• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What does transduality even do

Zenkaibattery1 said:
I asked DonTalk in his message wall
He said it gives what the verse describes it as.
i doubt that because the formless yin yang that wu kong possess for his future profile would have something like this

┬À Further, by the same token, perhaps we can consider this same concept of infinite combinations of Yin and Yang to be applied to the macrocosm as well. Here Yin and Yang could exist in infinite combinations of collective combinations; of matter, of planets, of worlds, of celestial bodies, of universes, of dimensions, etc.

Uniasha said:
i think its just resistance to all attacks made by beings on a lower dimensional level than you

or

just immune to all attacks that aren't at a conceptual level
This makes sense ƒæì

It does nothing.

Okay, it doesn't do nothing. It makes you immune to the power of duality. So if a character is trying to use Duality against a transdual character, nothing will happen. But how many characters specifically use the concept of duality as an attack?

I would also say, if they are said to transcend a certain duality, like Life and Death, then they would be immune to attacks based in life and death.

The idea that it makes you resistance to all attacks, or immune to attacks at a conceptual level, is just conjecture and based on what exactly? If transduality gives a character these extra powers in-story, they should be listed as seperate powers. They shouldn't be applied to any Tom that's said to be transdual.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
It does nothing.

Okay, it doesn't do nothing. It makes you immune to the power of duality. So if a character is trying to use Duality against a transdual character, nothing will happen. But how many characters specifically use the concept of duality as an attack? This is a good point ƒæì I would also say, if they are said to transcend a certain duality, like Life and Death, then they would be immune to attacks based in life and death.

The idea that it makes you resistance to all attacks, or immune to attacks at a conceptual level, is just conjecture and based on what exactly? If transduality gives a character these extra powers in-story, they should be listed as seperate powers. They shouldn't be applied to any Tom that's said to be transdual.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
It does nothing.
Okay, it doesn't do nothing. It makes you immune to the power of duality. So if a character is trying to use Duality against a transdual character, nothing will happen. But how many characters specifically use the concept of duality as an attack?

I would also say, if they are said to transcend a certain duality, like Life and Death, then they would be immune to attacks based in life and death.

having transduality pretty much gives a pseudo-resistance against any attacks of that certain duality

Wait so for ex I have trans duality of Life and death, someone death hax. Cannot affect me because it am beyond and superior to this dual distinction?

RicardoSama said:
Wait so for ex I have trans duality of Life and death, someone death hax. Cannot affect me because it am beyond and superior to this dual distinction?
I would say, you are immune up to the level of the death hax, shown in-story.

Transdualism and being transendent over all dualities means that any Truth value cannot truly be applied to you. Using the Daoist model, once you are either Transdual or Non-Dual you cannot even be named, as your named-self isn't the true you.

By being (Truly) Non-Dual you are outside of being inflicted dual concepts. For example, harmed and healed are a duality, a Non-Dual being wouldn't have either "value" (Let's say harmed is 1 and healed is 0), if a none non-dual being attacked such a person, their attacks would do nothing to them, as the attack is within the binary which the Non-dual being is outside of.

As for Transdual, it just depends on what logic system your using, as it can change the outcome, for example, you can have paraconsistent logic, or fuzzy logic or Many-Valued Logic which change the way the Transdual being functions.

Udlmaster said:
Transdualism and being transendent over all dualities means that any Truth value cannot truly be applied to you. Using the Daoist model, once you are either Transdual or Non-Dual you cannot even be named, as your named-self isn't the true you.
By being (Truly) Non-Dual you are outside of being inflicted dual concepts. For example, harmed and healed are a duality, a Non-Dual being wouldn't have either "value" (Let's say harmed is 1 and healed is 0), if a none non-dual being attacked such a person, their attacks would do nothing to them, as the attack is within the binary which the Non-dual being is outside of.

As for Transdual, it just depends on what logic system your using, as it can change the outcome, for example, you can have paraconsistent logic, or fuzzy logic or Many-Valued Logic which change the way the Transdual being functions.
this ability is kind of broken

You can't assign daoist or mathematical principles to characters and abilities that don't subscribe to them, though.

So while that may be so for the character in their story, you can't apply that to third party. In one verse, water and fire are duals, but in this verse, they're just independent things.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
You can't assign daoist or mathematical principles to characters and abilities that don't subscribe to them, though.
So while that may be so for the character in their story, you can't apply that to third party. In one verse, water and fire are duals, but in this verse, they're just independent things.
the ones that he said are for the characters that is from si you ji(journey to the west)

Iamunanimousinthat said:
The Daoist model isn't me saying:

"Fire, Water, Earth, Metal and Wood are the 5 pieces of Yin and Yang"

I'm talking about their logic behind Transdualism, in fact, Daoism is where we get Transdualism all together.

Udlmaster said:
Iamunanimousinthat said:

I'm talking about their logic behind Transdualism, in fact, Daoism is where we get Transdualism all together.
but if transdualism involves yin aand yang it has another ability

Uniasha said:
Udlmaster said:
Iamunanimousinthat said:

Yin and Yang aren't literal things, they're representations of complimentary dualities, with Tai-Yin and Tai-Yang representing Ultimate Dualism.

Involving Yin and Yang involves all Dualities inherently.

For example, if I involves Yin I involve all negative dualities (0s) and if I only involve Yang, then I involve all positive Dualities (1s), these make up all dualities, 1 and 0, binary.

Udlmaster said:
Uniasha said:
Udlmaster said:
Iamunanimousinthat said:

Yin and Yang aren't literal things, they're representations of complimentary dualities, with Tai-Yin and Tai-Yang representing Ultimate Dualism.
Involving Yin and Yang involves all Dualities inherently.

For example, if I involves Yin I involve all negative dualities (0s) and if I only involve Yang, then I involve all positive Dualities (1s), these make up all dualities, 1 and 0, binary.
yeah but if you are only yin or only yang you would cease to exist because yang won't exist without yin and yin won't exist without yang

Uniasha said:
yeah but if you are only yin or only yang you would cease to exist because yang won't exist without yin and yin won't exist without yang
Not really. Yin and Yang are separate "things". When Tai-Yin and Tai-Yang come together, they create Taiji.

Destroying the one side of all dualities would leave them all as single unities, despite what anime and TV says, they don't need each other to exist, just to keep the balance set by the Three Pure Ones.

Udlmaster said:
Uniasha said:
Not really. Yin and Yang are separate "things". When Tai-Yin and Tai-Yang come together, they create Taiji.
Destroying the one side of all dualities would leave them all as single unities, despite what anime and TV says, they don't need each other to exist, just to keep the balance set by the Three Pure Ones.
are you sure they would not need each other to exist?

Back