• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are all of Superman's feats considered outlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Superman has many, many, feats. Lots of them are multiversal, universal, etc.

But why are every single one of them outlier? I mean, I can understand 1-A, 1-C feats being outlier, but... 4-A to 3-B or 2-C? Why?

Don't give me the excuse "Because Superman has consistently shown Star level to SS level feats" of "Superman has been running for many years, of course there are outliers"

Yeah, I get it. the Power-Scaling rules. But that doesn't change the fact that Superman has so many universe level to multiversal feats that it's getting absurd.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1324sGBill8bi6Xd5arJHPkH-j4gA8q48jGE1PKoQnjg/edit

26 pages. 26 PAGES OF GALAXY - MULTIVERSAL FEATS. YET ALL OF THEM ARE DISMISSED.

Or this page: joke-battles.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_(Outlier_Edition)

This is meant to chronicle all of Superman's outlier feats. I can understand like, Tier 1 feats, or high tier 2, but... everything else?

PLEASE don't just lock this thread. Read over it, and give me a detailed response, and if possible, upgrade Post-Crisis to 3-B, or 2-C.

The Wright Way said:
It's simple. Because the number of Solar System level feats outweigh the number of 4-A to 2-C feats. That's all.
One can say the exact same for Goku. >_>

Or Arale.

Or Dark Schneider

PurgeX0 said:
The Wright Way said:
It's simple. Because the number of Solar System level feats outweigh the number of 4-A to 2-C feats. That's all.
One can say the exact same for Goku. >_>
Or Arale.

Or Dark Schneider
Goku got a power boost during Dragon Ball Super and has mostly kept at that power level. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the other 2 to comment.

> Says 26 pages of feats ranging from 3-C to 2-C

> Just looks at first page, already finds a feat that isn't even canon

There is a difference between Goku, who has like 2-3 Tier 4 feats in lower forms and Superman, who has feats ranging from Tier 8 to Tier 1 all in one key.

Also just going to put this there: Tonathan has a huge history of...exageratting Superman. I wouldn't trust a respect thread of Superman made by Tonathan if I were you.

I do not know much about Comics and Supes feat but if a character goes from a feat 4-B to 2-C to return to 4-B in difficulty, I think this can be considered as outlier

SomebodyData said:
> Says 26 pages of feats ranging from 3-C to 2-C
> Just looks at first page, already finds a feat that isn't even canon
Then look at some of the others. I know there are some non-canon feats mixed in, but you get the idea.

Saikou The Lewd King wrote:
Also just going to put this there: Tonathan has a huge history of...exageratting Superman. I wouldn't trust a respect thread of Superman made by Tonathan if I were you.

So... Genetic Fallacy?

I'm not saying to not trust this list at all. Just that "26 pages!!!" is far less impressive if you consider that a good part of those feats are either non-canon or wanked/misinterpreted.

I read your post (a little) and already, I must first say that You mellanger ALL superman feat (while there are several) I think the outlier is superman (original / pre) / post crisis) because there are rules on Scaling, so concerning superman POM I think you can get something

Technically other universes are canon to DC, just not canon to the Superman (Assuming Post-Crisis, Pre-Crisis, or Post-Flashpoint) that he's trying to upgrade if you understand what I mean.

Basically, Superman's feats are all over the place, so we tried to find ones that are higher than usual, but still fit reasonably well with his general portrayal.

In addition, Marvel and DC are both insanely inconsistent in terms of power-scaling. It has systematically been possible for virtually any completely outclassed character to match or beat the opponent based on the whims of the authors and editors.

As such, we have to attempt to scale from a great degree of consistency.

Anyway, please avoid bashing other people here, even Tonathan.

Darkanine said:
Just because something is canon doesn't mean it's canon to every version of the character. It be like scaling Pre-Crisis Earth 2 Superman feats to American Alien Superman, or Radio Show Superman. Plus, we're going to need more stuff then just WoG to accept something so big.
That wasn't what I was trying to say. I was simply correcting the fact that DC had officially made everything in their series canon, so there is no 'canon' and 'noncanon'.

Small question:

I know that DC and marvel are inconsistent. If we were to upgrade superman (hypothetical scenario) how many DC characters would be affected by this?

There are a lot of reasons. Most of which have lready been discussed here. Outliers exist on both sides of the spectrum, from nukes doing damage to him to him shaking soulfire dark side and emperor joker. If you like those feats, cool, but most vs sites try to look for a trend. Some writers for Superman just don't know the character also.

That being said I'd love to see him upgraded, but you need to bring some evidence to the table other than "but he did this that one time" for this site.

Id suggest outlining feats you think should be considered and then explaining why. If you want help, I'll look stuff over, but most of the stuff I've been working on would indicate 4A at best.

@PaChi2

Almost all of the regular high-tier heroes and villains are scaled from Superman, and none of them have remotely displayed a universal scale in terms of destructive or creative capacity, as far as I am aware. It would create a massive inconsistency.

If someone provided enough evidence for one character, say Superman, all of DC's pages would probably need revised and only use their own feats. I don't see that happening when most characters are ballparks around the same levels.

Superman is by far my favorite superhero of all time. I love his Mythos, stories, personality, etc.

So when I come and tell you that there is no way in hell that Supes can be Universal, or worse, Multiversal, that should tell something.

Please don't use that word. It's disgusting. Just say low-ends.

Anyway, High 4-C and 4-B is the most consistent high+end showing for the DC heroes.

Antvasima said:
@PaChi2

Almost all of the regular high-tier heroes and villains are scaled from Superman, and none of them have remotely displayed a universal scale in terms of destructive or creative capacity, as far as I am aware. It would create a massive inconsistency.
Then I agree with what everyone else said.

I also really like the Post-Crisis version of Superman. Considerably more than Goku in fact, so it isn't like me and Matthew are trying to be biased.

We all know that Post-Crisis Superman has so many writers, from John Byrne to Grant Morrison, their vision about the character of the Man Of Steel were so differents. In every case if you define a specific tier for Superman, it wouldn't be consistent because no matter the tier you bring to rank Superman would reveal a contradiction on what another author has done. In a sense, Post-Crisis Superman IS a Composite Superman in itself. I think that would be good to seperate the different authors taking into account the main ones whereas distinguishing eras, because it brings so many inconsistencies and the interval is too wide.. One author would be usually (and necessarly) consistent with what he has done previously.

And Dominus feat isn't an outlier, because Superman masters the Torquasm-Vo. It's an ancient Kryptonian martial art known as the "theta state" and was a warrior rite of the Kryptonian race and was a psychic disciple that involved the control of ones consciousness which allowed two practitioners to battle one another. In Superman: King of the World, Superman managed to take on Dominus thanks to this. Without forgetting that in Superman Issue #139, Superman managed to break Dominus's alternate reality. Superman: King of the World happened in the early 2000s so it fits perfectly with his development as the stories unfold. That's not as if it happened a few years after 1988, I think people should take into account the context and the timeline during which Superman accomplishes the feat because it could be a major indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back