• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are Fire emblem awakening Character's scaled to bolting?

I Ask because Bolting isn't in Awakening. yet every character is MHS for "dodging bolting." But that spell isn't in Awakening.

Geneology of the Holy War and Thracia 776 have it and are the exact same universe as Awakening. Also, there was literally an entire support conversation in Awakening about magic tomes forming cloud to ground lightning that characters also dodged in the cutscenes.

I wasn't doubting MHS awakening specifically.
Just questioning why it was justified using "can dodge bolting". Instead of anything else.

I also know Shadows of Valentia has lightning that forms from the top of the screen and strikes down. So I figured it was legit, I just question the "Can dodge bolting" instead of something else. since Bolting isn't in the game. (Heck I think Awakening could be even faster then the MHS listed since characters can in short burst move so fast lightning magic like thunder and other attacks are Frozen.)

And I'm actually curious about that support conversation?

Though I am curious if character's moving to save other's from lightning spells where said spells are frozen in mid air would count and warrent an upgrade? (Since I Think? the lightning spells should count even if they aren't cloud to ground.) Granted could be invaled for reasons I'm just missing.

Though I am curious if character's moving to save other's from lightning spells where said spells are frozen in mid air would count and warrent an upgrade? (Since I Think? the lightning spells should count even if they aren't cloud to ground.) Granted could be invaled for reasons I'm just missing.
you should try to get that calced, find a clip of it and make a post in the calc request thread

you should try to get that calced, find a clip of it and make a post in the calc request thread
I'll try, granted the easiest one i can find is just using thunder. and I'm not sure if the wiki accepts all forms of lightning magic in FE to be moving at natural lightning speed.

thats something but better angles would probably make it easier for whoever calcs it
Yeah that probably isn't happening. that's the best and easiest clip I could find, I'd probably be searching through Hundreds of hours of stuff to find a better angel.
it would probably need statements in order to be considered lightning speed then, since its not a bolt and not even called lightning
It actually is called lightning. As DDM pointed out, in a Support conversation when Thunder was earlier used. It was described as "hurling lightning bolts" around.

alright, there are some rules about whether things like lightning are automatically lightning speed if theyre from magical sources but idk the specifics

Back