• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is Nova Laos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell you the exact reason we don't allow Suggs, but the ruling was made years ago so I don't know how it has managed to withstand the test of time despite all the policy changes that have happened along the way. So the closest thing to not allowing it on the site is nepotism.

That and also we haven't had a formal discussion on why Suggs shouldn't be allowed in a long time because everyone wants to avoid it.
The verse isn't allowed because it was made by a prior battleboarder explicitly to flood the wiki's pages with tier 0 characters; to the point where it was literally made in response to him losing debates over his favorite verses. The suggsverse is close to being a high-level troll effort and summarizing us not adding it as 'nepotism' is just lazy ad hominem against the site.

And also not what nepotism is? Nobody's receiving favorable treatment from the staff. This is the opposite of nepotism...

The verse isn't allowed because it was made by a prior battleboarder explicitly to flood the wiki's pages with tier 0 characters; to the point where it was literally made in response to him losing debates over his favorite verses. The suggsverse is close to being a high-level troll effort and summarizing us not adding it as 'nepotism' is just lazy ad hominem against the site.

And also not what nepotism is? Nobody's receiving favorable treatment from the staff. This is the opposite of nepotism...
I rly still can't see a reasonable reason for not allowing this verse to be indexed.

I rly still can't see a reasonable reason for not allowing this verse to be indexed.
The verse isn't allowed because it was made by a prior battleboarder explicitly to flood the wiki's pages with tier 0 characters; to the point where it was literally made in response to him losing debates over his favorite verses. The suggsverse is close to being a high-level troll effort...

Nova's author has stated multiple times iirc, that he's writing the story because his actual goal is to write a good story and characters and such

He doesn't deny that it seems strong just to be strong, but denies that that's true, even having a bunch of stuff stronger than Nova, the OC everyone claims he just wants to be the strongest thing in fiction.

And having actually read it, while there are just huge Cosmology exposition dumps early on at least, a lot of it is actually focused on, well, the story. The interactions between characters, setting up plot details like the nature of Ethos and Nova's family line, the war with the Demoreals, etc, rather than just being a story made just to get tier 0.

People who watch his tiktoks do also express an interest in the story beyond just the strength, some people praising its writing, the comments on the chapters doing the same, etc. He's even actually made lore videos on the series, rather than just scaling ones. It's just that considering he's a tiktok scaler, it's a lot easier to get views if he scales it first, garners interest, then starts talking about lore and stuff.

As for how strong he actually is, yeah its 1-A+, High 1-A if you absolutely stretch it
Wait, you read the full novel? I Read up to chapter 14 till now . Do the cosmology get any further expansion? I Know about relics and celestial ethos till now, plz save me the trouble of reading the rest of the story since i was reading it because i was curious how far the verse would go. So the cosmologgy caps out at High 1-A??

Apparently the author of the webnovel blocked someone else on TikTok for making a video about debunking Nova Laos being Tier 0.

oof. Did you read the whole novel up to chapter 44? The entire cosmic hierarchy doesn't reach tier 0?
In later chapters, the entire cosmology is described as being contained within another construct referred to as "Vessel Space", and there is another identical cosmology named "Cardinal Space."

Outside of them resides The 0 Sea, which is stated to exceed being and non-being. This would be High 1-A.

Outside of the 0 Sea is The Golden Room. The Golden Room contains an innumerable amount of objects known as "Chronicle Trees" which contain infinite narratives on its branches in the form of Eden Fruits. This could be Tier 0.

The verse isn't allowed because it was made by a prior battleboarder explicitly to flood the wiki's pages with tier 0 characters; to the point where it was literally made in response to him losing debates over his favorite verses.

This is actually false. Suggs never battleboarded on vsbw, he used other sites that were around earlier, there is no way that he could have made them to flood the wiki with tier 0 characters. Also, he made many books in the "Suggsverse" before he lost debates over his favourite verses.

most xianxia novels. They aren`t that known in the west and mostly are known through battleboard

If you can explain the Chinese battleboarding community, and the almost 100% connection between it and the Chinese fanbase of those novels, then maybe we'd delete them. But I don't want to delete verses based on wild speculation. I've seen people suggest verses such as Dies Irae based on the idea that the Western fandom mainly consists of battleboarders (beyond that being wrong, it definitely doesn't apply to the Japanese fanbase).

