• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Infinite Size Revision

This is My First Minecraft CRT so bear with me because there would be probably a lot of mistakes i made, starting from my own miss-translates and inconsistencies . This would only be small changes if this get accepted so lets go into it

High 3-A Removal
Basically, Minecraft itself does not have "Infinite Size" but is often considered Infinite due to several factors such as the following:

1.Because when creating a world, it shows that there is a choice of the type of world you want to create, one of which is the "Infinite" type. Here link
2.because the end poem states that the world has infinite size
3.Because notch already states Minecraft has Infinite Size

So, here's my argument:
1.The Infinite World Type menu is just a figurative name for the vast Minecraft map, so that players will not run out of space to build.
2.feats of "End Poem" cannot be used because its content is metaphorical and too exaggerated like poetry, even "Poem" from End Poem itself can be interpreted as poetry, the author who wrote it also said that End Poem contains a metaphor about how someone can immersed in playing games, and can't tell what's real and what's not

"JG: The word "dream" gets used, but it's really a story about the dream of a game, and the dream of life. It's dream as metaphor. I love the strangeness that comes when people get so lost in a game that the game becomes the world. Because you do get lost like that. Especially in something like Minecraft, that's so endless. You're actually startled to come back into your life at the end of it. So I wanted to play with that moment, where you're between two worlds, and for a short little period you're not sure which one is more real.

TC: Yes – and, as your story seems to suggest, the way in which we get lost in playing games is very much like the way we can get lost in the stories we tell about our own lives. I'm fascinated by this relationship between games and stories, because it always seems to come back to the tension between a pre-written story you're being told, and the story you're making up yourself in real time as you play a game."

3.There are three points about why the notch statement cannot be used.
[1] Notch is no longer reliable with Minecraft, even Jeb and Agnez who manage Minecraft changes themselves, a lot has changed after Notch has no control over Minecraft itself, therefore Infinite Larger world is Outdated
[2] The notch statement is contradictory because what he said was very different from the game engine, where it was impossible to load Infinite Size into the engine alone, To load just a few chunks is already a bit heavy, let alone load Infinite Size.
[3] Just like before, where the notch statement regarding Infinite Size minecraft is only an allusion to the size of the Minecraft world that players will not run out of land to build.
Note that the Minecraft system doesn't regenerate chunks continuously, but rather there is a limit point.

Re-scale Size For Minecraft
Through teleportation, a youtuber has found the farthest coordinates that can be explored, namely 1.8e308, this is the maximum number that can be handled by java

The Minecraft world starts at coordinate 0 and expands to positive X and negative X, so the coordinates of -1.8e308 are also present, so the total length or diameter of the overworld is 3.6e308 Blocks, here's an illustration :
()
Proof if minecraft has a positive axis and a negative axis

We know that 1 block in Minecraft is equal to 1 Meter, so the diameter of the Minecraft world is 3.6e308, or 3.8e292 LY(Light Year) , meaning that the Minecraft World is 4.2e281x longer than the Observable Universe.
()

This is just the length/diameter, we haven't calculated the surface area or even the volume. To calculate the volume we must first find the height, where the highest limit/coordinate that can be achieved is 1.8e308, because Minecraft also has a Negative Y Axis so there is also -1 ,8e308, which means the total height of the Minecraft world is 3.6e308 too
SC : Antvenom ()

By entering the cubic volume formula, we can get the result for the Overworld size

V = 3.6e308×3.6e308×3.6e308
= 1.08e925 meters³

This means the Minecraft world is 2.7e844x bigger than the Observable Universe(our visible universe)

and we get the result : 2.7e844x above baseline 3-A

TL;DR
The size of the Minecraft world has 3 Options

Option 1: 3-A 2.7e844x above Baseline
Option 2: Atleast 5-A because it represents the earth or something(CMIIW)
Option 3: Unknown

"What is Minecraft cosmology?"
Cosmology from Minecraft should be Low 2-C - 2-C because it has 3 Dimensions, each dimensions has its own space-time where minecraft has a 3-dimensional space larger than the observable universe + has time (1-D)

the standard(irl) universe also contain around 99.9999999% of empty spaces though? why wouldnt that apply to Minecraft too
Because we actually have stars or matter in the furthest depths of space. Not the case with Minecraft. If you destroy the blocks, the sun, and the moon, you're done. You don't have to destroy the entire "universe" because... well, there's nothing on it for you to destroy.

