• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimension Tiering Question for a thing I'm working on

Chariot190

Day 132 of working on MGS
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Bronze Supporter
Relevant to something I'm cobbling together, but I ain't a dimensional mf and the FAQ is convoluted as all hell.

Ok so basically, in this story we have these dudes that use wormholes to move anywhere, at any time, they look like men and basically slowly track and show up in pictures, and then a target's peripheral till they're right in front of you, before which they're revealed to be Black Holes (they're like slenderman on crack basically, or some SCP shit), gravity, event horizon, light can not escape, infinitely dense singularity points, etc, the whole of it and the fact they're "men" is actually just an illusion.

But it goes further, these "men" are just "bait", lures, if you will, used by some Higher Dimensional Monster that exists within the 4th to 10th dimension or beyond.
To be exact, it was likened to if the 3rd dimension was a plane of water, the men/black holes bait, and the monster the fisherman.

My question is, how do we want to rate the monster? Do we go "Unknown", or like "At least low 2-C (Exists in a higher dimension or whatever), possibly up to High 1-C (Stated to exist within one of the 10 or more dimensions theorized by String Theory)

Here's some excerpts
“...In other words, you contacted me so you could get more information about the Spaghetti
Man?”
“Yes. You’re his only surviving witness, after all.”
“Then you must have a lot you want to ask me about. Don’t tell me you want me to keep my
mouth shut...”
“Of course not,” Gabriel quickly reassured him. “You’ve already given us some very valuable
information that would be hard to come by otherwise. Your account could be what saves other
victims’ lives in the future. We’d of course be happy to compensate you for your time.”
“Is that why you’re paying $500,000 for this sketch?”
“That’s how much we consider your testimony and sketch to be worth. They may prove valuable
in our efforts to identify the man.”
[REDACTED] perked up at those words. “You know about what he really is?”
“We’ve only got a guess at the moment.” Gabriel was clearly beating around the bush. It
seemed less that he was trying to hide the truth, and more that he feared [REDACTED] would be in
danger if he knew.
“I don’t care about the $500,000. I want you to tell me what you know. Who the hell is the
Spaghetti Man?”
They stared each other down. Finally, as if he was admitting defeat, Gabriel looked down.
“Do you know about the superstring theory of cosmology?”
“That’s the theory that particles aren’t dots, but more like strings... right?”
“Correct,” Gabriel replied. “When this hypothesis was made, it was concluded that over 10
dimensions would be necessary for superstring theory to be true. The person who’s controlling
these Spaghetti Men resides within one of these ten or more dimensions. As we’re limited to the
third dimension, our search for this mastermind is incredibly restricted. We’ve been using these
beings we call the Spaghetti Men to help us reach that being.”

The information hit him like a brick. Believe it or not, [REDACTED] was willing to admit that he simply
didn’t understand this at all. But if there were black holes that looked like humans, the idea of a
monster residing in a higher dimension didn’t seem so far-fetched.
“That’s one hell of a story.”

“Sounds like a theory straight off of that forum, doesn’t it?”
“I guess so.”
“All of those posts were made with information we leaked. Those users have practically become
our partners in this investigation, so we help them out from time to time.”
It sounded to him like Gabriel and the others in the paranormal investigations department had
thrust their work on these hapless people when they had other cases to attend to.
“But why would this monster in a higher dimension, or whatever is, bother to show itself to
people like us?”
“We don’t know what it wants. We don’t even know if it has the presence of mind to understand
us. Still, it’s a fact that it’s been using its own puppets to spirit away humans. In reality, the
Spaghetti Man is the mouth of a wormhole known as the Naked Singularity. Its human
appearance is nothing but a gravity-warping illusion, a kind of lure serving to pull humans in.”
“A lure...” [REDACTED] finally understood. That was why the page had said “B A I T”. The man was
bait.
Comparing the monster to a fisherman, the third dimension would be like the water it fishes
from. The wormhole is the line it sends out, and the bait on the end of the hook is the Spaghetti

Man. But instead of catching fish, the monster catches humans.
“So what you’re saying is that the Spaghetti Men are nothing but the bait the monster uses to
catch us. If I didn’t make that narrow escape, I would have been pulled away to another
dimension... Is that right?”
“Yes,” Gabriel said. “Your survival can only be described as a miracle.”
“...You look like you have something else you want to say.”
“My job here is to gather information to determine the identity of the Spaghetti Man... but there’s
something I’d like to share with you personally.” Gabriel looked into [REDACTED]’s eyes, his
expression sincere.
“I want to warn you, [REDACTED]-sensei. I understand that you want to make your next work about
the Spaghetti Man, but that cannot happen. You’ve already barely escaped him once. Doing
anything else to bring attention to him would be a death sentence.”
There's a bit more to it but that's the big "oh, huh" exposition for the higher D dude.
I do want to point out though, "when it says "pulls human in", the humans in question very, very, blatantly ******* die, After all, it IS a black hole, objects undergo spaghettification, (hence the name), objects splitter, get compressed, uses gravity so strong that light can't escape the event horizon, etc, and [REDACTED] was pulled toward the event horizon for just a moment and was nearly torn apart meaning idk what the **** the monster is doing with what could only be described as stray human particles but the fact we dont know is half the point.

Anyway, for the black hole dudes, giving that a tier would be easy, they have feats, explanations and descriptions, they're legitimately infinitely compressed, yet small, singularity points created by the higher D entity as just a means of bait for the 3rd dimension that can appear anywhere, at any time (wormhole fuckery to even appear in the past and presumably future) and exist throughout all of space and time, but it's the higher D ****** idk what to list, do we give him a tier for the dimensions he resides within based on string theory? Unknown? Merely scale him off what have been described as merely automated bait that don't even think.