Ah hell nah, Xianxia, Xuanhuan, and Wuxia isn't mostly known through battleboarding here, tf?

A lot of those shit have a lot of fans, most of them aren't even into battleboarding. Like just go to Novelupdates and check for yourself. Shit is wild.

No seriously, look at this shit
Shion did just that and we were shocked to find what we did.

Defensive/Immunities_

Nigh-Complete Arsenal:
Nova possesses Immunities to almost all abilities in base state and to name a few:

Poison/Venom of any all kinds.

Possession - Nova cannot be possessed at all.

Durability Negation - Nova is immune to the abilities that negate durability

All Nullification Powers - Nova is completely immune to abilities that nullify his own abilities and attacks. Emphasis on Nullification, not to be confused with blocking as the opponent (if strong enough) can block his attacks

Existence Erasing abilities - All attacks and abilities that completely erase the existence of an opponent are ineffective and won’t harm Nova whatsoever.

Power mimicry/stealing - it’s impossible to copy and or steal any of Nova’s abilities.

Attack reflection - Any ability that allows the opponent to reflect his attacks will not work.

Absorption: Nova’s power/attacks cannot be absorbed.

Death Manipulation - More specifically, abilities with a sole purpose that directly induce instant death on opponents are ineffective.

Manipulation of Laws and Logic - Abilities/attacks that change and alter laws and logic to the user’s will, do not affect Nova.

Manipulation of Causality - Nova is immune to abilities that manipulate Causality. His attacks cannot be altered, undone, etc by the rules of cause and effect.

Manipulation of Fate - Nova cannot have his fate altered by another in any way.

Soul Manipulation - Abilities that can alter or manipulate a Soul are ineffective against Nova.

Space and Time Manipulation Abilities/Reality Warping - Nova transcends the very concepts of space and time not just space and time itself but the concepts of it. This means he cannot be killed via his past self being killed, nor is he affected by abilities that forcefully age him while he can also move through frozen time even if he wasn’t the one to freeze it, etc. He is also ageless and cannot age unless he wants to. Nova will also remain unaffected by the warping of Reality no matter how powerful the Reality Warper is.

· Nigh Immortality - One must destroy Nova’s very soul 2x in order to kill him.

Offensive Abilities_

Nigh-Complete Arsenal
: Nova possesses nearly all offensive and battle-based abilities in his base state and to name a few:

Infinite Stamina and energy: Nova cannot get tired/exhausted during a fight as he has an infinite amount Ethos and Stamina

Peak Physiology/Spirituality: Nova’s body and soul are at their peak giving Nova a massive amount of raw power.

Flight: Nova can fly with ease as fast as he can move/run

Durability Negation: Nova’s attacks bypass all abilities that increase the durability of an opponent and will cause the same amount of damage to someone as if he was hitting their bare flesh.

Death Inducement: Nova can place instant death upon an opponent via touching them for 3 seconds

Dimensional Storage: Nova can store items in his own inventory like dimension.

Abstract Existence Negation: abilities that allow opponents to exist on a higher plane of existence/transcend cause an effect, dimensions etc will be bypassed and ineffective against Nova’s attacks. Beings on a higher level of existence for example, are forcibly pulled down to Nova’s Level of existence if they are on a higher level than him.

Immortality Negation: If Nova wishes for it, he can cause lasting, permanent damage to or even kill immortals.

Elemental Manipulation: Nova can control all the Elements with complete mastery

Space - Time Manipulation: Nova has control over space-time allowing him to manipulate matter, travel through time, teleport, destroy time itself, warp/delete space, accelerate/slow/reverse/fast-forward the time of others, himself or the time around him, manipulate the location of others, etc. This leads to Nova to also being able to destroy Dimensions that have some kind of Concept of Space-Time.

