• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's the abilities of remembering memory which are erased?

As the title says.

In Pokemon Horizon, part of Liko's memories are erased, but she meets her friends and restores the erased memories. What's the abilities of this?

I don't think it is a resistance to memory manipulation because Liko is affected by the expected effect of the memory erasure.

Following.

In Boruto (anime), something similar happens where a character erases Boruto's memories but he regains them by accidentally retracing the steps he took prior, with specific items that were related to that character, helping him restore his memory again.

On his profile it's currently accepted as Limited Resistance, but I'm not sure if that's correct, cause as you said, he was affected by the memory jutsu.

In Pokemon Horizon, part of Liko's memories are erased, but she meets her friends and restores the erased memories. What's the abilities of this?

I don't think it is a resistance to memory manipulation because Liko is affected by the expected effect of the memory erasure.
Is a Resistence nonetheless.

Memory Regeneration or something.
Although VS Battles Wiki does not have "Memory Regeneration" thing, it is more accurate.
Is a Resistence nonetheless.
On his profile it's currently accepted as Limited Resistance, but I'm not sure if that's correct, cause as you said, he was affected by the memory jutsu.
Resistance is the power to withstand the effects of certain abilities through varying means.
And Liko does not withstand the effects of the memory-erasing effect (the effects are within the villains expected) though she still feels that something is forgotten (and her memory is restored after seeing her friends AKA Power of Friendship). After all, Regeneration =/ Resistance to Death. But since there is another similar example in this, it is tricky.

"Although VS Battles Wiki does not have "Memory Regeneration" thing, it is more accurate."

We actually do have Mind Regen (and I mean only the Mind), it was demeaned for example if someone got their mind and soul destroyed, but later they came back just fine without help, Soul Regen and Mind Regen could be added in the profile, but be specified for only the Mind and Soul only (not the body). Context of course is important as it could be limited resistance or Ad resistance. Though in this case it just some memories rather than there whole mind, so I'm not sure.

We actually do have Mind Regen (and I mean only the Mind), it was demeaned for example if someone got their mind and soul destroyed, but later they came back just fine without help, Soul Regen and Mind Regen could be added in the profile, but be specified for only the Mind and Soul only (not the body). Context of course is important as it could be limited resistance or Ad resistance. Though in this case it just some memories rather than there whole mind, so I'm not sure.
That's kinda the thing. The wiki doesn't exactly have either of those things under that definition or even a subsection of that under our article for Regeneration. -sigh- Hopefully ImmortalDread doesn't mind me accounting for that.

That's kinda the thing. The wiki doesn't exactly have either of those things under that definition or even a subsection of that under our article for Regeneration. -sigh- Hopefully ImmortalDread doesn't mind me accounting for that.
The Regen of memories, Idk, but Mind and Soul definitely is, and any weird concept deletion you managed to Regen it back without having the body destroyed.

"If a character can only regenerate damage to their soul but not their body, their page would explain that they have soul-specific regeneration and list no type. Similarly, if a character can regenerate their concept but not their body, their page would list them as having regeneration with an explanation that it is concept-specific and has no type."

The Regen of memories, Idk, but Mind and Soul definitely is, and any weird concept deletion you managed to Regen it back without having the body destroyed.

"If a character can only regenerate damage to their soul but not their body, their page would explain that they have soul-specific regeneration and list no type. Similarly, if a character can regenerate their concept but not their body, their page would list them as having regeneration with an explanation that it is concept-specific and has no type."
Hang on. The Restoration page has something on this: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Restoration

Immaterial Restoration: It is the aspect of this ability that delves into the intangible aspects of existence, allowing users to mend emotional wounds, restore damaged relationships, and even rejuvenate weary souls.

The case here should just be limited resistance. The character was affected but not as thoroughly as a normal person would have been, eventually negating the effects on them.

Also supporting this is that according to the OP, it happened with a trigger of reuniting with her friends.

The case here should just be limited resistance. The character was affected but not as thoroughly as a normal person would have been, eventually negating the effects on them.

Also supporting this is that according to the OP, it happened with a trigger of reuniting with her friends.
If the character only got partially effected they would've gotten only half of the section of memories deleted, that was suppose to be intended.

How are you going to negate the effects of something that already just deleted it and succeeded, it's not like there's something blocking her memories that she would've been able to nullify (the thing blocking her memories)

How are you going to negate the effects of something that already just deleted it and succeeded, it's not like there's something blocking her memories that she would've been able to nullify (the thing blocking her memories)
Exactly. Resistances are essentially what you get when the effects of an ability are either reduced or nullified. The OP did not imply either.

If the character only got partially effected they would've gotten only half of the section of memories deleted, that was suppose to be intended.

Resistance (especially limited) can mean being affected, but to a lesser extent than the full effect of an ability. In this case she was simply able to recover her memories after some time and with an outside trigger rather than displaying any particular power to restore things.
I feel like there's an excess of focus here on my use of the word negate when it was simply used to bring attention that effects that were meant to stay, instead disappeared after some time. Something that presumably should have been permanent. And, in the off-chance that it wasn't meant to be permanent then she shouldn't get anything from this because it would simply be the ability wearing off.

That could work if the character used restoration on itself to get there memories back, but if the character did nothing and neither did anyone else he just got his memories back slowly, but surely or rather quick, it might not count as that.
Then it is unknown. "Did nothing", but get an ability? If there is an implication that they restored their memory by manipulating something, then it is restoration or memory manipulation.

Then it is unknown. "Did nothing", but get an ability? If there is an implication that they restored their memory by manipulating something, then it is restoration or memory manipulation.
My wording of did "nothing" was more it worked passively (Flashlight is the one that brought of restoration)

For the OP (Based on the OP) the character got it's memories successfully erased (the intented part of it) and got it back as soon as it as some characters that had to do with something about that memory.

Then it is not an ability... there are some patients who lost their memories for 20 years and they get them back magically.

Then it is not an ability... there are some patients who lost their memories for 20 years and they get them back magically.
Isn't that biological though? In real life a person getting there memories magically back just means it was stored somewhere deep inside?

Back