• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis time travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So like the title says this is about Whis time travel.

It is known he does not teleport places, but rather flies to them, this includes other world, other universes and even to other timelines and points in time according to his statements to Trunks about going to the future, and is shown to fly off to warn a future Beerus of Zamasu after their conversation.

Given he achieves this stuff via flight, and we already use his flight speed in calcs for finite speeds, it would be reasonable to give him a similar treatment to Superman, Flash etc imo, and make him have speed as "immesurable by flying through time" on his speed on top of his current one, since technically it should be accurate.

Would obviously apply to the angels only since they are the only ones we know can do this.

https://imgur.com/a/0cxb2Ay

Whis likely uses warp to time travel and I originally thought this could be legit, but in episode 69 Whis claims he's never gone so fast before so this will likely get rejected.

I'm neutral tho.

We don't know how he could do that, and you could argue that he could just use a Time Ring.

And besides, Whis said it would take 3 whole days to get from U7 to Zeno's palace (which already puts the "Immeasruable Speed" option into question). I don't know how much time it would get for him to get to anotehr timeline by physical travel, if that's even possible.

Wasn't episode 69 a literal gag, filler episode with Arale. That shouldn't affect the overall scaling and story of Super.

You can ask some of the experienced members and staff listed in the Dragon Ball verse page to comment here.

Zamasu Chan said:
Whis likely uses warp to time travel and I originally thought this could be legit, but in episode 69 Whis claims he's never gone so fast before so this will likely get rejected.
I'm neutral tho.
That would be the equivalent of having someone run to the kitchen after smelling something nice and say 'i never went that fast before !' and taking it litteraly as their top speed, Whis just said it as a different way to say 'that food smelled so delicious, i came here quickly'.

Yeah, when Whis said its the fastest he has ever gone, it could be hyperbole, sure shouldn't cap a better feat. Also We have no idea the actual size of the Universe. It is said to be like ours, which has a high probability of being infinite, and also in guides is stated to be endless and infinte, so one could even argue that his speed feat there was potentially vastly more impressive than the low ball calc using the observable universe to, it was possibly infinite.

Basically we see him fly off after talking with Trunks to presumably go to the future like he said he was. After all Trunks had a place to go by the morning so Whis clearly acted shortly after leaving. And we know Whis doesn't use teleportation or portals for travel, even to other universes, and he isn't rewinding time more than 3 minutes.

Also the fact only supreme kais can use the time rings, as they require potara from the kais and are only intended for them, and the fact that they can not normally go back in time with the rings like Whis planned to (before Dabura), rules out the time rings as a likely means of time travel for Whis.

So it's pretty evident he used the classic warp flight to time travel imo based on how he left, the fact Trunks had a safe place to go by the morning, and the fact he could not have used the time rings to go back to the past, or without a kais potara at all anyway.

Worth noting is in Xenoverse we do see him onscreen time travel with his flight. He goes from the time nest in the future (Age 850) to U7 in the past where BoG occured (Age 778) I know its non canon but it does show that the flight is indeed intended to be able to time travel like is implied in the anime.

https://youtu.be/pd0SG_Hy20Y?t=969

I am not opposed to this, but we need more staff input.

Kind of Neutral on this tbh.

Seems very off note - but I could see this as a "possibly" rating of sorts.

No idea about time travel. Going by the screenshot and the Xenoverse 2 video, Whis seems to use some kind of technique to achieve time travel, not using sheer movement to do so.

Okay. We can wait a little while first then.

Skalt711 said:
No idea about time travel. Going by the screenshot and the Xenoverse 2 video, Whis seems to use some kind of technique to achieve time travel, not using sheer movement to do so.
I agree. From what I know Immeasurable would mostly closer to an less likely and I think Time Travel would be obtained from a special from Occam's Razor.

Thanks for reminding us of this. I think that we have waited long enough now. Time Travel can probably be applied.

Yeah, I just checked it looks like there is no needed for it nor change like add more justification since the scans already exist on the page. I guess this thread is already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back