• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where do Minecraft's current High 3-A ratings come from?

SInce the command block and Wither Storm are ranked High 3-A for being capable of destroying the entire Minecraft world, is this backed up by explicit statements in Story Mode?

Because IIRC, the Minecraft world is no longer infinite, as one of the updates (1.8?) reduced the farthest possible distance you can travel from spawn to around 33 billion blocks( I think) away (each block is 1 meter). I read this in the 2016 Gamer edition of the Guinness World Record book. That year's 10 page spread was dedicated to Minecraft.

When I find the specific page I will post the description word-for-word.

I think the reason they gave was that you could not teleport to a value beyond 33 billion blocks, as chunks would stop loading completely once you reached the 33 billion block limit, limiting the Minecraft world to a radius of 33 billion blocks (the Minecraft world is circular!).

I think the Minecraft world is a square, not a circle but i think you are right.This doesn't deserve to be High 3-A.I'll probably do a calc about this if i find the time.

This limit seems like a gameplay mechanic. The world visibly extend beyond that limit, and the only canon source of information about the world (End Poem) states that the world is infinite.

I said it was circular was because you can travel 33 billion blocks in every direction(except down and up) from spawn, which by definition makes it a circle.

I'll try to get a more specific value when I get home, because it's not just straight up 33 billion blocks.

I think a calc would be great!

To calc we can take cuboid dimensions for one value and cylindrical dimensions for another value.

I'd think the hollowness value for the Minecraft world would be around 5%, then I could probably take my MCPE, give myself a pickax enchanted with Efficiency to the maximum degree and mine straight to bedrock in 10 different locations to get percentages for types of blocks, and then apply values for fragmentation, violent fragmentation, and staight up vaporization.

Or we could justify the tier by the size of the Minecraft world istelf, which has around 474 times the diameter of the Jupiter, but has much less depth

Technically giving the Wither Storm enough power to destoy the "Minecraft World" would probably mean only the playable area for me. Until the Wither Storm would be capable of destroying blocks beyond the boundary. You can't even destroy them technically as they are fake chunks, meaning they are completely non-existent except for the visuals:

After X/Z ┬▒30,000,000, the world will start generating "fake chunks". Lighting does not function in fake chunks, appearing at level 15 constantly during the day, and 4 constantly during the night. Fake chunks are composed of a basic surface layer, and no foliage or buildings will generate. Naturally generated terrain structures like caves and ravines form as they would in real chunks, but they are devoid of all ores.

Fake chunks are non-solid; no blocks can be placed or removed, and players who enter them will fall into the Void.

The maximum possible altitude is at Y = 1.797x10308, the limit where mathematics break down in the game's code. If the player attempts to teleport beyond this limit, the game will disconnect the player with a Invalid move packet received client error. The only way to fix this is by moving a player back with an external program.

Also, wouldn't Steve with a potion of Resistance have a higher durability? Is there any way to quantify it? Plus he would probably have mid-low regen with a Regenerationn potion. This has probably already been discussed before, but I'm just bringing it up.

Like I said, the barrier is likely gameplay mechanic, so it shouldn't apply here.

Fake Chunks are 100% gameplay mechanics. Not even Story Mode hint at their existences.

Maximum altidute is also gameplay mechanic.

Well, I guess that makes sense, but isn't Story Mode just regular Minecraft with regular Minecraft physics? Fake chunks just imply that they are completely non-existent,

A Command Block is not going to mess around with the basic laws of the game itself. The WIther Storm probably still qualifies as a mob, so its existence at X/Z 30,000,000 would be completely impossible, correct?

Has the Wither Storm even destroyed Bedrock yet?

Also, was the Wither Storm going to actually destroy the "physical Minecraft world" or just make it uninhabitable like practically every movie statement of "It's going to destroy the world!" ever?

Dude, fake chunks, the border, and everything related to beyond 30 000 000 is Gameplay Mechanic. It isn't canon. Thus it shouldn't be counted. Simple as that.

Since its power source is a Command Block, who should be able to break bedrock, it pretty much is the same.

Even if it only rendered it uninhabitable, you're going to need to be High 3-A to do it to an infinite world.

My question has been answered, thank you Saikou.

Seemed right in my head, wrong on paper.

What about Steve's Resistance and Regen potions?

No problems.

Not sure what you mean by resistence. But I guess there are some abilities that needs to be added for potions.

Sorry bout the resistance, mistake on my part. It's not currently brewable, but it can be added as a property to a potion.

Due to changes in the brewing system, the following potions are currently not accessible:

• Potion of Haste
  • Potion of Dullness
  • Potion of Nausea
  • Potion of Blindness
  • Potion of Hunger
  • Potion of Decay
  • Potion of Resistance
Some potions also do not have a real name in minecraft (i.e. Potion of potion.healthBoost.postFix) and are currently not accessible

• Potion of potion.healthBoost.postFix
  • Potion of potion.absorption.postFix
  • Potion of potion.saturation.postFix
But Steve definitely needs Mid-Low regen and resistance/invulnerability to fire with Fire Resistance. I could also check his speed with a speed potion, by measuring how far he can run in a flat world with a base speed potion.

An Enchanted Golden Apple already has Resistance on it, you take 20% less damage from all sources, and you gain extra hearts through Absorption.

Well seems more like increased Stamina/Durability, so Statistics Amplifications for Resistence and Absorption. Fire Resistence for Fire Potion too seems fine. Although potions would be more like self-healing than Regenerationn.

Apologies for posting on this thread a bit early, but I have a few opinions on the Wither Storm topic:

The closest thing you have to the farlands in story mode is this (Which should be obvious already). So if everything beyond the X/Z 30,000,000 mark wouldn't be accounted to/as canon (As from Saikou's statement), then the story mode characters would get a speed downgrade

However, if your implication is that the distance to the farlands would be
that far, then I can easily understand. And the speed is scaled from the horses casually walking faster at mach 2.5, if I'm not mistaken.

