• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
AKM sama said:
I wasn't talking about you, just some peeps on the internet.
Ahhh, well okay then, lol.

It's entirely possible that CM will end up getting some bigger feats in Phase 4, that will cause her to finally live up to the all the hype that Feige and Larson have been throwing around.

1. Thor or Carol 2. Carol or Thor 3. Strange 4. Wanda 5. Tony 6. Hulk

I think the ONLY thing Thor lacks is hax, he has regen to a degree AP good attack/reaction speed, Durability is insane and a underrated thing people don't talk about is he can BFR people with the bifrost

Kidkinsey said:
1. Thor or Carol
2. Carol or Thor 3. Strange 4. Tony 5. Hulk

I think the ONLY thing Thor lacks is hax, he has regen to a degree AP good attack/reaction speed, Durability is insane and a underrated thing people don't talk about is he can BFR people with the bifrost
Dude you're right, he totally can BFR people with the Bifrost! I mean, if Heimdall was able to send Hulk to Earth using the Bifrost, then Thor can definitely do that too.

That being said, the fact that Scarlet Witch isn't even on your list shows that you didn't think this through properly. Scarlet Witch is WAY more powerful than Hulk, based on what we saw, and actually did better than Carol. And Carol is nowhere near the level Thor was at in Infinity War with Stormbreaker, so putting Carol alongside Thor is a bit silly.

Strange and Scarlet Witch should both be above Carol. Strange because he has the ultimate hax, and Wanda because her sheer power is about equal to Carol (both put up just as good a fight 1-on-1 against Thanos) but her power-set is far more versatile than Carol's.

Kidkinsey said:
Yeah my bad i added wanda on my edit lol, i was typing it on my phone and i guess her deleted her name by accident
Man I really liked your point about bifrost users being able to BFR people. It's an ability in the MCU that I hardly ever see people bring up in these forums.

Please don't quote large walls of text.

I still hold what I said before about Wanda and Carol. Resisting TK with similar power to you is much harder than physically resisting someone with similar power to you. It's formless kinetic energy, it'd be like fighting water unless you just try and overpower it, the same as going against the current of a river. But you can't actually 'grab' the water, you can't do anything to influence it beyond splashing it with your arms, and unlike actual water Wanda has total control of it. No matter how I see it, Carol pushing Thanos to his knees with ease while he had a stable footing on the ground and with only one hand puts her above Wanda in pure power.

But Wanda's power is way more annoying to deal with. Also, mind shenanigans.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I still hold what I said before about Wanda and Carol. Resisting TK with similar power to you is much harder than physically resisting someone with similar power to you. It's formless kinetic energy, it'd be like fighting water unless you just try and overpower it, the same as going against the current of a river. But you can't actually 'grab' the water, you can't do anything to influence it beyond splashing it with your arms, and unlike actual water Wanda has total control of it. No matter how I see it, Carol pushing Thanos to his knees with ease while he had a stable footing on the ground and with only one hand puts her above Wanda in pure power.
But Wanda's power is way more annoying to deal with. Also, mind shenanigans.
Good points I guess. But most people on this wiki seem to be of the opinion that Wanda is completely on-par with Carol in terms of raw-power; at least, that's what people seem to think if the recent Carol vs Wanda thread is anything to go by.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I still hold what I said before about Wanda and Carol. Resisting TK with similar power to you is much harder than physically resisting someone with similar power to you. It's formless kinetic energy, it'd be like fighting water unless you just try and overpower it, the same as going against the current of a river. But you can't actually 'grab' the water, you can't do anything to influence it beyond splashing it with your arms, and unlike actual water Wanda has total control of it.
But wouldn't it be more easier to go against the current of a river than going against a pressured blast of water of said river? I mean, I'm not an expert on this at all and I may be completely wrong in this, but I'm still pretty sure that it's way harder to fully restrain each part of someone's body than applying force into a single spot of it to subdue it as the former takes way more force.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
-Shrug-
Everyone agreeing about a subject here is as likely Captain Marvel suddenly being liked.
Actually, the votes in the Captain Marvel vs Scarlet Witch thread were 100% unanimous. Seven people voted for Wanda, zero people voted for Carol. The reasoning which people cited all seemed to be along the lines of: "Their power is about equal, but Wanda is more versatile and has better ranged attacks."

So yeah, people did, in fact, seem to be in unanimous agreement about this.

@Good I would doubt that, regardless. Many matches end quickly, but this wiki is not made up of 7 people. Perhaps I am the only one for sure, but I doubt it.

@Monkey Not really? Ask yourself, what are grappling moves for? Why is the one inch punch so revered? Applying a lot of energy without the room to move is hard, very hard. Thanos has no room to really push against Wanda besides his lifting strength because he can't smack anything, he has no solid ground to stand on and better use the strength of his body, he doesn't have one area (Carol's hand pushing ont he gauntlet) where he can apply his strength, its affecting his whole body.

Goodyfresh said:
The reasoning which people cited all seemed to be along the lines of: "Their power is about equal, but Wanda is more versatile and has better ranged attacks."

Tbh, people also ignored the fact that she is kinda like glass canon and one hit would result in her instant death.

