• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

why is equipment movement considered a character movement

Why is the movement of inanimate objects also considered character movement? Inanimate objects are only moved by the person holding them, inanimate objects only adjust to the movements of the person who moves them.

Example: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:M3X/JoJo_Part_3_-_Chariot_And_The_Speed_Of_Light

In this calculation Chariot swings the sword and Chariot's sword is included as Chariot's movement.

The simple logic is like, swing your hand while holding a sword and the movement of the sword is counted as your movement, what if there was a sword that was 2 m long it would make the calc very high just because of the difference between holding a sword and not holding a sword.

Wouldn't it be better if the sword didn't count as a character's movement, the speed of the sword would adjust to the speed of the person moving it and the length of the sword would count as additional range.

Uhh try linking this page to the JoJo's discussion thread, or send it to M3X's and/or Chariot's walls

The wiki accepts it and I guess that's all there is to it.

But your point is correct, a sword and a long equipment makes a person much faster due to it being a rigid body and travelling the distance with more distance around the axis with a higher radius, plus, the sword also moves around the arm like a pivot.

The best way to calculate it is using R1 (Radius with equipment, i.e., hand + sword) and R2 (Radius without equipment i.e., only hand) when we have confirmed that the sword doesn't move on the pivot (i.e., along the wrist of the swordsman) and how much of the radius of the hand as it is not always straight-opened is. Using proportions, we will have to put the value of S1 (speed with sword) and S2 (speed without sword), which would give us:

S2 = (R2*S1)/R1, where R1 > R2 and S1 > S2

(This is only applicable to the exceptional cases as I said before though).

I don't know the wiki standards much though, so the speed with equipment might just be useful as well.

Basically, sword would be considered as part of that limb and would need to cover that distance, thus it'd be their own speed as well. But it needs to be level with the wrist AKA not move along the pivot AKA not be vertical while the limb is horizontal.

Of course, thats an entirely different thing when you're doing shit like this (Where you're spinning the weapon with your own power, in which case it would fully scale to you):

8AIp--.gif

Basically, sword would be considered as part of that limb and would need to cover that distance, thus it'd be their own speed as well. But it needs to be level with the wrist AKA not move along the pivot AKA not be vertical while the limb is horizontal.

Of course, thats an entirely different thing when you're doing shit like this (Where you're spinning the weapon with your own power, in which case it would fully scale to you):

8AIp--.gif
So, is the movement in the chariot calculation correct? Sorry if I'm stupid.

Back