• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What does "blow away" or "blow off" a mountain in one attack mean in terms of calcs?

It shouldn't just be fragmentation right? I mean we're talking about making a mountain blown away with an explosion.

It shouldn't just be fragmentation, correct, one could go the KE route for this.

Problem is, you need timeframe to get the speed for KE.

It shouldn't just be fragmentation, correct, one could go the KE route for this.

Problem is, you need timeframe to get the speed for KE.
what if i don't? Can i assume some speed? 1 second? 5 seconds? 10? 30?

what if i don't? Can i assume some speed? 1 second? 5 seconds? 10? 30?
Usually, you can't assume any timeframe unless you know the situation and the intensity of the event. And even then, chances are it could be inaccurate.

Gigalith blows it away, not blows it up. It should be moving, not fragmentation
Doesn't matter, you need a timeframe to latch onto to use KE.

Also I'm pretty sure a mountain being blown away would eventually be torn apart by the high-speed movement as is common with fiction. Not like the mountain would remain intact after this.

Doesn't matter, you need a timeframe to latch onto to use KE.

Also I'm pretty sure a mountain being blown away would eventually be torn apart by the high-speed movement as is common with fiction. Not like the mountain would remain intact after this.
i've seen your comment in the calc blog. What do you suggest we do then?

Back