• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WELL ANOTHER SHINZA DOWNGRADE? MAYBE NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
A direct statement calling something dimensional is pretty much that. The amount of mental gymnastics you are pulling to try to defend it only reminds me of coping mechanisms.
Oh right, providing context is using mental gymnastics. Let's just use the easier way and take stuff in a vacuum because its easier to grasp without much thinking.

You should chill and stop derailing because there hasn't been any
You are the one derailing here. The topic already ended yet you brought this back. But I'm kind of responsible to because you replied to me.
Didn't you say derailing is bad ? Honour your word.

Oh right, providing context is using mental gymnastics. Let's just use the easier way and take stuff in a vacuum because its easier to grasp without much thinking.
Mental gymnastics isn't context. Because an attack being called higher dimensional does not mean the attacker will perceive other objects like lower dimensional constructs. And it sure as hell wouldn't have anything to do when the object itself is called dimensional completely unrelated to the attack. The descriptions
of Soujirou's attack doesn't say that he sees concepts/laws/distance whatever as lower dimensional constructs. It states that he cuts them for what they are. Passing this mental gymnastics under the pretense of "context" is laughable.

You are the one derailing here. The topic already ended yet you brought this back. But I'm kind of responsible to because you replied to me.
Sure let's stop.

I don't want to get involved so I'm just going to say this now so this doesn't spread.

Just because something is called Dimensional does not mean we ignore the context of the Cosmology we are given and assume it can't be beyond High 1-B/Low 1-A/whatever, the Wiki's terminology is not absolute and is more a way to standardise what we refer to certain parts of a Verses Cosmology because of the varied amount of terms used within fiction which would make speaking about them in debates difficult without said standardised terminology.

Just as we don't assume things called Higher Dimensions automatically meet the standards for Tier 1, nor would we assume a Verse calling something a Outerverse would fit our 1-A standards, we do not assume anything called Dimensional can not be 1-A. Its not an anti-feat and does not meanwe ignore all other feats and context.

Basically names mean barely jack, it's feats and statements that really matter.

Basically names mean barely jack, it's feats and statements that really matter.
I agree with this. That's why I find the notion of defending usage of a word like "dimension" very meaningless. Hell, it's just because of how this wiki functions that the word "dimension" is given special weightage, otherwise you can make similar arguments for something being called "space" as well, or using any language that alludes to those ideas.

I agree with this. That's why I find the notion of defending usage of a word like "dimension" very meaningless. Hell, it's just because of how this wiki functions that the word "dimension" is given special weightage, otherwise you can make similar arguments for something being called "space" as well, or using any language that alludes to those ideas.
Could you give an example of where the wiki gives the word dimensions special weight? Not that I disagree with you, of course.

Not the Wiki, the users. As evidenced by every proposed upgrade to Tier 1 where dimensions are used (even when the context is referring to parallel Universes or poecket dimensions) without any additional context on what dimensions means.

Definitely agree with everything12 I feel like ppl see the word dimension and think
“super mega stronk”

Yeeeeaaaahhh... this thread was clearly half-baked. No translations, missing scans for some of the claims being made, and it's pretty clear that the OP doesn't even agree with the rating they're proposing. I know people want to keep this thread open, but I personally don't see the point of doing so when the OP openly admitted that they rushed the thread so that they could get it out before they have to leave, which is frankly a dumb thing to do. They should have just let the other people working on this revision continue their work while they're on leave so that those people can make something better thought out and structured.

Anyway, I'm not evaluating this. Wake me up when there's a better thread with everything sourced and properly translated.

Yeeeeaaaahhh... this thread was clearly half-baked. No translations,
You should check again
missing scans for some of the claims being made
Like?
, and it's pretty clear that the OP doesn't even agree with the rating they're proposing.
I agree with it, and I am.part of the people holding back the 1A upgrade
I know people want to keep this thread open, but I personally don't see the point of doing so when the OP openly admitted that they rushed the thread so that they could get it out before they have to leave, which is frankly a dumb thing to do.
No.it is not dumb it just means I have other things to do
They should have just let the other people working on this revision continue their work while they're on leave so that those people can make something better thought out and structured.
I am the only one working on it no one else especially after Yuri left
Anyway, I'm not evaluating this. Wake me up when there's a better thread with everything sourced and properly translated.
You replying when you have no constructive thing to say is dumb. And yes everything is sourced properly and translated
Show me a part that is not source

Yeeeeaaaahhh... this thread was clearly half-baked. No translations, missing scans for some of the claims being made, and it's pretty clear that the OP doesn't even agree with the rating they're proposing. I know people want to keep this thread open, but I personally don't see the point of doing so when the OP openly admitted that they rushed the thread so that they could get it out before they have to leave, which is frankly a dumb thing to do. They should have just let the other people working on this revision continue their work while they're on leave so that those people can make something better thought out and structured.
I...kind of have to agree. I think there needs to be more information than this in the OP tbh, and that whole note with 1A should honestly just be deleted. One's own personal opinion is honestly irrlevant when trying to put accurate information and ratings for the characters.

Likely the stuff with the Throne and possibly the other scans such as the ones about the singularity, simply putting a video that's in full Japanese can't suffice.

I agree with it, and I am.part of the people holding back the 1A upgrade
Then delete the note at the end of the revision, you can make another 1A revision later.

No.it is not dumb it just means I have other things to do
Then make this revision again some other time lol. We can all wait, that's fine. We'd rather wait for a month for a well-structured thread.

I am the only one working on it no one else especially after Yuri left
Yeah, no. There are quite a few people that have been working on gathering scans to make revisions lol.

