• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WhiteNight and Abnormality Physiology Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finally revising Damage Types, i'm going to finish my last major revision for the Abnormalities (for now) so I can get to making Library of Ruina profiles.

The current WhiteNight page is lackluster and doesn't have it's own tabber for Plague Doctor nor should the Apostles be apart of the page in general. Here's a blog that fixes this.

Finally, the big part of the CRT: Abnormality Physiology. You can see the full blog here (massive thanks to @Saikou_The_Lewd_King for the help on this one), but i'll go over a simpler version below. You can find links in the blog itself.
  • Their Mind Manip just becomes part of their physiology, and also get Morality Manipulation due to Employees who go mad only attacking other Employees and actively helping free Abnormalities.
  • Everybody gains Acausality (Type 1 and 4), due to Distortions being unable to be read by the Gaze Office's causality tracking machine while tracks causality across multiple universes. Also, none of their components or constituents can be identified. Type 1 for Abnos and Ordeals come from the fact that Ordeals exist across all of time, and even those that do not currently exist in our time can manifest in the past and present.
  • Abnormalities gain Immortality (Types 1, limited 2, 4 and 8), due Abnormalities being stated to be impossible to kill and having undeding lives. Abnormalities will eventually come back due to their connection to the Well of Humanity, even after complete mental, physical and spiritual destruction.
  • Abnormalities gain Abstract Existence (Type 2) due to being physical manifestations of archetypes from humanity given physical form. They also are very similar to ordeals, living as abstract ideas in the Well of Humanity that exist across all of time and will manifest physically from time to time. Also, when depleted of energy that exist as solely mental forms, so there's that as well. You could argue type 1 AA as well for their true forms but if i'll leave that up to people who know it better than me. This will replace the regen aspect unless the Abnormality has notable regen besides this.
  • All Abnormalities gain resistances to Damage Types, as all Abnormalities should be more resistant to them than Clerks are (only applies to TETH and above right now).
  • EGO users gain all the abilities of Distortions, minus Mind Manipulation due to them being essentially opposite ways of dealing with oneself.
  • More miscellaneous stuff that can be found in the blog.
Tl;dr wrapup for those who need a reminder:
  1. WhiteNight's page gets revised and the Apostles become their own page.
  2. Abnormality Physiology becomes a thing and multiple Abnormality powers get revised or changed accordingly.
Agree: 6 (@The_Divine_Phoenix, @Shmooply, @deonment, @Saikou_The_Lewd_King, @azontr, @DarkDragonMedeus)

Neutral: ()

Disagree: ()

Last edited:
No real comment on the WhiteNight page, besides the fact that it has some formatting issues (tier not bolded as an example).

Abno/Distortion/Ordeal/EGO physiology seems sufficiently in order to me.
I'm not sure about just calling it Abnormality Physiology given all the stuff it covers, but that's not particularly important.

No real comment on the WhiteNight page, besides the fact that it has some formatting issues (tier not bolded as an example).

Abno/Distortion/Ordeal/EGO physiology seems sufficiently in order to me.
I'm not sure about just calling it Abnormality Physiology given all the stuff it covers, but that's not particularly important.
Tier isn't bolded because you can't bold tiers in blogs because that's a type of template and it messes up categories.

It's just called Abnormality Physiology because Distortions are essentially the first stage of becoming an Abnormality, Ordeals are Abnormalities that weren't collected by Lobotomy and EGO is a fundamental part of Abnormalities, so it's the best fit.

Thanks for the evaluation!

basado
Looks good to me bossman.

That seems to be a common problem with profiles made in blogs/sandboxes, likely a bug.
Like I said to Phoenix, bolded tiers are a type of template that adds a category to the blog, which is a no no.

Vote added sir.

Looks good, but for the physiology page I think it would be better if you instead of cluttering it just have it so that each further category has the whole
All previous abilities
other verse-specific physiology and powers with levels have

Looks good, but for the physiology page I think it would be better if you instead of cluttering it just have it so that each further category has the whole

other verse-specific physiology and powers with levels have
I suppose your right, thanks for the evaluation.

I'll get to changing it up soon perhaps, though the way it's formatted right now looks fine.

EGO Users shouldn't have the same abilities as Distortions. Those abilities are mostly from being made out of Light matter. Which EGO users aren't. They mostly just wield weapons that are. At best it'd be limited resistances to only those weapons. There really shouldn't be any standard abilities for EGO users beyond the necessary abilities to even summon EGO (which would be like, transformation, creation and very limited concept manip).

EGO Users shouldn't have the same abilities as Distortions. Those abilities are mostly from being made out of Light matter. Which EGO users aren't. They mostly just wield weapons that are. At best it'd be limited resistances to only those weapons. There really shouldn't be any standard abilities for EGO users beyond the necessary abilities to even summon EGO (which would be like, transformation, creation and very limited concept manip).
This was my intention after we talked about it on Discord, though I'll go and change the language to make it more clear since my point isn't coming across.

Anyways, I assume you agree with the rest of it?

I'm also doubtful about Type 1 Acausality. Abnos wouldn't simply scale to Ordeals for things like that. And Ordeals are manifested from across space-time, but that doesn't mean their physical form is acausal in any way. Like, yeah sure the conceptual form of Abnos and Ordeals might be some form of acausal but not the physical form (which is what we rate).

The rest seems fine, though.

I'm also doubtful about Type 1 Acausality. Abnos wouldn't simply scale to Ordeals for things like that. And Ordeals are manifested from across space-time, but that doesn't mean their physical form is acausal in any way. Like, yeah sure the conceptual form of Abnos and Ordeals might be some form of acausal but not the physical form (which is what we rate).

The rest seems fine, though.
We don't just rate the physical form, as shown through our indexing of weakened abnormalities. Abno's should scale or Ordeals, considering they come from the same place and are the exact same thing, except that Ordeals are unintended consequences that are scooped up by the Well.

Thanks for the evaluation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back