• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Physical Strength vs AP

Isn't it better to change the physical strength and AP, because I see character A destroy object B with a punch, but its classified as AP., but how is that destructive power? Also I saw a staff make a great differential:

Striking strength: anything done with physical strength

AP: Everything done without physical strength such as: Arrows, thunder, energy blast, fire balls etc.

Even using a sword or throwing a rock is physical strength since for the most part, superhuman potency of a melee weapon or throwing weapon all comes from the strength and precision of its wielder.

SS is merely a sub category of AP that specifically uses physical strikes. But AP can consist of physical strikes, magic, or gadgets/firearms/explosives, or anything that attacks really.

Even using a sword or throwing a rock is physical strength since for the most part, superhuman potency of a melee weapon or throwing weapon all comes from the strength and precision of its wielder.

SS is merely a sub category of AP that specifically uses physical strikes. But AP can consist of physical strikes, magic, or gadgets/firearms/explosives, or anything that attacks really.
Wouldn't it make more sense. That everything done non-physically is AP?

You're asking a lot of weird questions. Thought our currently policies are already pretty obvious.

I get that, but I don't see why there was a purpose as to go as far as to make an entire thread about it. We already do that. Physical attacks are SS and AP where as non-physical attacks can still be AP but not SS.

I get that, but I don't see why there was a purpose as to go as far as to make an entire thread about it. We already do that. Physical attacks are SS and AP where as non-physical attacks can still be AP but not SS.
But than why are some physical attacks listed under "AP" while it isn't a non-physical attack.

Because Physical attacks ARE AP too. Why is this so difficult to understand?

It does not specifically refer to non-physical, it can refer to any type of attack physical or non-physical.
Than what's the point of having "strike power". When AP/DC is everything in one? Also what does it mean? X has planet level AP, in what physically or non-physically? If physical than why again add physical strength a few scrolls down?

It would have been perfect if it were:

AP/DC>everything done non-physically like Rasengan, Kamehameha, Hyperbeam, arrows, lava attack etc.

Physical strength: everything done through strike power, destroying/hurting X,Y or Z.

And both can scale from each other and it saves time from 100% pure physical characters.

Last edited:
Back