• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Transduality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benimōru

He/Him
What is the benefit of Transduality (Type 3)? And how exactly does it different from Type 2 in terms of benefit?

type 3 exceeds duality as a whole, type 2 has immunity to specific dualities
I already know what is needed to gain Type 2 and Type 3. Dualities, truth states, etc. What I want to know is the benefit of it. What kind of resistance it provides etc.

Last edited:
type 3 exceeds duality as a whole, type 2 has immunity to specific dualities
No, type 2 simply transcends all dualities.
Type 3 requires truth states + transcend all dualities.
I will explain this by giving an example from a character
Lets check "Root"
"Ryougi is a Liangyi that divides, being in-between and contains both Yin and Yang"
In first bold text, if we say A and B for Yin and Yang, neither A nor B would be true since that thing is between them.
For the 2nd one, it will be both A and B because it contains both of them.
"There is the Taiji, which is a nonduality state of oneness that contains and transcends previous states"
The next state of truth will be as follows
"Cannot be defined as: A, B, simultaneously A and B, neither A nor B."
And then we have something that transcends all previous truth states.
"The Primordial Chaos is similar to the Taiji, where the Imaginary Number Space is opposite to its. The Root contains and transcends all previous states, and any possible description or definition one could try giving is immediately separated into its own idea unrelated to 「 」"
And thus fits the last mentioned description on the page "and not be in any of the 4 combinations of true and false mentioned earlier."
Yeah well that's it.

So Type 2 makes you immune to all haxes in the verse while Type 3 does the same and also leaves your opponent in need of an interaction/negation feat to win?

Also thanks for the replys 🙏

Last edited:
So Type 2 makes you immune to all haxes in the verse while Type 3 does the same and also leaves you in need of an interaction/negation feat to win?

Also thanks for the replys 🙏
Definitely to interact with type 3, your opponent must have achieved such a feat, or he must have type 3. (not counting Smurfs)
Since type 2 is transcendent of all dualities, it will transcend all the abilities shown to us in his own verse, yes.

Definitely to interact with type 3, your opponent must have achieved such a feat, or he must have type 3. (not counting Smurfs)
Since type 2 is transcendent of all dualities, it will transcend all the abilities shown to us in his own verse, yes.
Alrighty, thanks for the answer 🙏

This Q&A can be closed then, since I got the answer that I was looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back