• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where can i find the some of the old discussions debunking lightspeed Naruto/Madara etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't discard Relativistic feats because their not close to light speed. We discard them because

1. Those calcs make wild assumptions in sizes and distances when the size of things in Naruto range very frequently.

2. Those calcs us other calcs which is calc stacking that leads to inflated results.

This is from what I've have heard.

@Griffin

But Guy did not have any kind of Calc Stacking and etc, and he usually remains denied being Relativistic for some reason, even though physics articles explain his deed and yet he is commonly said to be an "unquantifiable feat."

I do not remember so well anymore, but I think that the guidebook was considered unreliable, the feat was too much of an outlier, and it was uncertain if it was aim dodging. There were likely other reasons as well though.

@Ant can't remember the reason Guy's feat was dubbed Unquantafiable but if we want of physics Guy would be the fastest because neither Madara or Kaguya or anyone else bends space while moving but their suppose to be faster than him.

Anyway, there is a revision for the Naruto verse going on so we will see what kind of speed feats they have.

I thought that we were talking about Naruto dodging Madara's beam?

My bad I was referring to what MostPowerful said.

Madara's beam happened differently in the anime then it did in the manga iirc. Plus we don't have any feats on that level and the feats that come up are using calc staking. Also the light fang doesn't even act like light from what I remember, all we have is a statement which isn't enough.

Like I said though we will see what feats the revision holds

The lightspeed feats are Madara's light fang, Guy's bending space, and the relativistic or somewhere there, Toneri's mooncutter.

The first was possibly lightspeed in attack speed, but it won't matter since Naruto reacted to Madara swinging his head and by extension, the fully extended beam, instead of dodging the beam itself accelerating towards him.

The second is unquantified as it could be that Guy was accelerating to lightspeed, and thus having infinite energy and momentum and therefore upon hitting anything, even air, would transfer infinite amounts of energy and momentum creating an infinite amount of explosions or something, but that would break physics and we don't know what would happen then. I'm no science guy though so take that with a grain of salt.

The last, scene cuts. That's all.

@Griffin

Yes, just that would give at least a PowerScalling in Reaction to Naruto and others, since Madara reacted to Guy.

And this review is taking a long time ...

@Gemmysaur

Could you send me the article about that? As far as I know, any matter that accelerates near the Speed of Light could distort space-time, as stated in the thread article posted above.

That is, Guy would not necessarily need to be at LS. that in case, it would be necessary for him to create infinite amounts of energy. Since he did not do that, all we know is that he was close to LS, for being able to distort space-time...

Well Gwynbleiddd is the one doing the revision and he is going through the entire manga so it will take some time, he is already at the beginning of the War Arc in Shippuden.

Wait, whaaa?! I know Gwyn was doing the revisions but I didn't know he was researching the entire manga. I thought he was just revising calcs. I suggest we upgrade Gwyn to 3A cuz that's pretty impressive.

People say that the light-fang feat is an outlier however, Naruto gaining his six paths abilities and jumping from large island level to likely small planet level is arguably a bigger gap than jumping from having massively hypersonic reactions to lightspeed reactions.

Yes Madara did swing his head but we don't know what happened in the moments before he swung his head. We don't know if the reason why Madara swung his head is because Naruto dodged it or not.

Light-fang, is storm release which entails mixing lightning and water-based chakra to create an energy beam.

Storm release is then combined with sage chakra which in turn amps the speed and cutting power of the Lightning fused technique.

The attack is also concentrated into a little beam which in turn boosts the speed of the attack even further as it cuts the air and does not have much friction dragging it back.

In other words if you do not go by what is stated in the databook light-fang is just a super amped lightning speed attack.

The problem is we do not know how much the sage energy speed up Madara's attack.

Yes, and this is all derived from lightning, the only thing implying Light Fang moves anywhere near the speed of light is its name, and we have strict rules about both not taking names of techniques at face value and not treating all beams/lasers as lightspeed without substantial evidence to back it up.

KuuIchigo said:
He just did. Lmao.
No he did not debunk that the feat does not move at the speed of light. He just listed rules about the fallacy of naming techniques and the lack of evidence.

Just because there is no evidence to back up the speed of the technique either than the statement in the data book, does not mean that the technique does not move at that speed.

There is no way of knowing how fast the technique was moving either than what was stated in the databook

The fact that the only evidence that it moves at Lightspeed is the name used in the guidebook means it cant be considered lightspeed, at best we treat it as moving at the speed of lightning.

WeeklyBattles said:
The fact that the only evidence that it moves at Lightspeed is the name used in the guidebook means it cant be considered lightspeed, at best we treat it as moving at the speed of lightning.
The technique is compressed into a small beam which in turn is less likely to be affected by friction in the air and is enhanced by sage chakra.

It's enhanced lightning because in the manga afterwards we already see Madara shooting a different lightning technique out of his hand.

We just do not know how much the lightning was amped speed wise. It could be a lightspeed technique or just a super enhanced lightning technique we will never know.

But I agree there is no evidence to prove it is otherwise.

Since the questions have been answered, perhaps we should close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back