• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What happens to an Isekai Protagonist at the end of their Journey?

I know that most mainstream Isekais are ongoing so they haven't concluded their story yet, but for the unknown ones or more obscure ones, how do they usually end their series? Does the main character go back to real life? Do they live and die in their Isekai world? Etc Etc

I know that most mainstream Isekais are ongoing so they haven't concluded their story yet, but for the unknown ones or more obscure ones, how do they usually end their series? Does the main character go back to real life? Do they live and die in their Isekai world? Etc Etc
TenSura WN ended, basically, Rimuru saved himself before he was isekai'd, so, the Rimuru before being Rimuru is now one of countless rimuru parallel body

at least this is how I got it

i assume is okey for spoilers to be posted since this is asking about the ending of isekai

mushoku tensei: the MC lives his life with his family and dies peacefully of old age

thats about the only Isekai i know that go full on into what happens after the main plot/story

Like his real life family? (idk if he has one in the isekai i've only watched the first season)
his name is rudeus

after his reincarnation he made a name for himself, grew up and married his 3 childhood friends, got kids, grandkids and great grandkids, if i remember right he died of old age at like 90 something, he never went to his old world.

That's interesting.

I think the only Isekai I've ever seen the conclusion of was SAO, though I guess Kirito's still going through different games and what not, but yeah.

Me contemplating the end of Re Zero in 2031

hqdefault.jpg

If Subaru stays his parents will forever keep searching for their son who they probably think committed suicide due to depression, and they won't have any closure.

If he goes back to his world, he leaves behind the people he has grown closed to, and has saved from psychological breakdowns, don't wanna imagine what that would do to their psyche.

Anyway on to other series i can think of, Ruphas from AWLBA leaves Midgard to live on the moon, due to her power being too much of a threat, she knew she wasn't suited to rule in peacetime, however the whole going back to her "own" world is a can of worms, that would be too long to explain here, lets just say she was never from Earth, but Migard, and at the end leaves Migard, though occasionally strolls around.

If Subaru stays his parents will forever keep searching for their son who they probably think committed suicide due to depression, and they won't have any closure.

If he goes back to his world, he leaves behind the people he has grown closed to, and has saved from psychological breakdowns, don't wanna imagine what that would do to their psyche.
I really am interested about the ending of re zero.

Like of course I want there to be a happy, good ending for everyone but he can't live in both worlds 😭

Shield Hero WN Ending:
Naofumi and Raphtalia become gods and each split in three parts i.e. Fragments. One fragment of each is a normal human and continue Naofumi's regular life in his original world together. One fragment of each become halfway regular adventurers in the world Naofumi reincarnated as. There they life happily in a largely self-governed village populated by all the friends they made along the way. The third fragment of each stays as gods and travel the multiverse to travel gods that abuse their powers to bring suffering upon worlds. Eventually, once the regular human and adventurer versions of each die of old age they reunify with the god versions.

100 Cheat Skill Ending:
After saving the universe Karuna just continues living his wish fulfilment life as OP Mofo together with his party of female creatures.

Last edited:
Back