• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link does have the range advantage, but Crono scales from a higher calc being that one meteor from Chrono Cross that has a 325.035 Yottato calc. But I may need to find it here.

Here

It has been used against Magus's generals who are clearly inferior to Magus. And there was an ability similar to that in Radical Dreamers which Magus appears in.

Link has the better range, better hax, greater intelligence and skills, and has dealt with beings physically sronger than himself all the time, not to mention he also has the better games.

I am pretty confident in my vote for Link, unless someone wants to contest that.

This is the feat 5-A Link scales from, but not sure which timeframe was accepted, but I think it was the 9 seconds end. If it's the 2 seconds end then actually Link is stronger.

Chrono is easily far above Queen Zeal's 6.37 Yottato feat, but there's the possible afformationed 325 Yottaton calc. Link could either be 6 Yottatons or 495.970070441 Yottatons depending if the 9 second or 2 second end was accepted. Not sure if this is a mismatch now that I think about it.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
This is the feat 5-A Link scales from, but not sure which timeframe was accepted, but I think it was the 9 seconds end. If it's the 2 seconds end then actually Link is stronger.
Chrono is easily far above Queen Zeal's 6.37 Yottato feat, but there's the possible afformationed 325 Yottaton calc. Link could either be 6 Yottatons or 495.970070441 Yottatons depending if the 9 second or 2 second end was accepted. Not sure if this is a mismatch now that I think about it.
Well shit, a x54 difference in strength is actually quite huge. Naryu's Love might be able to protect him from it, but I am not sure. And Link really doesn't have anything to put him down if that is the case.

And if it is the latter instead of the former, then I believe that Link kinda stomps for all the reasons I mentioned above.

Anyway, I'm trying to vote assuming they both have more or less the same end (6.4 vs 6; 325 vs 495). If they don't, it's a stomp btw.

So, as others said, Link here has the range advantage. For most other stuff, they're mostly equal. Luminaire in basically Light Din's fire, I would say they're quite close in skill, though I would still keep Link slightly above for being more accustomed to fighting on his own, and both defeated a shadow version of themselves if we consider Dimensional Vortices canon.

Link also han an another seemingly small but actually pretty big advantage, is that he has a shield, which gives him better chances at protecting himself against Crono's attacks whereas the opposite isn't always true. Nayru's love also helps despite its many 2 drawbacks.

Crono does have a notable advantage, namely Thunder II, as most Links, this one included, struggle against Lightning, especially AoE. But I doubt Link won't use Nayru's love after being hit, which, while it needs a lot of magic and doesn't let you use other kinds of Magic, it should help. Crono can technically just dodge everything or just enough to not get hit and then just attack Link again with the spell, but that's unlikely enough to give Link the victory.

TriforcePower1 said:
Crono does have a notable advantage, namely Thunder II, as most Links, this one included, struggle against Lightning, especially AoE. But I doubt Link won't use Nayru's love after being hit, which, while it needs a lot of magic and doesn't let you use other kinds of Magic, it should help.
Well, that is certainly correct, but if the following is also true...

Weaknesses: Crono takes extra damage from ice/water and especially shadow attacks, he is not used to solo combat against stronger foes, his techniques require excessive MP consumption, and cannot equip certain things, such as the Prism Dress.

Then, Link can answer with Ice Arrows.

Chrono could counter that weakness with blue mail, which makes Ice Magic heal him instead.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I remember in the Zelda revision threads around the time Breath of the Wild came out that it was agreed to use a timeframe of 3 minutes (As that's how long it takes the moon to move going by the ingame clock) not 9 to 2 seconds, which resulted in around 12 Yottatons per Linas calc in the blogs comments.

If it's only 3 minutes, that would make the feat only Low 5-B. And I recall statements about Matt saying we should use real time rather than game time. Due to assuming it takes minutes or even hours just to accomplish a few simple tasks. 3 Seconds was the end that got 12 Yottatons, but if the lowend was what was excepted; then that's Low 5-B.

Here we go again with the Content Revisions

Zelda revisions are never ending

Linas comment actually mentions the whole 3 seconds = 3 minutes in game and he used 3 minutes for his version of the calc instead of 3 seconds I even quickly did my own calc and god roughly 12 Yottatons as well. Cals inital results being that low into 5-A were due to him not using the irl Earth to moon distance and as such the distance and speed he wound up getting was a lot lower than it should've been, realistically he should have gotten results in High 5-A or something using the actual distance.

I'm gonna comb through the threads from back then in a minute since I'm sure everyone agreed that while using in game time for stuff like Link running around was obviously stupid it would be fine to use in game time for large scale events like the Blood Moon.

Yeah so Cal, Lina, and Darkanine agreed to a 3 minute timeframe in those threads, and Matt agreed with their revisions. Azzy agreed with Darkanine when he explained that the revised calc used irl earth-moon distance and a 3 minute timeframe. But those threads were also 2 years ago, given how the sites standards for many things has changed since then maybe it would be fine to use a timeframe of a few seconds now?

Either way I'm gonna recalc the feat anyway using frame by frame to get a more accurate timeframe (Apparently it was closer to 2 seconds real time then it was 3), and I'll make a low and high end using minutes and seconds for time frames.

bump. This is a must-end kind of fight. I favor Link. He's got the range, versatility, and skill to outdo Crono. Crono does have decent defenses but so does Link and, unlike Crono, Link is well versed in a myriad of combat forms. (Sword+Shield, Bombs/Explosives, Bow+Arrow, Hammer) and the longshot gives him better mobility over the battlefield. Finally, Crono is an adept strategist and team leader but a majority of Link's battle experience/training have been done solo so a 1v1 situation more or less favors him in terms of familiarity.

Im gonna bravely place my bets on the Hero of Hyrule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back