• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the True King of Sorcery? Loki (Marvel Comics) vs. Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time)

Story: Ganondorf stood around the Asgardian altar. He planned to summon the deity of tricksters, Loki, to his domain. He smirked, perhaps with his dark magic, he could sap the god's powers and boost his own power. Maybe he didn't need the full Triforce after all. As he finished the ritual, a cloud of green smoke rose throughout the giant circular altar as the God of Mischief himself, Loki appears.

Loki was free from his prison in Asgard. He couldn't believe it, he honestly did not think a mortal would actually summon him and release him from that cell. He looked down at the green-skinned man below him and was about to speak, but something wasn't quite right.

Without wasting any time, Ganondorf unleashed his spells upon Loki. But within seconds, the god shrugged them off. "This will be more troublesome than I thought," Ganondorf mentally noted. Loki was furious. This ant summoned him just to attempt to steal his power? He frowned. "When this mortal dies, the rest of Midgard is next."

Rules:

-Both have their standard magic and abilities.

-Speed equalized.

-Both are against each other one-on-one, no outside interference.

-Ganondorf only prepared for summoning Loki and did not bother on actually learning about the god due to his arrogance, and Loki never met ganondorf before. Overall, fist encounter, zero prep time.

-Fighters are in character, and if the battle will not take too long, the winner is decided by K.O. However, if the battle drags on long enough, eventually both fighters become bloodlusted.

-Ganondorf does not have the complete Triforce, but has the Triforce of Power, and can transform into Ganon. However, he is no longer immortal and can be defeated without holy weapons.

-Location takes place in Ganondorf's Castle.

Who wins and why?

So I'm gonna assume by standard magic and abilities Lokis classic key is being used.

In terms of physical strength I don't really know what to say, Loki is currently listed as city level via the guidebooks saying he's as strong as Carol. But Carol is now large island level and the guidebooks are generally being disregarded (I mean, Carnage also used to be scaled to Carol and that was just dumb).

In terms of magical power, not sure if this will be changed with the Marvel revision, Loki has the edge being planet level as opposed to Crenados at least moon level. Even if we boost Ganondorf to small planet level he would still be 133 times weaker than Loki. One attack from Loki would decimate Ganon whereas none of Ganons attacks would penetrate a force field Loki could create (BTW if you're wondering why I sometimes call Ganondorf Crenando its a joke from Vinesauce).

Now on the subject of what they can do with their magic, Crenado has invisibility and intangibility which seems it could be a big help, his soul manipulation probably won't be helpful. Off the top of my head the only thing Crenados done with souls is taking Zeldas out of her body on Twilight Princess (Although I can't remember if it's stated or implied if she actually had her soul removed), and him being able to create massive veil of twilight that turns people to souls since Zant could do so, but not only is that level of soul manipulation kinda low tier, it's also likely a product of Twilight Magic which isn't a part of his standard magic abilities, but thats a topic for another day.

Loki has molecular rearrangement which can mess Crenado up, Lokis inter-dimensional teleportation makes Crenados BFR useless, he can distract and disorient Crenado with illusions, Crenado has also not shown anything that would make him resist Lokis hypnosis, and Gamondorf will have trouble getting past that regen.

Also in character both of them are pretty arrogant, and Loki from what i can remember tends to trick and mess with his opponent rather than actually fighting them (again going off of my memories). Crenado While arrogant more often not actually tried to kill his opponent.

So for now (Saying this because the Marvel revision is likely gonna change Lokis tier) I'm gonna go with Loki due to his magic being far more powerful in terms of AP, his magic seems more useful in general, and he has far more experience.

Loki just...hits Ganon with magic. I'm pretty sure Loki has faced worse mind and soul manipulation than Ganon.

Loki - 3 Ganondorf - 0

By the way things are looking right now, Ganon shouldn't have awoken the sleeping giant.

Can I just point out the fact that Loki's profile says "ummary" instead of "Summary"?

Yup, just checked. So I guess... it's not considered an official battle...? Anyways. how do I shut this down?

Back