And no, the Wither Storm cannot destroy bedrock as from this statement, possibly implying that the Wither Storm can only reduce the world down to a sheet of bedrock. But then again, what he said can possibly be a variant of figurative language.

Reading from the End poem, the 'infinite and flat statement' seems like the player's own perception of the world itself rather than the actual truth regarding the true size of the world. However, my statement may or may not be actually true, however. In poetry, writers often use 'infinite' to usually define 'as far as the eye can see' or 'incredibly large'. So the case could potentially be that the player perceives the world as a massive object than it would be an infinite plane. It also appears that person who claimed the world was flat and infinite was the person controlling the player, so this could imply what the person actually sees on the screen.

The end poem states that the player is on a planet of an unknown size, circling a su (If that were not obvious already.

Though, Minecraft can potentially keep its High 3-A ratings juding from this statement.

Story Mode treats the Far Land as canon, that much is true, but remember that the Far Lands doesn't limit the size of the world at all. They go on for thousands of block before the real "end" appears, and said end doesn't show up in Story Mode.

The Wither Storm statement was made before it even reached bedrock, and it's contradicted by the fact that Command Blocks can break Bedrock. Not that it matter for the rating.

The same could have been said for the Earth-Sun distance, being "infinite" simply because it was big. Considering the description of Earth and the solar system is realistc and precise, I really doubt they would use an hyperbole for describing Minecraft's world. Also, the statement was from the Entities, who are the universe itself, not the player.

I know this is an old thread and all but...

Could an infinite world even have a sky? You're even able to take away from it and add onto it (Crafting, Taking materials from the nether and end, and even taking materials from the base world and leaving them in the other dimensions) if it were truly infinite you could not take and add onto it, as the total amount would have to remain infinite

The statement of the Minecraft World being infinite is probably just a hyperbole

"World" can also mean universe, so they could've been referring to that instead of the planet itself

Not sure what you're on about. The total amount of things doesn't change, but that doesn't mean that the holes you made in would automatically be filled.

There is no reasons for it to be an hyperbole, when it's used in the same context as matter-of-fact statements. Two of them even then, saying the same thing.

There is still a sky, you can even see the sun and the moon in game

If the world is infinite in size within an ifinite sized universe, it would quite literally BE the universe

The world can be infinite in one direction (Well, two, left and right) but not be infinite in up and down.

The thing is that it's not a literal sun. The End Poem compares our sun (A giant ball of flaming gaz that is kilometers away from us) to Minecraft's sun (which is stated to be a literal white square in the sky).

Sorry for necroposting, but I'd like to know why going to the Farlands is Supersonic+.

If possible, is there a calculation of some sort to support this?

I probably should have made a calculation about it.

The farlands are like 30 millions meters away from the center of the map, and the trip took at most a few hours (What with the days in Minecraft being a few minutes)

I see.

A calculation would be good, since otherwise many people may think that the feat is iffy at best.

The Far Lands start to generate between ┬▒12,550,821 and ┬▒12,550,825 on any horizontal axis. So, 12.5 million meters in any direction. 30 million meters is the world barrier.

World of Minecraft is "flat and infinite". border/barrier is limited or not [doesn't matter] and farland size & beyond [doesn't matter]. Overworld is likely infinite, Farland and Border is gameplay limitation to PLAYER. we exclude the Barrier. Sun/Moon is difinitely a outside of 3D as 4D Star/Satellite object i assume it's infinite. while X is infinite and Y is limited. Y/Barrier/Border are only limitation to Player not Steve. Netherworld and Sky/End are another different 4D to Overworld 4D. Then the single world player is whole Small Multiverse (not infinite) and "Menu Screen" (canon/non-canon) is Hyperverse the location is 'Unknown'.With Mods or more than one Single World is Complex Multiverse due Player/Modder/GameMechanics can be edited.

Overworld,Nether,and End are 3D Infinite and different dimension. Sun and Moon are 4D objects cannot be affect other "single world" due different 4D. 4D beings able to affect 3D due to minecraft also "commands" manipulate both 3D and 4D (reason: can kill any living/non-living entities even 4D entities). why 4D beings affect freely 3D isn't Minecraft world is "Generated" are private world to 4D beings or Players while Steve/Alex can either access "Select World" and "Menu Screen". Crossover are different story. Creative mode is GODly power and cannot be controlled by mere low to high 3D/4D conceptual manipulation/information manipulation due Creative mode are made out of nothing the concept is incomprehensive to 3D or 4D beings except for Steve/Alex/Player and only different 4D's limitation of this power unlike beings from other verses. There is no Barrier between 3D and 4D in Minecraft world. 4D beings limitation to this Minecraft dimension are RULES/SETTINGS of minecraft(by Default,Canon,Non-Canon,and Fanmade) that cannot be affect(except Creative mode) and what origin/power are made of. Crossover and OC beings are recognize as "Player".

Overworld { dimension: 3D+4D(Sun/Moon), size: infinite, limit: farland/border}

Sun { dimension: 4D, size: infinite, object: Star}

Moon { dimension: 4D, size: infinite,object: Satellite}

Netherworld { dimension: 3D+4D(same as Overworld), size: infinite, limit:upper/void}

End/Sky { dimension: 3D+4D(same as Overworld), size: infinite, limit:upper/void}

Single World is { dimension: Multiverse, count: 3+ "4-D Universes"}

Select World is { dimension: Complex Multiverse, count: world files}

Menu Screen is { dimension: Hyperverse, count: default,mod,gameMechanics}

Back