You replying when you have no constructive thing to say is dumb. And yes everything is sourced properly and translated
Show me a part that is not source
There's quite a lot in the OP that isn't properly translated (this is coming from me who doesn't usually translate stuff, but we'll ignore that for now). I do think it's better to have translations or at least the text, so that people can translate it themselves.

Likely the stuff with the Throne and possibly the other scans such as the ones about the singularity, simply putting a video that's in full Japanese can't suffice.
The part that needs translation is right down.
Were you expecting me to translate 55 mins Japanese? And two 30mins plus videos? When catzlaflame or I is not getting paid.
Normally I should have just screenshot the part needed but I figured sending a video with time stamp is better than that
Then delete the note at the end of the revision, you can make another 1A revision later.
Did that already, before said this
Then make this revision again some other time lol. We can all wait, that's fine. We'd rather wait for a month for a well-structured thread.
This is structured enough if you have anything that you think is wrong attack it properly and say this is wrong cause this is this.
Yeah, no. There are quite a few people that have been working on gathering scans to make revisions lol.
Yeah 1A revisions that I personally don't agree with for now
There's quite a lot in the OP that isn't properly translated (this is coming from me who doesn't usually translate stuff, but we'll ignore that for now). I do think it's better to have translations or at least the text, so that people can translate it themselves.
Like what exactly is not translated?
Like literally check down I explained every scan I posted

ただし、底に達するまでの距離はまちまち。より強力な神格ほど、深い場所に座を設けているものだから、ものによっては何年経っても辿り着けないこともある。
Just something to talk about, but the translation for this one in the OP isn't actually accurate, it's saying that stronger gods have their Thrones in deeper "places", so they might not be reachable even after many years, which is why a hole being opened is required to reach them. Just a minor nitpick.

Just something to talk about, but the translation for this one in the OP isn't actually accurate, it's saying that stronger gods have their Thrones in deeper "places", so they might not be reachable even after many years, which is why a hole being opened is required to reach them. Just a minor nitpick.
Stop using google translate and use a Japanese dictionary

The part that needs translation is right down
Could you elaborate what you mean?

Did that already, before said this
Alright, cool

This is structured enough if you have anything that you think is wrong attack it properly and say this is wrong cause this is this.
Perhaps, but some of the translations are definitely machine translated, perhaps you should take it to the official translations thread.

Yeah 1A revisions that I personally don't agree with for now
I mean...you don't really know what their plans are to revise the verse, so I don't think you can really say that for now. Besides, many people have made Shinza revisions with myself and catzaflame being just 2 examples of them.

Like what exactly is not translated?
Like literally check down I explained every scan I posted
There are stuff, but I'll have to re-read the OP to find them.

However, the distance to reach the bottom varies. The more powerful the deity, the deeper the seat, so it may take years to reach the bottom, depending on the deity.

I wonder what the ******* difference is context wise.

If you have nothing constructive to say or add please find other things to do

However, the distance to reach the bottom varies. The more powerful the deity, the deeper the seat, so it may take years to reach the bottom, depending on the deity.

I wonder what the ******* difference is context wise.

If you have nothing constructive to say or add please find other things to do
Yes, one suggests that it just takes a long time to reach the Throne god, which is absolutely stupid, the other makes more logical sense with what we actually know.

This is the only thing that is worth noting, so read the OP and find them lets hash it out here
Bruh, this isn't some arena where we bash each other, we're supposed to make the profiles better and have civil conversations. Weren't you the same dude that said to keep things civil? Please practice what you preace.

Bruh, this isn't some arena where we bash each other, we're supposed to make the profiles better and have civil conversations. Weren't you the same dude that said to keep things civil? Please practice what you preace.
I practice what I preach but if you have nothing constructive to say like I already explained in the OP just skip on

In order to reach the Throne, the challenger may opt to drill through the Singularity using their laws , and without "strength" that matches or exceeds the "depth" of the Singularity, they will never succeed in doing so as it will be too deep. Such was the case of Tenma Yato's desperate struggle.

Having been described as a devoid of, space, time, concepts, laws and time "blank zone", the "place" has no dimensional properties at all. As such, this depth we talk about could very well be something metaphysical
This needs translation

Also a bit of a translation error here, but I genuinely couldn't care less about correcting it cause of how minor it is.

This needs translation

Also a bit of a translation error here, but I genuinely couldn't care less about correcting it cause of how minor it is.
Do you have anything against the proposed rating? Reasons why they should not be what is been proposed?

Do you have anything against the proposed rating? Reasons why they should not be what is been proposed?
I'm a bit against the at least 12D thing seeing as the barriers should technically still apply, and they'd just be higher into 1B.

The other thing I'd recommend is summarizing your argument for countless 1B after you put all the scans, that might help people, including myself as well, understand what your argument is

Referred to as bottom and centre depending on context and I also preferred bottom but yuri said centre in this context (main)
Pretty sure it's consistently the bottom as shown in the Mercurius scans as well, it being the center doesn't really make much sense when the singularity is nothing more than a tunnel or a portal to the Throne.

The Throne has been stated to be at the bottom of the Singularity both in Dies Irae and the stuffshown about Kajiri. When is it ever mentioned to be at the middle, and if this is some stuff about being the center of the Singularity I'm going to be annoyed.

Centre doesn't have to mean the middle, it can mean something like it's the root of it or that everything revolves around it (as in its the most important part)

This shows soujiro slashing the last wall, the video is talking about the way all gods can pierce into the singularity not just one. As no hadou God can replicate what soujiro did
The only mention of the singularity being breached in that section is Yakou sinking deeper and deeper and Soujirou cutting through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back