Causality Manipulation: Nova can control cause and effect. Example: Nova claps his hands. The effect of his hands clapping is the release of very small shockwaves and sound waves. Nova can alter the effect, so these waves are far stronger and can erase a Reality.

Dude straight up ripped off superpower wiki like suggs. Does being original kills people nowadays for what.

Look... if we gonna say "he ripped off" the abilities, then I can say same to Rimuru

No seriously, look at this shit
Shion did just that and we were shocked to find what we did.

Defensive/Immunities_

Nigh-Complete Arsenal:
Nova possesses Immunities to almost all abilities in base state and to name a few:

Poison/Venom of any all kinds.

Possession - Nova cannot be possessed at all.

Durability Negation - Nova is immune to the abilities that negate durability

All Nullification Powers - Nova is completely immune to abilities that nullify his own abilities and attacks. Emphasis on Nullification, not to be confused with blocking as the opponent (if strong enough) can block his attacks

Existence Erasing abilities - All attacks and abilities that completely erase the existence of an opponent are ineffective and won’t harm Nova whatsoever.

Power mimicry/stealing - it’s impossible to copy and or steal any of Nova’s abilities.

Attack reflection - Any ability that allows the opponent to reflect his attacks will not work.

Absorption: Nova’s power/attacks cannot be absorbed.

Death Manipulation - More specifically, abilities with a sole purpose that directly induce instant death on opponents are ineffective.

Manipulation of Laws and Logic - Abilities/attacks that change and alter laws and logic to the user’s will, do not affect Nova.

Manipulation of Causality - Nova is immune to abilities that manipulate Causality. His attacks cannot be altered, undone, etc by the rules of cause and effect.

Manipulation of Fate - Nova cannot have his fate altered by another in any way.

Soul Manipulation - Abilities that can alter or manipulate a Soul are ineffective against Nova.

Space and Time Manipulation Abilities/Reality Warping - Nova transcends the very concepts of space and time not just space and time itself but the concepts of it. This means he cannot be killed via his past self being killed, nor is he affected by abilities that forcefully age him while he can also move through frozen time even if he wasn’t the one to freeze it, etc. He is also ageless and cannot age unless he wants to. Nova will also remain unaffected by the warping of Reality no matter how powerful the Reality Warper is.

· Nigh Immortality - One must destroy Nova’s very soul 2x in order to kill him.

Offensive Abilities_

Nigh-Complete Arsenal
: Nova possesses nearly all offensive and battle-based abilities in his base state and to name a few:

Infinite Stamina and energy: Nova cannot get tired/exhausted during a fight as he has an infinite amount Ethos and Stamina

Peak Physiology/Spirituality: Nova’s body and soul are at their peak giving Nova a massive amount of raw power.

Flight: Nova can fly with ease as fast as he can move/run

Durability Negation: Nova’s attacks bypass all abilities that increase the durability of an opponent and will cause the same amount of damage to someone as if he was hitting their bare flesh.

Death Inducement: Nova can place instant death upon an opponent via touching them for 3 seconds

Dimensional Storage: Nova can store items in his own inventory like dimension.

Abstract Existence Negation: abilities that allow opponents to exist on a higher plane of existence/transcend cause an effect, dimensions etc will be bypassed and ineffective against Nova’s attacks. Beings on a higher level of existence for example, are forcibly pulled down to Nova’s Level of existence if they are on a higher level than him.

Immortality Negation: If Nova wishes for it, he can cause lasting, permanent damage to or even kill immortals.

Elemental Manipulation: Nova can control all the Elements with complete mastery

Space - Time Manipulation: Nova has control over space-time allowing him to manipulate matter, travel through time, teleport, destroy time itself, warp/delete space, accelerate/slow/reverse/fast-forward the time of others, himself or the time around him, manipulate the location of others, etc. This leads to Nova to also being able to destroy Dimensions that have some kind of Concept of Space-Time.