In my personal opinion Captain Marvel is physically the strongest, Wanda's abilities give her the most raw power and Dr. Strange has the best hax.

At least, that's if we're using heroes with purely their own innate power. If we're counting the usage of outside weapons, then Infinity War Thor with Stormbreaker is the most powerful.

Reasonings

• Captain Marvel seemed to be getting the upperhand grappling Thanos, and tanked that headbutt from him like it was nothing. Then Thanos used the Power Stone to yeet her, which he didn't even resort to in order to beat Hulk and base Thor.
  • Wanda was totally dominating Thanos and made him open fire on his own troops. I guess one could argue whether Captain Marvel or Wanda has more raw power, but Thanos didn't seem nearly as terrified of Captain Marvel as he was of Wanda. Maybe that's cause he knew he had the Power Stone to fall back on with Captain Marvel, but either way I think the way she handled base Thanos was more impressive overall.
  • Dr. Strange's insane versatility kinda speaks for itself lol
  • Infinity War Thor with Stormbreaker takes the cake if we count him as he just went right through Thanos's chest and he could've one shot Thanos if he went for the head.

AKM sama said:
Goodyfresh said:
The reasoning which people cited all seemed to be along the lines of: "Their power is about equal, but Wanda is more versatile and has better ranged attacks."
Tbh, people also ignored the fact that she is kinda like glass canon and one hit would result in her instant death.
This is true, but she's REALLY good at reacting to and blocking attacks using her telekinetic barriers, so I don't think this would be an issue for her.

@LSirLancelotDuLaci: Good point about how a character who uses brute physical force fighting someone with telekinesis meaning that they basically can only use their lifting-strength, not their striking-strength, since they have no real room to move or to get a good foothold. I never even thought of that, but in the future in such matchups, it is something I will always keep in mind. This is of course yet another reason, though, why there's really no way that Carol could beat Wanda, lol. Carol wouldn't even really be able to use her striking-strength, she would only have access to her lifting-strength and her energy-blasts.

@Ryukama: I agree with your points here. Wanda probably has the most raw power *without using a weapon*, Carol **clearly** has the best pure physical strength and striking-force. But of course, the actual "greatest raw power" would be Infinity War Thor, but only when using Stormbreaker, as you said. Wanda making Thanos panic so badly that he opened fire from the ship on his own troops was. . . .pretty freaking nuts, really. Lol.

What was actually MORE impressive about Thor with Stormbreaker wasn't him damaging Thanos' body and nearly killing him, but the fact that a single throw of Stormbreaker did so to Thanos after already busting straight through an energy-blast and barrier from the COMPLETE Infinity Gauntlet. Seriously, that is insanely impressive. Overcoming the power of the complete Gauntlet is more impressive than overcoming the durability of Thanos himself.

And yeah, Strange is by far the most versatile and hax. He can easily just completely bypass durability using portals to chop people up, and has all kinds of other hax. He can even BFR people to the Mirror Dimension, and seemingly the only way to resist that is with the power of the Space Stone.

Goodyfresh said:
What was actually MORE impressive about Thor with Stormbreaker wasn't him damaging Thanos' body and nearly killing him, but the fact that a single throw of Stormbreaker did so to Thanos after already busting straight through an energy-blast and barrier from the COMPLETE Infinity Gauntlet. Seriously, that is insanely impressive. Overcoming the power of the complete Gauntlet is more impressive than overcoming the durability of Thanos himself.
Honestly though I'm not sure about this which is why I didn't mention it. The Russos have stated that Thanos was off guard and could've made a proper counter for it had he known what was coming. Which makes sense since Thanos had no idea what the Stormbreaker was and almost always deals just enough damage to defeat the heroes but not enough to kill them. So he probably wasn't shooting a full blast. Also one of the screenwriters said that it might've been dwarfen magic that's just inherently a counter to the blast. But either way we at least know that Stormbreaker can one shot base Thanos, which puts it on top.

Goodyfresh said:
And Ryukama's comment is the exact reason why we don't rate Thor with Stormbreaker as being on the same level as IG Thanos, in our profiles.

Yeah, definitely because Eitri is the one who makes both of them. In my honest opinion, Eitri definitely knows and understand how the stones actually work to make the Infinity Gauntlet in order to harness its power, it won't be that outlandish to think that he could reverse engineering the dwarfen magic on the gauntlet and enchants it onto Stormbreaker to make it specifically effective against the stone's power.

As for the ranking:

1. Doctor Strange (spells and haxes ie. Mirror Dimension, 'nuff said.)

2. Infinity War Thor (Stormbreaker feat, mortally wounded Thanos.)

3. Scarlet Witch (Probably defeats Strange if she's in the most-powerful state; when someone precious to her dies; otherwise lose due to experience.)

4. Captain Marvel (Definitely no.1 at AP and physical abilities at the moment. Just lose to the other three due to being outhaxxed.)

5. Thorbowski (Obviously out of shape after 5 years, and definitely much weaker than in Infinity War, as he got overwhelmed physically by Thanos. Wielding both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir helps even the odds a bit though.)

