• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"What the hell is he? He's like the embodiment of unfairness. There's no way... I'll let myself lose to someone with 1 ATK and 1 DEF!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garou trying to block or deflect any of Sans' attacks, including Gaster Blasters, would only result in SOUL hax. All of his Magic attacks have soul hax.

And even if Garou did deflect them(no proof he can), Sans would just teleport with his MUCH quicker acting thought-based teleportation and telekinesis pin.

Are we sure sans' magic would even harm himself anyway? People like Undyne are capable of holding onto their own magic without being damaged by it.

Garou trying to block or deflect any of Sans' attacks, including Gaster Blasters, would only result in SOUL hax. All of his Magic attacks have soul hax.

And even if Garou did deflect them(no proof he can), Sans would just teleport with his MUCH quicker acting thought-based teleportation and telekinesis pin.
Garou can block gaster blasters or deflect them at Sans (wich might one-shot since glass cannon) pretty easy "with portals'

Garou doing that would just result in Sans dispelling the Blaster before it hit him cause it's his own Magic-

I sayed he wouldn't try to deflect a big energy beam (wich is what they do), he'd just dodge or deflect with portals. Bones are a possibility since no prior knowledge tho.
He spawned them in four directions of his opponent. Can garou do north east south west at the same time?

He spawned them in four directions of his opponent. Can garou do north east south west at the same time?
26.jpeg

Yeah

Still, how the fight goes depends on how we interpret Sans fighting.
If we use the game behaviour like i'm debating he would then it's likely incon, due to lack of prior knowledge for Garou.
If we use Azontr's proposal he can just hold Garou completely still and spawn bones directly inside him, wich would end in a stomp 10/10 for Sans

Using the game's behavior takes less precedence than his logical IC fighting style, but, I'll let people decide ig.

I mean if we go by game behavior then Garou wins but if we go by a logical IC fighting style is a stomp so idk which one takes priority here

Still, how the fight goes depends on how we interpret Sans fighting.
If we use the game behaviour like i'm debating he would then it's likely incon, due to lack of prior knowledge for Garou.
If we use Azontr's proposal he can just hold Garou completely still and spawn bones directly inside him, wich would end in a stomp 10/10 for Sans
Goodness, I know that I said this with Sans' match against Frieza, but really... It is extremely jaw-dropping that Sans has a chance to edge out a stomp victory / incon against GAROU of all people.

Don't we pretty much treat the turn based stuff as (mostly) game mechanics? we shouldn't use his game behavior when we dont use his turn based system that makes up his game behavior.

Goodness, I know that I said this with Sans' match against Frieza, but really... It is extremely jaw-dropping that Sans has a chance to edge out a stomp victory / incon against GAROU of all people.
I don't think he edges out a win here since Garou has many ways to beat him without much issue if we assume he fights like he does in the game.

Though he does stomp if he just TK pins down and bones so idk, Undertale/Deltarune fans should have figured this out beforehand

Don't we pretty much treat the turn based stuff as (mostly) game mechanics? we shouldn't use his game behavior when we dont use his turn based system that makes up his game behavior.
Turn-based shit is game mechanics, yeah. I personally don't think we should use his game behavior as his IC fighting strategy.

Again Frisk uses her soul to fight and that's why Sans specifically attacks her soul there.
Do we just assume that he does that against people who don't fight using their soul?

Again Frisk uses her soul to fight and that's why Sans specifically attacks her soul there.
Do we just assume that he does that against people who don't fight using their soul?
Magic in general target the soul. Sans doesn't make the conscious choice to target or not target one's soul, it's just how Magic operates.

The soul stuff in Undertale is weird because it always seemed to me that Frisk is actually physically dodging attacks and their SOUL is just the avatar we use in combat

Unless Frisk in universe is actually just moving their SOUL/Heart in a box to dodge attacks.

Magic in general target the soul. Sans doesn't make the conscious choice to target or not target one's soul, it's just how Magic operates.
I don't think you understand.
Anyway in hindsight Garou definitely wins if he can use portals to escape the grasp, teleport behind Sans and light em up.

If Undertale was a true turn based game yes. Weirdly enough only Frisk's turn acts as proper rpg character combat, while monster's turns act like bullet hell minigames. Sans is the only monster who's seemingly aware of this and abuses 4th wall breaking and game mechanics to get around the "human fighting style", wich is hard to translate to a setting outside of that.

Wait, do you think that it specifically targets souls because it works on people who "fight" with their soul?

Wait, do you think that it specifically targets souls because it works on people who "fight" with their soul?
No? Lol. It literally does both physical and Soul damage to both monsters and humans, one of which doesn't fight specifically with their soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back