

Is it confirmed that he only reigns over universe 7? I thought he created everything sans Zeno I guess.

And, well, heaven and hell aren't separate space times, so it's still Low 2-C

I know Arale is technically a canon character given original Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Super. And that Dr Slump is indeed referenced a lot in Super. But how are they the same canon?

Same Canon based on the fact that they intersect 100% it seems. They're a part of the same universe fundamentally. Goku fights Blue in Penguin Village, and even in feature content, Arale and Penguin Village exist in the verse.

They're canon to each other.

Agreed with Low 2C downgrade specially if god was stated to be ruler or creater of universe 7 macrocosm so it should be Low 2C

I suppose Low 2-C downgrade is reasonable, but prefer to here more staff input. Because I do vaguely recall some things other staff members said about the canonicities. But they definitely appear to intersect as canon.

I asked Everlasting and he told me this.

Doing a bit of searching on google, the general consensus seems to be "All we know is that there's some form of Dr. Slump's story in the Dragon World, not that the actual Dr. Slump manga is "canon" to Dragon Ball."

So I don't think we should merge the canonicities given that both universes had different creators. God (Dr Slump) and Zeno respectively. Or were they the Kaioshin that created the planets and stars piece by piece.

I agree with the Low 2-C downgrade.

We don't know who created DB's Multiverse, that part of the lore is vastly unexplored. In fact, we really don't know anything about Zeno and the multiverse other than the fact that they are a thing.

Regardless, the very fact that Kami's name in Japanese is literally "God", tells you that Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump aren't really one and the same.

As for Super, honestly, it's very much a stretch: No Dr. Slump references aren't present in the manga, which means that they are something added by Toei as an extra. Why does this matter if we only follow the anime, you may ask? Well, it matters as it outright tells you that it's not something dictated by Toriyama, thus even if Dr. Slump's God existed in the DBS Anime, that could be thrown out of the window in the beat of an eye once Toriyama diecides to expand upon the lore.

And besides, Arale being referenced in Super is just that, a reference, a cameo. And the arale episode is literally a joke crossover, so I'm against counting it as proof.

Seems like there is a general agreement here that God should be Low 2-C.

EDIT: I made the changes and think this thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back