• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where to start with World of Darkness?

Greetings and salutations! I'm interested in learning more about World of Darkness, but I am unsure which installment to start with. Would anyone be willing to give their recommendations? Thank you!

There's a ton of books, but those are the best to start off with, I recommend them in this order:

Mage 20th edition
Masters of the Art
Werewolf 20th edition (This can go anywhere, it's mostly for the cosmology)
Revelations of the Dark Mother
Vampire 20th Edition
Time of Judgement

I know this is necro but it depends tbh
If you're bookish and don't mind either hunting down pdfs or hunting down physical copies and shelling out lotsa money, go with Udl's recommendations. These will also give you a crash course on lore from both in-universe and meta perspective. If you wanna ease into it, the ever-replayable Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is a great place to start. You will, however, have a more boots-on-the-ground and extremely limited view of the lore from the player perspective. Ideally, that would serve to get you hooked on learning more.

How VtMB doesn't have profiles yet I got no ****** clue

How VtMB doesn't have profiles yet I got no ****** clue
It's because I'm always so busy now-a-days so I never get to work on WoD anymore, along with working on Doctor Who, Nightside, my University course and the general woes of life.

I meant to make Therese and Jeanette a profile eventually, since they're strangely low in generation which makes them an unironic power house.

For reference, she's Generation 6. If she were just 1 higher, she'd be one of the legendary Methuselah.

I meant to make Therese and Jeanette a profile eventually, since they're strangely low in generation which makes them an unironic power house.

For reference, she's Generation 6. If she were just 1 higher, she'd be one of the legendary Methuselah.
Ikr?? It's pretty crazy how best girls is a generation shy of being in the same gen as mfing Dracula, and would be in the same league as him if he wasn't a thirsty boi. If Therese and Jeanette were able to harmonize earlier and more consistently, they would unironically rule LA in its entirety if not all of SoCal.

Back