• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where do I start?

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Hey, I've been recently interested in reading about SCP Foundation's lore.

What do you guys think it's a good start?

Start anywhere honestly. If you really have a niche feel free to ask about whatever. If you'd like you could also join the wiki's SCP Discord server.

Glad to know that it doesn't matter where do I start at, because I'd have no idea of it.

I'll let you know about that if I get genuinely baited by this. Most likely.

Some casual ones to have fun with: 073, 076, 096, 035, 049, 343, 3004, 173, and all of the 001s (there are multiple for secretive purposes). These should at least get the ball rolling

Ehhh... I don't recommend starting with the 001s. They're usually for those accustomed to SCP lore and workings due to their esoteric classifications and mostly subversive articles. Hell, leave the Ouroboros Cycle alone until you're well accustomed to most of the popular SCPs.

Do you think the Gate Guardian would be okay to suggest as a starter? I found that one to be relevatively simple

I guess that's ok. You must also understand that the status quo for SCP articles change over time. series 1 articles are tame compared to some of the mind boggling and straight up galaxy brain articles of series 5. Likewise, more recent 001 artcles are very much different and more complex when compared to earlier 001 articles like Gate Guardian when you realize 001 originally started as Foundation origin SCPs. Now 001's can be anything of greater importance than the rest of the mainlist.

I just read 962 and I also read 173 some years ago.

There's another one which number I don't remember tho.

I'm motly interested in the narrative of SCP, that's why I asked for something simple to start with.

The Calaca said:
I just read 962 and I also read 173 some years ago.
There's another one which number I don't remember tho.

I'm motly interested in the narrative of SCP, that's why I asked for something simple to start with.
There are some SCP "interviews" I could link here from YouTube that are kind of helpful to dip your toe in the water, so to speak

There isn't really a singular narrative to SCP. I started by reading all the series 1 articles before I branched out to other things like Are We Cool Yet? and Church of the Broken God. Mind you, it would be best to always keep in mind that SCP is an active community. One day you think you've read everything, you blink, and there's tons more to read.

If you want to skip a bulk of the process, there are tons of dudes on YouTube who would happily read SCP stuff for you. My personal favourite are SCPreadings and TheVolgun.

Just click on the random SCP button the wiki and roll from there via the tags on the SCP ig

I first tried reading through every SCP in order (bad idea). Now I just read SCPs that pique my interest. Canon hubs can end up having references to other SCPs in them that you can check out if they sound interesting, but also have good continuous narratives without needing to go through all those links. Some personal favourites of mine are Murphy Law, Antimemetics DiVision, and Resurrection. The few Are We Cool Yet? pages I've read have been pretty fun.

You may also want to read the Heritage Collectio pages, especially if you want to jump into the Resurrection hub. Antimemetics just needs you to read SCP-055, Murphy Law just needs you to read SCP-423, and I don't think AWCY? has any required reading.

I recommend the SCP Archives, a podcast that makes audio forms of the SCP wiki pages. It's very high quality, and it's really good.

I started with the 682 stuff. It's actually pretty good if you don't delve into extended canon.

Back