• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are merging and separating universe feats 2-C?

simply affecting half of the realm would still be affecting uncountably infinite snapshots of 3-A realms
The problem being that affecting 10 seconds is also affecting uncountably infinite snapshots of a 3-A realm. Purely via physics you could probably put it at low 2-C, however fiction doesn't usually treat it that way hence why the wiki says you need to affect an entire timeline for it to count.

I'd really doubt there is one, that's just what happens when the model's taken to its logical conclusion.
But that would mean that it isn't a ideal or general conclusion to default too...
The thing is, no case can really be "given an example" as most feats i know are "merging" without adding anything else into the equation.

Obviously, this kind of feat may differ from verse to verse, but if multiple spacetimes are explicitly fused together, then I'd say our default assumption should be that their entirety was affected. Doing otherwise is, in my view, the same was taking a statement like "I obliterated that planet" to mean that only half of the planet was destroyed, or whatever.
Yeah but as i said it would have severe consequences in the way people remember the universe etc, not to mention that from this kind of logic we might as well go for "every existence erasure of anything means EE from the entire timeline or time paradox", as the argument would be the same just using universe instead of person or object.

you're missing my point here, the whole reason that low 2-C structures are superior to 3-A & high 3-A ones is that a low 2-C realm is made up of uncountably infinite snapshots of 3-A structures (AFAIK), simply affecting half of the realm would still be affecting uncountably infinite snapshots of 3-A realms
That's intuitive logic that comes to mind and even correct... but even though we do know that, Wiki refuses to give it same importance on same lvl as affecting entire timeline, because fiction makes that difference.
It makes sense kinda why we would dismiss them.

The thing is, no case can really be "given an example" as most feats i know are "merging" without adding anything else into the equation.
Rather I was referring to more popular depictions of fusions and separations.
Straight forward space-time diverging and converging are the most popular ones it seems. So that's what Ultima was referring to Ig.

The problem being that affecting 10 seconds is also affecting uncountably infinite snapshots of a 3-A realm. Purely via physics you could probably put it at low 2-C, however fiction doesn't usually treat it that way hence why the wiki says you need to affect an entire timeline for it to count.
Say what do we do with timelines of limited life... say for example after big bang and conception of space-time the timeline lasts for only 10 seconds before its death or destruction.
What in that case?
And destroying 10 seconds out of a larger timeline is still technically same here.....
So can't we say we are being unfair to one over the other?

Say what do we do with timelines of limited life... say for example after big bang and conception of space-time the timeline lasts for only 10 seconds before its death or destruction
Low 2-C since it's an entire timeline.
And destroying 10 seconds out of a larger timeline is still technically same here.....
Sure, wiki standards says no though.
Absolutely, it's the least bad option though.

But that would mean that it isn't a ideal or general conclusion to default too...

Like I said before, I ain't here to discuss defaults.

If we keep it to halfopen intervals we basically dodge all the 10 seconds stuff, that seems to be how it's treated now.

idk what you mean by that. If you mean "it covers one end and the rest extends", that doesn't even dodge it. Erasing the first/last 10 seconds of a timeline would become a feat, in that regard. If you also want to require the interval to be infinite, then that makes every timeline-related feat where the timeline has a known starting and stopping point invalid, and makes ones where it isn't stated to be eternal/infinite dubious.

you're missing my point here, the whole reason that low 2-C structures are superior to 3-A & high 3-A ones is that a low 2-C realm is made up of uncountably infinite snapshots of 3-A structures (AFAIK), simply affecting half of the realm would still be affecting uncountably infinite snapshots of 3-A realms

I get that, but following that logic literally any non-zero length of time would qualify, and literally any being with any size on more than 3 dimensions would get a higher tier.

Say what do we do with timelines of limited life... say for example after big bang and conception of space-time the timeline lasts for only 10 seconds before its death or destruction.
What in that case?

I believe we allow it if it covers the entire axis. The first 10 seconds of a larger timeline wouldn't count since it isn't the entire timeline.

Erasing the first/last 10 seconds of a timeline would become a feat, in that regard
You have a point there. Maybe end/beginning of timeline on one end until branching point on the other end to qualify? Purely because that seems to be how fiction treats it and our current standard is based on how fiction treats it.

Yeah it seems like there it was agreed to assume that the entire timeline is being affected by default.

Which feels weird for the reason i stated in the OP. It should logically mess with the pasts of the universes and likely with the memories too.

Back