Causality Manipulation: Nova can control cause and effect. Example: Nova claps his hands. The effect of his hands clapping is the release of very small shockwaves and sound waves. Nova can alter the effect, so these waves are far stronger and can erase a Reality.

Dude straight up ripped off superpower wiki like suggs. Does being original kills people nowadays for what.
No Omnipotence? Where are we, the Stone Age?

Still this is not as bad as a wattpad novel i read a while back. It has shit like berkeley cardinal layers with each layer having indescribably greater then reality fiction difference with lower ones to the point you can't reach the higher layer by transcending the concept of transcendence, aleph omega layered hax and resistance, mahlo cardinal valued logic transduality type 4 of infinite layers, and all that nonsense.

Still this is not as bad as a wattpad novel i read a while back. It has shit like berkeley cardinal layers with each layer having indescribably greater then reality fiction difference with lower ones to the point you can't reach the higher layer by transcending the concept of transcendence, aleph omega layered hax and resistance, mahlo cardinal valued logic transduality type 4 of infinite layers, and all that nonsense.
I am really unsure why would be our issue... like just index them. The wiki purpose is to index-

i mean if you want to index a lot of tier 0 fictions then be our guest bud, it's whether you like it or not

Because we're not interested in indexing every single thing that anyone's ever written. We want to separate some things into side websites such as fc-oc wiki and joke battles wiki.

Because we're not interested in indexing every single thing that anyone's ever written. We want to separate some things into side websites such as fc-oc wiki and joke battles wiki.
which remind me, how do we determine if a fiction belongs to FCOC wiki again?

which remind me, how do we determine if a fiction belongs to FCOC wiki again?
If it can't be on vsbw due to a lack of notability or due to copyright infringement, it goes on fc-oc.

If it can't be on vsbw due to being a joke, it goes on joke battles wiki.

Since there are some people who have also read the WN, I have a question. Can someone explain this?

The mysterious energy seemed to be harmless, and life remained relatively normal except for around 48% of humanity. The mysterious energy infused with and mutated this 48%, transforming them into superhuman beings that have abilities and powers that were only thought to be things of fiction. The mysterious energy was later named Ethos. The Ethos that descended from space altered the 48%’s physiology, mutating and changing their bodies so that they could produce Ethos themselves which led to thought to be impossible things.

These superhuman beings known as Ethereals did not just pop up all at once in an instant. It was a gradual process over multiple years meaning there must have been a first Ethereal.

Viro Cosmos was the first and is currently the most powerful Ethereal to exist. He possesses the Skill known as Universal which allows him to control the laws of the universe, Space, Time and much more leading him to be nigh-omnipotent, immortal and a godlike being.

Isn't this a contradiction in the novel? and just the prologue at that? Maybe I'm just tired but I don't get it. yes, im going to try to read this novel

Since there are some people who have also read the WN, I have a question. Can someone explain this?

Isn't this a contradiction in the novel? and just the prologue at that? Maybe I'm just tired but I don't get it. yes, im going to try to read this novel
It's like, the energy affected them, and the mutations took time to take effect basically, with Viro's taking effect first

In later chapters, the entire cosmology is described as being contained within another construct referred to as "Vessel Space", and there is another identical cosmology named "Cardinal Space."

Outside of them resides The 0 Sea, which is stated to exceed being and non-being. This would be High 1-A.

Outside of the 0 Sea is The Golden Room. The Golden Room contains an innumerable amount of objects known as "Chronicle Trees" which contain infinite narratives on its branches in the form of Eden Fruits. This could be Tier 0.
I think for something to be tier 0 you'd need more 'infinity stacking' stuff than that. At the very least, there are several marvel profiles with many more layers than that that are not tier 0.

I think for something to be tier 0 you'd need more 'infinity stacking' stuff than that. At the very least, there are several marvel profiles with many more layers than that that are not tier 0.
It's more about the gap than the amount of layers. Like the way the gap between the things is described is what judges if it's a tier jump or not, which is why like, the Chaos Void is only 1-A+, since it's differences are only r>f and not inaccessible stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back