6. Celestial Star-Lord (Other than being inexperienced with his powers compare to those above, he should be able to defeat those below him with mid-difficulty at most. Except both him and the opponent have to fight on Ego, otherwise...yeah you know the drill.)

7. Captain America + Mjolnir (Probably equal or weaker in power compare to Thorbowski, able to knock-off Thanos with the swing and can conjure lightning due to obtaining the power of Thor from Odin's enchantment. From this reasoning he should be comparable to Pre-Awakening Thor?)

8. Iron-Man Mark LXXXV (Stronger than Mark L that makes Thanos bleed. Able to stall Thanos from snapping again for a few seconds.)

9. Hulk (Fought against Thanos in IW and lost, completely outmached in terms of skill. Nothing changes much in Endgame except that Banner and Hulk fuses together to become Professor Hulk, still hopelessly outmatched from other individuals above due to not being versatile enough.)

Also, if Stormbreaker was specifically effective against the stone's power, should it also be very powerful against those with powers base on Infinity Stones (Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch)? I just thought about this and I'm indeed very curious, any thoughts?

BeatTheBest said:
As for the ranking:...
I'm sorry but Celestial Star Lord is actually above all those others except in terms of hax when it comes to Strange's magic and Wanda's mind-hax. Celestial Peter Quill is rated Large Planet Tier (Tier 5-A) on here, that puts him way above all the others you listed in terms of sheer AP and Dura. None of the others have any definitive feats that are provable as above High 6-B. Just because IW Thor, Wanda, and Carol are "At Least High 6-B, Possibly Far Higher" does not mean they are SO much higher as to be Tier 5-A. The difference between High 6-B and 5-A is a factor of at least five-billion!

The reason we don't really count Star Lord as being the strongest at this point, is because as far as we know right now, he has lost his Celestial powers forever.

Goodyfresh said:
I'm sorry but...
Oh, I'm sorry that I didn't make that point clear enough. While it is true that in terms of AP and durability Celestial Star-Lord is the best of them base on feats, when I said that Captain Marvel is the strongest in terms of physical abilities at the moment I mean it to be right now (2019). I totally understands the difference in AP between them, hope that clears the misunderstanding.

But yeah, I just have the thought that this topic is about the strongest hero of all-time, I already have two Thors on the list (on two different movies), so I didn't really count what Star-Lord's current state are since in his prime (Celestial powers) he was totally strong enough on the list.

Maybe I misunderstand the point of topic, but this is what I believe to be the list in my opinion.

BeatTheBest said:
Makes sense!

It's always possible that Peter Quill may regain or reawaken his Celestial Powers in Guardians Vol. 3, discovering that in fact, the powers didn't come from Ego but from himself, and he doesn't need Ego alive in order to possess the powers. That would be pretty cool. If he became an independent Celestial in his own right, then he would TRULY be a "Star Lord," ya know?

Yeah, I also think that at some point maybe Quill would be able to master his power and creating his own planet to play around with someday.

So about this one...

BeatTheBest said:
Also, if Stormbreaker was specifically effective against the stone's power, should it also be very powerful against those with powers base on Infinity Stones (Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch)?
I think it was a very interesting topic to think about. You guys have any thoughts about it?

BeatTheBest said:
Knowing Quill, he'd be like "I don't need your planet, I'mma make my OWN planet, with blackjack and hookers and lots of booze!" Drax would laugh heartily, Groot would be like "I am Groot," Rocket would be like "sounds like a place I'd love to visit," Nebula would be thoroughly disgusted/disapproving, and Mantis would be like "what are hookers?" And Thorbowski of course would be like "just how much and what kind of booze, exactly?"

That is an interesting question. Perhaps Stormbreaker would be especially effective for busting through Captain Marvel's aura and photon-blasts, or busting through Wanda's telekinetic barriers?

So, are Strange and Infinity Thor with Stormbreaker gonna scale to the 5-A cause of fighting Thanos with the incomplete infinity gauntlet?

Penguinkingpin said:
So, are Strange and Infinity Thor with Stormbreaker gonna scale to the 5-A cause of fighting Thanos with the incomplete infinity gauntlet?
No. The AP of the power stone is variable and other reasons are already mentioned above.

AKM sama said:
Penguinkingpin said:
No. The AP of the power stone is variable and other reasons are already mentioned above.
Yup. I highly, highly doubt that Strange or Thor are Tier 5.

AnonymousBlank said:
1. Strange beats all the other contenders except for Wanda because she doesn't need travel time for attacks. Takes the number 1 spot since he is simply better in general.
2. Wanda beats everyone (bloodlusted) simply due to compatibility.

3. ThorBreaker is physically weaker than Carol but his axe will tear through her higher defense like it did to Thanos (and thus Hulk).

4. Carol gets out haxed, out ranged (as in they have better range attacks) and out AP'd by those above her but is basically better than Hulk at everything.

5. Hulk ...... why did you not go Worldbreaker after absorbing the IG gamma rays? Basically Thanos but less skilled and thus will lose to evryone else on this list since they all have either beaten Thanos or would have if not for Infinity Stones.
This

Back