• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

what are the possible uses of transduality?

To a character that possesses Type 4 Transduality, nothing about them is truly capable of being altered by outside influences. The very concept of outside influences is meaningless. Another character attempting to influence a character that possesses Type 4 in any fashion would more or less find their attempts meaningless, unless that character follows the same many-valued or non-classical logic.

Type 3 is much the same way. The character exists as a contradiction--I think Lorkha in his Aurbis key is a good example of this. Lorkhan was slain by the other Aedra, yet in contradiction to this fact, Lorkhan continues to influence Mundus directly and indirectly via his aspects (Lorkhaj/Shor/Shezzar) and his incarnations (Pelinal, TalOS, Wulfharth), as well as continues to exist as the Aurbis itself, the framework of "reality" that seperates Aetherius, Oblivion, Mundus, the plane(t)s, and Nirn from the Void of Sithis. Yet, at the same time, it's true that his body forms the two moons of Nirn, Masser and Secunda.

As for the first two, well, I'd hope that'd partially be self-explanatory. Let's consider someone with Type 1--they might transcend the concepts of, say, heat and cold, making them essentially immune/invulnerable to the applications of those concepts (such as Absolute Zero). Someone with Type 2, meanwhile, will also qualify for acausality type 1, and intangibility/non-corporeality due to transcending space and time.

A Stoned Orc said:
To a character that possesses Type 4 Transduality, nothing about them is truly capable of being altered by outside influences. The very concept of outside influences is meaningless. Another character attempting to influence a character that possesses Type 4 in any fashion would more or less find their attempts meaningless, unless that character follows the same many-valued or non-classical logic.
Type 3 is much the same way. The character exists as a contradiction--I think Lorkha in his Aurbis key is a good example of this. Lorkhan was slain by the other Aedra, yet in contradiction to this fact, Lorkhan continues to influence Mundus directly and indirectly via his aspects (Lorkhaj/Shor/Shezzar) and his incarnations (Pelinal, TalOS, Wulfharth), as well as continues to exist as the Aurbis itself, the framework of "reality" that seperates Aetherius, Oblivion, Mundus, the plane(t)s, and Nirn from the Void of Sithis. Yet, at the same time, it's true that his body forms the two moons of Nirn, Masser and Secunda.

As for the first two, well, I'd hope that'd partially be self-explanatory. Let's consider someone with Type 1--they might transcend the concepts of, say, heat and cold, making them essentially immune/invulnerable to the applications of those concepts (such as Absolute Zero). Someone with Type 2, meanwhile, will also qualify for acausality type 1, and intangibility/non-corporeality due to transcending space and time.
and what haxes can bypass type 2?

A Stoned Orc said:
A higher tier of hax, more or less.
and can conceptual haxes affect them even if they transcend all concepts but not the concept of duality itself

I mean, I dunno? lol.

As for the second question, yes, provided that those conceptual haxes are proven to be of a higher dimension than the being who transcends (almost) all concepts. in Sun Wukong's case, Low 1-C+ transcendent beings would still be capable of affecting Wukong with their hax, if I understand our system correctly.

A Stoned Orc said:
I mean, I dunno? lol.

As for the second question, yes, provided that those conceptual haxes are proven to be of a higher dimension than the being who transcends (almost) all concepts. in Sun Wukong's case, Low 1-C+ transcendent beings would still be capable of affecting Wukong with their hax, if I understand our system correctly.
what do you mean by transcendant beings?

Type 2 only applies to dichtonomies at a certain level of reality. Those above said level can still affect that Type 2 transdual with their hax.

Planck69 said:
Type 2 only applies to dichtonomies at a certain level of reality. Those above said level can still affect that Type 2 transdual with their hax.
dichtonomies?

Planck69 said:
dualities.
the formless yin and yang that wu kong can control represents all possible dualities or infinite dualities in reality

Bagua Yin Yang
Yin Yang and the eight trigrams

My best understanding of how Yin and Yang represents all form and all existence is through the Bagua (image above). In the Bagua, there are eight primary aspects of Yin and Yang combinations displayed to represent the universe. The number 8 representing infinity which is unending is also displayed in the Bagua representing an infinite amount of forms. In these eight primary combinations of Yin and Yang, all dualities exist as displayed in each trigram.

When the Chinese refer to a splitting off into 'ten thousand things', I understand this phrase to imply an infinite number of variations that the eight trigrams can divide into. Thus from each of the 8 possible primary combinations of Yin Yang trigrams, there exist infinite combinations of Yin and Yang fractalized within each trigram stemming from each primary combination.

Yeah, that's at most 2-A level Type 2 Transduality. Everything that is >2-A, e.g. High 2-A and Low 1-C and above, can still affect Type 2 with hax due to being a higher state of existence.

A Stoned Orc said:
Yeah, that's at most 2-A level Type 2 Transduality. Everything that is >2-A, e.g. High 2-A and Low 1-C and above, can still affect Type 2 with hax due to being a higher state of existence.
in terms of hax and transcendence need to be higher than this to defeat wu kong

because even sometone like strange visitor superman would lose to wu kong if he doesnt even have any hax or transcendence to defeat wu kong

Any Low 1-C would yeet with...virtually anything. Type 2 isn't useful above your dimensionality or plane of existence and in this case, it's looking more 2-A than anything.

and i found some more info

┬À Further, by the same token, perhaps we can consider this same concept of infinite combinations of Yin and Yang to be applied to the macrocosm as well. Here Yin and Yang could exist in infinite combinations of collective combinations; of matter, of planets, of worlds, of celestial bodies, of universes, of dimensions, etc.

The word "dimensions" on its own means nothing without further context that the dimensions are infinitely or qualitatively superior to each other. So that's just more Tier 2 stuff.

Planck69 said:
The word "dimensions" on its own means nothing without further context that the dimensions are infinitely or qualitatively superior to each other. So that's just more Tier 2 stuff.
but anyway founf all this info from a tai chi practitioner on a website so yeah there just isnt enough context to comfirm this statement

Planck69 said:
but i mean seriously this is the definition of yin yang at its finest

Back