Because we actually have stars or matter in the furthest depths of space. Not the case with Minecraft. If you destroy the blocks, the sun, and the moon, you're done. You don't have to destroy the entire "universe" because... well, there's nothing on it for you to destroy.
i see, so if the block height limit used instead, would this work?

i see, so if the block height limit used instead, would this work?
Yeah, a calc with the block height would give us an accurate approximation on the world's volume (since it's a rectangle and all), although we can just do ISL to calculate the destruction of the world including the sun (since the sun has to, obviously, be much further away from the world for it to be a light source).

Yeah, a calc with the block height would give us an accurate approximation on the world's volume (since it's a rectangle and all), although we can just do ISL to calculate the destruction of the world including the sun (since the sun has to, obviously, be much further away from the world for it to be a light source).
but, do you agree with this High 3-A downgrade?

Alright, I was playing Minecraft earlier and found 1 blocks that will help me for this argument
I mean... You also have to consider the fact that 99.999999% of the depth of the Minecraft world is nothing but a void.
void itself is not completely empty, but void itself has many "Air Blocks" that are in every place, the air block itself is really a block found in Void and Sky, so yeah...
you can see here

Bruuh. It still shocks me how people decided to ignore the only actual piece of lore this game has.

And usually it would be irrelivant, but this entire crt has Game Mechanics written all over it. What, now we calculating the size of the world by the point at which our PC crashes? Incredible. And this is after the denial of Creative mode key, because it wasn't canon. So, which one is it? Does this game still needs to follow some sort of canon, or are we writing profiles for sandbox?

Bruuh. It still shocks me how people decided to ignore the only actual piece of lore this game has.

And usually it would be irrelivant, but this entire crt has Game Mechanics written all over it. What, now we calculating the size of the world by the point at which our PC crashes? Incredible. And this is after the denial of Creative mode key, because it wasn't canon. So, which one is it? Does this game still needs to follow some sort of canon, or are we writing profiles for sandbox?
We're not ignoring anything.

We're just interpreting the poem as a poem. Taking a literature that's meant to be metaphorical at face value is asinine.

We're not ignoring anything.

We're just interpreting the poem as a poem. Taking a literature that's meant to be metaphorical at face value is asinine.
Whatever you say mate. This isn't even towards the ctr, but towards the stuff members, who'll inevitably show up.

I already told you, it is game mechanics. To calculate the size based on how much Java can handle is... as if I would be calcing speed based on how many frames studio animated.

However, I am interested how stuff will handle this one, since they tend to ignore minecraft lore in any way.

If we see the poem as a poem rather then literal. Then at bare minimum there should be a possible rating due to the alternative that it is meant to be taken as truth (a notion corroborated by Notch if im not mistaken)

I already told you, it is game mechanics. To calculate the size based on how much Java can handle is...
If the game keeps generating to that point, then it should be that big. It's very simple.
as if I would be calcing speed based on how many frames studio animated.
People do that, we do that. 80% of the speed feats that use an anime timeframe rely on frames per second.

If we see the poem as a poem rather then literal. Then at bare minimum there should be a possible rating due to the alternative that it is meant to be taken as truth (a notion corroborated by Notch if im not mistaken)
It's not being interpreted as false, but not taken at face value. The alternative would rely on the fact that the text isn't a poem at all, so we interpret it as literally as possible. That's not worth of a "possibly" rating at all. It's not a 50/50 situation, a poem is by definition far more likely to be metaphorical by design. You can also tell the use of flowery language by just reading the end poem.

"[2] The notch statement is contradictory because what he said was very different from the game engine, where it was impossible to load Infinite Size into the engine alone, To load just a few chunks is already a bit heavy, let alone load Infinite Size."
And
"Note that the Minecraft system doesn't regenerate chunks continuously, but rather there is a limit point."

This is not a debunking of the world's size, though. You are blatantly striking on optimizations of the game and limitations of Java, like maximum numbers that can be contained within the programming language used for the game, what even is this CRT lmao.

Back