• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is Nova Laos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiktok views are rather easy to get given the subject matter though. out of those 800k views we see at best 22k actually went to read it and looking at the first chapters likes it got 35 and the most recent are barely getting above 10.
ngl my brawl stars fanfic series on amino got more likes that the entire series doubled

Guys why is notability even a factor? How many of you actually know what BoBoiBoy is? As long as someone's heard of it, it is allowed on the wiki.
i heard of it many times, it is a popular kids show and i think it even has a comic

Should I create an official CRT for this verse?
A few of us on Discord are already collecting the feats and noting the Cosmology in a doc, and it'll eventually be a blog when we're ready to make the profiles

A few of us on Discord are already collecting the feats and noting the Cosmology in a doc, and it'll eventually be a blog when we're ready to make the profiles
Ay, may I link to the discord server? I would like to help if possible.

i mean asking beforehand is definitely a good option since otherwise you'll have it go down the drain...all the way to FC/OC battles wiki
RIp. Yap you are right. Asking is always a good option before we go all official.

i always thought this wiki is not prefer adding verse which exist solely on web novels... Assume there are Light novel or even Manga version of nova laos i would gladly making some CRT about it.

i always thought this wiki is not prefer adding verse which exist solely on web novels... Assume there are Light novel or even Manga version of nova laos i would gladly making some CRT about it.
We have several WN only verses, it's just that in the case of Japanese verses where there's a WN, LN, Manga etc, people tend to prefer making profiles for each version because there's usually substantial differences

We have several WN only verses, it's just that in the case of Japanese verses where there's a WN, LN, Manga etc, people tend to prefer making profiles for each version because there's usually substantial differences
it's kinda interesting LN version is always weaker than WN version. For example rimuru tempest.

Also since @Antvasima denied the verse, I guess we can close the ticket (I was ngl ready for creating the whole cosmology and character profile but rip)

Also since @Antvasima denied the verse, I guess we can close the ticket (I was ngl ready for creating the whole cosmology and character profile but rip)
He didn't though?

We allow Monument Mythos and Mandela Catalogue. There's no reason not to allow Hybrid Mage.

I hold the same view I did in the profile deletions thread. From the posts I've seen here, it smells like Suggsverse but now on TikTok. Should not be allowed due to a tiny amount of notability that seems to reside almost exclusively within the battleboarding community.

@Sir_Ovens I think you're really wrong here. Your Parahumans comparison was abysmal (as I went over in the profile deletions thread), and your comparison to Monument Mythos and Mandela Catalogue seems lacking as well.

An analogue horror series that draws millions upon millions of views, and tens of thousands of comments, should not be compared to a battleboarder's webfiction with 22,000 views and 300 likes.

Can you explain which of my arguments this refutes?

This conversation will be pointless if I give reasonings, which you completely ignore to bring up random verse after random verse, expecting me to explain why they meet the requirements I've already laid out.
Well not yours exactly. But if it's the case of making a verse for the sole purpose of VS debating then no, because Hybrid Mage was made with an actual story in mind and prior to the tiktok debacle.

It's fine as a verse and nowhere near as bad as Suggs.

Can you explain which of my arguments this refutes?

This conversation will be pointless if I give reasonings, which you completely ignore to bring up random verse after random verse, expecting me to explain why they meet the requirements I've already laid out.
But the verse is from r/jokes and from reddit. I don't see any counter reason why this should be not accepted. Ay after seeing this, I have no clue why this should not be accepted.

Well not yours exactly. But if it's the case of making a verse for the sole purpose of VS debating then no, because Hybrid Mage was made with an actual story in mind and prior to the tiktok debacle.

It's fine as a verse and nowhere near as bad as Suggs.
The exact same thing happened with Suggsverse, contrary to popular belief, it was written years before the creator even started battleboarding.

And we do not disqualify verses because they were "written for the sole purpose of VS debating", it's because they're only notable within battleboarding communities.

But the verse is from r/jokes and from reddit. I don't see any counter reason why this should be not accepted. Ay after seeing this, I have no clue why this should not be accepted.

Because it's not about location, it's about notability and fanbase. The Interface Series was notable enough to get a Vice article, and across all its posts, has far more likes (well, upvotes, around 6,500 total) and discussion (at least hundreds of comments on their posts) than this verse. And none of it is tied to battleboarding.

The exact same thing happened with Suggsverse, contrary to popular belief, it was written years before the creator even started battleboarding.

And we do not disqualify verses because they were "written for the sole purpose of VS debating", it's because they're only notable within battleboarding communities.

Because it's not about location, it's about notability and fanbase. The Interface Series was notable enough to get a Vice article, and across all its comments, has far more likes (well, upvotes, around 6,500 total) and discussion than this verse.
I mean if this is the standard we hold ourselves to then we need to be deleting more verses off the site.

Seeing as many Chinese novels no one has heard of can get pages, I don't see why Hybrid Mage can't.

At this very juncture, without severe and significant changes to the wiki, you can't in good faith ban Hybrid Mage from being added when it has an actual following outside of battleboarding.

Because it's not about location, it's about notability and fanbase. The Interface Series was notable enough to get a Vice article, and across all its comments, has far more likes (well, upvotes, around 6,500 total) and discussion than this verse.
Notability? 6500 upvotes is pretty much small. The verse we are referring to got 22k views. Not everyone has an account, so I think the dark number is higher.
If the novel author wrote it on Reddit (which is actually not a place for web novel), he would get same upvotes and more since Reddit users are way higher than voyce one.

I mean if this is the standard we hold ourselves to then we need to be deleting more verses off the site.

Seeing as many Chinese novels no one has heard of can get pages, I don't see why Hybrid Mage can't.

At this very juncture, without severe and significant changes to the wiki, you can't in good faith ban Hybrid Mage from being added when it has an actual following outside of battleboarding.
How did it get popular outside of its creator talking about it on TikTok? Exactly how popular was it before then? For any of the small verses I'd defend from this, I can concretely provide this sort of thing, can you?

How many of those Chinese novels are merely unheard of in the west, and actually have significant fanbases in China?

Notability? 6500 upvotes is pretty much small. The verse we are referring to got 22k views. Not everyone has an account, so I think the dark number is higher. If the novel author wrote it on Reddit (which is actually not a place for web novel), he would get same upvotes and more since Reddit users are way higher than voyce one.

Well you think that, and I don't. I'd also appreciate you not ignoring it having a Vice article.

This one isn't so much your fault, but I edited my post later to highlight the amount of discussion Interface Series has, and the main point that I tried to hammer in that the main part is the connection to battleboarding.

And as one more aside, we didn't all come together for a big discussion to get the Interface Series accepted. Dargoo just made the profiles for it one day. I would not cry a river if it got removed, but I do still think there are notable enough distinctions between it and this verse to make that unnecessary.

EDIT: There is more to notability (a creator can't add their own verse to the wiki, or be friends with a wiki member and tell them about it and have that person add it, or any extension of such a chain) but the only stuff that's relevant here is "must have some notability outside of battleboarding circles".

Last edited:
EDIT: There is more to notability (a creator can't add their own verse to the wiki, or be friends with a wiki member and tell them about it and have that person add it, or any extension of such a chain) but the only stuff that's relevant here is "must have some notability outside of battleboarding circles".
Eh trust me, I don't even know him, but I like creating verses and profiles and this one seems to be highly indexed, so it is fun to create it.

But in the end, I rly still don't see any reason for not creating this verse at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back