If more elaboration is needed, on him or the bait, I can do so if it exists.

Last edited:
You would have to go into more detail about these dimensions and demonstrate that there is qualitative superiority.

You would have to go into more detail about these dimensions and demonstrate that there is qualitative superiority.
They just name drop superstring theory and explain what it is (in OP) at the end and say the men (which are actually naked singularities) merely exist as lures used by some Higher D entity and say this monster exists within one of the higher dimensions proposed within string theory (So 4D, up to 10D (though the dude says 10 or more))
The entity itself though treats infinitely dense singularities that he can spawn throughout all of space and time as mere bait and something akin to just an automated script it created to lure in humans, tho so he's got some shit going on at least if it can seemingly effortlessly create and spread effectively an infinite amount of black holes through space and time, at any place and any where.
i dont do dimensional shit tho beyond DC and Beyond and they just go with blatant R>F shit, how do we usually treat super string theory in regards to scaling

They just name drop superstring theory and explain what it is (in OP) at the end and say the men (which are actually naked singularities) merely exist as lures used by some Higher D entity and say this monster exists within one of the higher dimensions proposed within string theory (So 4D, up to 10D (though the dude says 10 or more))
The entity itself though treats infinitely dense singularities that he can spawn throughout all of space and time as mere bait and something akin to just an automated script it created to lure in humans, tho so he's got some shit going on at least if it can seemingly effortlessly create and spread effectively an infinite amount of black holes through space and time, at any place and any where.
i dont do dimensional shit tho beyond DC and Beyond and they just go with blatant R>F shit, how do we usually treat super string theory in regards to scaling
it would be High 1C

This is some Jojo level weirdness. If I may, when are you going to reveal what this mysterious verse is?

This is some Jojo level weirdness. If I may, when are you going to reveal what this mysterious verse is?
After I get honest unbiased answers to avoid potential wanking or downplaying of the things in question as it's a pretty popular verse, just a niche spinoff
this doesnt mean it's jojo tho before you ask

it would be High 1C
Would it? I ask because I know sometimes just existing in a higher plane doesn't always grant AP and wacky stuff, but I see people all the time throw around string theory and shit on the forum as means to grant stats, and they explicitly point out string theory, how this entity exists within it and a few other hypothetical shit, so Im wondering if there's something special about string theory that grants that funny meme numbers by default.

Would it? I ask because I know sometimes just existing in a higher plane doesn't always grant AP and wacky stuff, but I see people all the time throw around string theory and shit on the forum as means to grant stats, and they explicitly point out string theory, how this entity exists within it and a few other hypothetical shit, so Im wondering if there's something special about string theory that grants that funny meme numbers by default.
The usual way String Theory grants H1-C is based off of the idea of Large Extra Dimensions, where essentially lower dimensions are embedded in a higher dimensional structure, or bulk, or whatever. When throwing it around, you need to specify that the higher dimensions work like that. Since, IIRC, the original theory came up with the idea that the extra dimensions are simply curled in on themselves, which doesn’t grant anything.

Yeah ngl I don't do string theory. But to be exact, they specifically say superstring theory, which from my understanding is a more in-depth and encompassing variant of the original so idk if that'd change anything.

They just say superstring theory exists, dots and particles are actually long lines, there must exist 10 or more dimensions for it to be true, and the lad exists within one of the higher dimensions and uses wormholes, black holes and other stuff. And it basically has an automated AI script of sorts of naked singularity black holes running throughout all of time and space in the 3rd dimension to hunt down humans who learn of its existence.

And then basically compare the 3rd dimension to a fluid, and blackholes as a finishing line and the entity as the fishermen who is above the water casting his line down into it, but that's just basic analogy and isn't meant to be literal at all, just a way to describe the situation on how it uses "bait".

For the verse in question though, alternate dimensions and other dimensions are very, very common, from alternate universes, unique pocket dimensions and more, and they are not what's being discussed in this context.

It’s more or less the same thing I said, since the higher dimensions could be compacted into manifolds too small to be observed. That said, that possibility doesn’t grant anything from what I am aware of.

To me, this seems most likely as the singularity of a black hole is where matter is compressed to an infinitely tiny point, with space and time breaking down. So it would explain all of the space-time shenanigans, along with the whole “bait” analogy. Is there any more clarification on how these alternate universes work?

The idea of needing to fish people seem a bit weird. Is there a reason why they can't just go to humans directly?

The idea of needing to fish people seem a bit weird. Is there a reason why they can't just go to humans directly?
Fishing is a metaphor.
And idk, no real reason given.
It just uses naked singularities to catch "humans", and the dude makes an analogy with a fisherman, but the analogy is less about the act of fishing, and more how the human appearance the black holes have is "bait" like a fishing lure.

They don't even know why it "catches" humans or if it's even intelligent (the "bait" seems to be automated, so it's probably something like how someone would have a computer script running in the background so they don't need to do anything themselves, but it's implied that despite surviving the bait, if he drew the attention of the big dude he would condemn himself).

String theory doesn't have R>f though, know? But either way, mentions of String Theory isn't enough, and the fiction itself has to mention a qualitative difference.

Fishing is a metaphor.
And idk, no real reason given.
It just uses naked singularities to catch "humans", and the dude makes an analogy with a fisherman, but the analogy is less about the act of fishing, and more how the human appearance the black holes have is "bait" like a fishing lure.

They don't even know why it "catches" humans or if it's even intelligent (the "bait" seems to be automated, so it's probably something like how someone would have a computer script running in the background so they don't need to do anything themselves, but it's implied that despite surviving the bait, if he drew the attention of the big dude he would condemn himself).
I think it's a bit too vague if they don't know much about the entity

Back