• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What I consider a question for a whole genre of Gaming...

Something was bugging me for so long; but nobody wants to talk about it at any real aspect of what I'm referring to.

THE DEATH SYMBOL.

No, not Saitama's Death Hax or whatever the crap he can do.

I was only able to find this symbol in the Fighting Game Genre. & Only from two characters. In spite if this; this deserve some kind of mention as even though this usually applies to Japanese Calibur Fighters (Sorry, Street Fighter fans; Kage (SFV Arcade Edition), much less Oni does not apply to this madness; at all.), This symbol doesn't have any relevance to even JP Kanji, much less its Chinese Descendance; it... Just seems more like an ancient glyph than w/ actual JP Lore.

This is what I found for the kill:

Chipp Zanuff's OHKO Pre-Overture

Chipp Zanuff Xrd-Era OHKO Pre-GUILTY GEAR

& to think, Kamui-dono's use of that symbol is the most Blatant.

After all that, I'm starting to wonder if this is entirely worth it. After all, I am an aspiring Indie Game Creator myself, & I'd like to show even this era of gaming even Ps5/Xbox Scarlett platforms can do 2D Visuals better than what we give credit where it's due.

But all that said & done, What do you think the DEATH Symbol really is? & do you know if there is an origin to this?

Thoughts? & sorry for the Anti-Switch crap; I had to remove (Most of it.), to prevent any opposing opinion that's untrue. DX

BUMP!
Damn. I completely forgot this existed. Well, if I did say Video Games are a Genre, I OBVIOUSLY didn't mean it that way; hell, of course I know it's a kind of medium. Looking back at the OP Title, I seriously meant "For all genres of Gaming"; as in all Fighting Games, for instance, heck even JRPGs while I'm at the sport.

BUT. I wasn't asking for that. I'm actually just asking what that Glyph even is; So I might as well show you all:

Talk about a DEATH BADGE
So, now you are familiar w/ my thoughts on what the Equivalent of a Dark-Type Gym Leader's Badge (Oi, Pokémon Company, GAME FREAK, somebody, just mention something about SWORD & SHIELD that might Entice me to something that still sucks... D'X); potentially the 8th & Last of some Kind (Enough w/ them's Dragons! We didn't even have one Dark Type Gym Leader ever...).

But, yeah. The image I put up should show the means about what the symbol I showcased is called. That's ALL I'm Asking. I'll be elsewhere in case the means are NOT enough; after all, there is a reason Chipp Zanuff is a Tag here...

Yeah, I also apologize for those terms put there; I obviously meant this when this Kanji is shown; or is it not Hax?: 死. & yes, eve the Anime had this on a couple occasions; but that is NOT important in the slightest. I just shown the image in question on my previous post. I'll post it again if nobody is paying attention...

Talk about a DEATH BADGE

BUMP!
Maybe Chipp Zanuff's OHKO during "The Final Blow!" brings a hint?

Chipp creates a Pentagram w/ Kage Bunshin no Jutsu/Shadow Clone Jutsu to boot, & the same symbol one-shots Holy Order SoL "Farrokh Bulsara" Badguy

It's sad the very Original didn't have a more spectacular Murder on Pre-Xrd Potemkin, but it did give some hint of The Japanese Oni (Correct me if I'm wrong w/ the Exact JP Folklore Oni-Type.) forseeing what Chipp could do later on...

While several Instant Kill attempts failed, Ol' Millia Rage (When she was good; which was Pre-Xrd.) finally tasted true defeat by the symbol I'm reiterating AGAIN.

Overall; the entire History of Guilty Gear; besides Overture, of course, Chipp Zanuff would not only be my favorite Fictional USA President, but an all-out badass MF with a personality changed for the worst as of Xrd. If Chipp "Chipp for Signature Badass Fragile Speedster of the Fighting Game Genre!" Zanuff taught us anything; Onis... America at a worse crisis than before... even Daisuke Ishiwatari exemplified a symbol that was so well known for Chipp, & so few others were brave enough to copy it, I have a letter to write to the GUILTY GEAR Mastermind Himself. Why I wanted to know of that Symbol & what it is entirely, how even I want GUILTY GEAR X BLAZBLUE, & how I just want Testament; GUILTY GEAR's Resident Trap Setter whose love was stolen deplorably by Ky Kiske; & I just wanted Testament to get his REVENGEANCE. Permanently.

So, like I said before, I'm reiterating the same image AGAIN; hopefull a compilation of Chipp should help on this...

Talk about a DEATH BADGE
If it weren't for the Delta Ending Ninja; who despite rejecting American Heritage, is now a Political Figure. You kick ass.

If I did say I am a Supporter for GUILTY GEAR; Remember, The franchise was at it's prime even before SEGA bought it inexplicably against TEAM RED's Wishes.

But, damn, that was long; longer than I planned... Sorry.

Back