• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who's faster Sonic (Pre-Genesis Wave) or Wally West?

I still haven't found my answer for this match. They're my favorite speedsters in fictions and I wanna know who is faster.

Sonic is (at least) MFTL in his normal form and although it makes no sense, Sonic gets AT LEAST an a thousandfold increase in his Super Form. Sonic has ran through the entire multiverse and also at the otherside of the universe in the span of an afternoon as well as ran multiple laps around Anti-Mobius with Anti-Sonic(Scrouge) and then came back in that same afternoon. Again, that's AT LEAST MFTL.

im pretty sure the majority of people who come in this thread will say Wally due to his reknown

but Sonic done a feat that is MFTL+ in his base form alone and the reason we never could get exact number is because the time frame while done in an afternoon has is all messed up because decided to get lost during that feat, but again this his base form, not even considering Super Sonic or Ultra Sonic and his Ultra form is faster than his Super form when his Super From is faster than his base form

honestly imo idk really

Wally's speed is not constant, as it all depends on how tapped into the speed force he is, at the moment. Wally using ALL of the speed force has infinite speed, but again, that's only when using literally all of it.

There's no such thing as infinite speed. Because if it were, he'd be a match against Chronokinesis users like Zoom, as his speed would be a constant, it would be capable of traveling as fast in time as Zoom himself would as that is also a power of the speed force, yet Zoom constantly only loses due to PIS.

But yea as Azzy pointed out Wally can go as fast as he wanted to in technicality

but Sonic never reached a top speed in of his forms(throughout the whole comic he never reached his full potential in anything), its one of those battles alot of things that have to be considered

Because Wally never uses all of the Speed Force against Zoom. Yes, infinite speed is not a thing (because it is effectively limited omnipresence), but Wally has it. Because this is fiction.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Because Wally never uses all of the Speed Force against Zoom. Yes, infinite speed is not a thing (because it is effectively limited omnipresence), but Wally has it. Because this is fiction.
Oh you mean he wouldn't use his most powerful weapon against his strongest enemy. Right...

RouninOtaku said:
What's a bigger feat, Wally's trans velocity feat or Sonic running through the multiverse
Wally's by a landslide

His trans time velocity feat would let him cross 100000000000000000000000000000000000 light years in .13 seconds

Yes, but when it's CONSTANT PIS against the same person, it starts to get annoying, don't you think?

The Flash isn't willing to go his maximum against his greatest rival. Someone who is his polar opposite in abilities (Time vs Speed). I'll need to see some feats of that or some word of god for that Infinite Speed stuff though.

FanofRPGs said:
Wally's by a landslide

His trans time velocity feat would let him cross 100000000000000000000000000000000000 light years in .13 seconds
likely but still unknown because we cant get a number on Sonic's feat but sonic has other forms that are faster, one is uncalcuable and other is faster than that

Wally should be the fastest though some MFTL+ characters can reach infinite speed by accelerating.So there's that as well

Absorbing the literal embodiment of speed allows Wally to move as fast as he wishes. This was done by Bart during IC as he literally needed the entirety of the speed force to beat Prime back to the main DCU. Also, while Flash is consistently plagued by PIS, him using all the speed force ALL the time would likely be even worse, as the few times he's done so, it's nearly killed him.

Um... that doesn't mean he was moving at Infinite Speed, sounds like he was moving at speeds that couldn't be calced by any instruments or abilities, but that has nothing to do with "Infinite" Speed. Infinite is basically a step down from Omniscient. A person can be anywhere they wish to be at any time they wish to be through their movements. Immeasurable speeds means that a person is so fast that people naturally would not be capable of understanding just how fast they are, but they don't have the same abilities as an "infinite speed" user. In reality I consider that there's no such thing as an "infinite speed" but that's something for another day. Immeasurable sounds right.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Not sure if wally is faster than sonic since he apparently stalemated enejark whos 5 dimensional IIRC
Only true Enerjak is possibly 5-D (or something to that effect). Sonic fought with Enerjak while he was possessing Knuckles (so basically an avatar).

RouninOtaku said:
Looking at feats Wally destroys Sonic right?
What? Nah. Not even close. Especially with Super Sonic who took multiple attacks from Enerjak in terms of Destructive Potential. Sonic could beat him as himself if it wasn't for the speed advantage, that's how powerful he is, and that's why I think the One-Minute Melee's Sonic was Archie Sonic. That's about how it would go.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Not sure if wally is faster than sonic since he apparently stalemated enejark whos 5 dimensional IIRC
Only true Enerjak is possibly 5-D (or something to that effect). Sonic fought with Enerjak while he was possessing Knuckles (so basically an avatar).
Still Multi-Universal at least.

Yeah i was because sonic would have immeasurable speed which would be out of flash"s league since this is about speed

Davy0 said:
Still Multi-Universal at least.
Yes, but assuming true Enerjak is equivalent to a 5-D entity, he'd be Multiversal+, which I believe is what CHILL was referring to.
Yeah... Super Sonic is the person that keeps up with Multi-Universal Avatar Enerjak either way. So...

When judging these guys at the very absolute peak of their speed, I'd say Wally, since he absorbed the entire Speed Force (Basically giving him Infinte Speed).

You guys are really discounting a Multi-Universal Beings speed, aren't ya. And Sonic was still faster than he was in Super Sonic.

Back