• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do some supreme creators have different tiers?

I will begin by saying I am very new to this whole concept of character tiering (especially dimensional tiering).

I am perplexed by it and admit I do not understand how this works. Yes - I've read the descriptions, but am hoping someone may be able to explain this in layman's terms for me.

A series of questions I have are:

How are supreme creators tiered differently?

For example, what classifies Azathoth as being a tier "0", where as The One Above All and The Presence are "1-A"?

Then, we have Eru Il├║vatar as being "2-c" despite being the supreme creator.

What criteria is this based off of?

Is it a matter of how reachable they are by the rest of their universe/characters in their universe?

For example, since an amped Thanos was able to "absorb" The One Above All, does that immediately constitute evidence as NOT being a tier 0?

What circumstances must occur for The One Above All to be a tier 0?

What would constitute Eru Il├║vatar being ranked higher than 2-C?

How does one universe have multiple tier 0's in it? (The Cthulhu Mythos, for example)

Thanks!

1-6. Being a supreme creator doesn't automatically qualify you for any tier since being omnipotent isn't a thing on this wiki. We tier them by how they stand in comparison to the rest of their cosmology, the cosmology's size and their best feats. Azathoth is the supreme being in a cosmology that in itself is already Tier 0 (though one that is High 1-A would suffice). TOAA is just the creator of a 1-A setting. He transcends it but that just puts him at a higher level of 1-A, nothing more. Same with the Presence.

7. For TOAA to be Tier 0 he must transcend a High 1-A character or setting the way they transcend 1-A ones. Which means that these High 1-A structures must be superior to every possible extension of a 1-A reality. At this point, he just normally transcends a 1-A multiverse and character so he's where he is.

8. Being able to destroy more than 1000 universal space-time continua would put Eru above 2-C.

9. There's no limit to the number of Tier 0s a verse can have. The Mythos might end up with 8 Tier 0 profiles once revisions are complete for instance. The characters merely have to do what is outlined above with TOAA.

Introduction of certain hierarchies within the verse and the character's transcendence of said hierarchies.

Thanos absorbed AAO, he didn't transcend him necessarily, he's moreso a comparable being, just stronger in this level of reality.

Eru doesn't show the ability to create higher dimensional systems or expansive multiverses, while some verse like 2-As can, so their verse doesn't even have the mechanics to reach these higher tiers ig.

The current tier 0 criteria, I think, is 3 levels of transcendence from the original peak of the prior reality.

See, conceptually arguing transcendence is kinda like arguing sets, so let's say Tier 1 stuff before 1-A is A, everything in the reality is within A.

To be a higher tier, say we represent it as &, & would be equal to A, B, C, D, etc, etc. Repeat this a few times and you get tier 0

A verse can get multiple tier 0s if they all show said criteria

Hopefully I got that right, higher tier bad tier.

Back