• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What does transduality even do

Transcend two dual concepts I believe. Is what allow a fictional character comes out/in from the tv/book at will (fiction/reality); most powerful amortals have, making them virtually impossible to kill (life/death); etc.

It allows you to both not "be" and not "not be" something. Violating the excluded middle principle.

For combat purposes it should make you invulnerable to manipulation of a specific concept on a certain scale.

Dvorak1902 said:
It allows you to both not "be" and not "not be" something. Violating the excluded middle principle.
For combat purposes it should make you invulnerable to manipulation of a specific concept on a certain scale.
And for Type 2?

Type 2 is most often just being transdual to a concept which comprises all others at a certain level.

What I don't understand is how a 1-A with Type 2 isn't automatically Type 3.

If being above a dichtomy grants you inulnerability to manipulation of that dichtomy, does type 2 give you invulnerability to all the dichtomies that you transcend (basically anything that isn't higher-D or above your level of reality)?

MYHERO said:
Probably just outdated pages...
I mean, I understand the idea that Type 3 trascends the concept of duality itself while Type 2 doesn't. But it might be the case that said Type 3 is actually part of another duality from the perspective of an even higher being. So I just think it's hard to prove and often just translates to "1-A with Type 2".

@Yobo. Yeah, that should be it. At least that's how I see it.

To start with one has to differentiate between non-duality and transduality.

What non-duality does is entirely verse dependend and usually unknown.

Transduality is non-duality + transcendence over the dual things you are non-dual at. So its known effect is basically just the transcendence... in whichever way they transcend it.

So its basically a fancy way to be some composite hierachy level above something.

Or at least that's my take on it.

I think that Non-duality its just another name for the power (I known cuz I commented that to Ant long ago).

MYHERO said:
@DontTalkDT Uh...can I get a tl;dr for that one?
Non-duality = It depends on what the verse says it does.

Transduality = Non-duality + Transcendence = It depends on what the verse says it does, plus what we usually say transcendence does.

Antoniofer said:
I think that Non-duality its just another name for the power (I known cuz I commented that to Ant long ago).
There was a long CRT regarding this and IIRC the end result was, after lots of disagreement and debate, a compromise that the powers aren't the same.

That's why the transduality page reads: "Transduality is the state of being wherein an entity exists independently of, and qualitatively beyond, various dual systems, ranging from very specific, limited sets of dual distinctions to duality itself on a conceptual level."

In essence I didn't agree with the notion that non-duality is op (grants qualitative superiority), so after lots of debate it was agreed that we simply define transduality as the op part of non-duality. (Or I think that was how it went... too lazy to look it up)

Then again, the thread wasn't as much about the distinction of the words as it was about what transduality should do.

I was just taking that from DT's post since I'm not very familiar on transduality myself...

But I think it's transcend like in a dimensional fashion. A 5-D that's transdual over the concept of life/death would still be affected by 20-D death manip, but would be immune to most 5-D death manip.

In the conceptual fashion. Transcend dimensions is basically transcend the concept of space (and maybe time).

These questions are getting awfully specific for someone who doesn't know anything about the topic to answer, so I'll let someone else answer.

Agnaa said:
These questions are getting awfully specific for someone who doesn't know anything about the topic to answer, so I'll let someone else answer.
Sorry my bad.

Lemongifted101 said:
It is hard to answer but for easily I will make an example for you.
You are above two things

good and bad ligjt and darkness etc
"Noun" , they have something more , transdualism will make you invulnerable to dual concept which you have trans

i think its just resistance to all attacks made by beings on a lower dimensional level than you

or

just immune to all attacks that aren't at a conceptual level

Back