• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Weather makes a light that specifically tells your subconscious that they are a snail. And when your subsconscious says "Im a snail" your body becomes a snail.

Is that an attack? Hell no. Iihiko would only see a light.

He pays attention to it and is persuaded to think that he's a snail. Unless you wish to say that Iihiko can't comprehend people talking to him and is immune to being convinced via speech.

TacticalNuke002 said:
He pays attention to it and is persuaded to think that he's a snail. Unless you wish to say that Iihiko can't comprehend people talking to him and is immune to being convinced via speech.
If that were the case Joutou Kotobuki could have easily transformed him into a baby.

Iihiko hearing/seeing an attack and Iihiko recognizing something as an attack are 2 different things.

PaChi2 said:
If that were the case Joutou Kotobuki could have easily transformed him into a baby.

Iihiko hearing/seeing an attack and Iihiko recognizing something as an attack are 2 different things.
I don't think she actively tried and failed to do that, wouldn't it have just been PIS?

Why would it be PIS when it doesnt contradict anything? If the guy is unaware of being attacked he cant recognize the attack. Im repeating myself, but, he needs to recognize something as an attack. Someone or something telling him that he is a snail or convincing him that he is a snail is anything but an attack.

What you fail to realize is that Iihiko perceiving the attack (in this case, his mind telling him that he is a snail) and recognizing that as a threat to him are two separate things.

And for the attack to work the latter must happen. Which it wont.

PaChi2 said:
Why would it be PIS when it doesnt contradict anything? If the guy is unaware of being attacked he cant recognize the attack. Im repeating myself, but, he needs to recognize something as an attack. Someone or something telling him that he is a snail or convincing him that he is a snail is anything but an attack.
I'm not sure if that's what it means by "recognizing as an attack".

And styles were meant to work anyway since even if he wouldn't consider it an attack, words can still reach him.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Its not exactly an attack as long as Iihiko doesn't think of himself as a snail. But when he does, its too late.
No. That's not how it works. This guy can see you punching him and pay it no heed. His mind telling him that he is a snail would get the same result.

PaChi2 said:
No. That's not how it works. This guy can see you punching him and pay it no heed. His mind telling him that he is a snail would get the same result.
Actually, now that I think about it, either way that I look at it Iihiko should win.

Either he has to recognize it as an attack, which Heavy Weather doesn't cover as it only makes itself "recognized", not specifically as an attack. Or Heavy Weather has to square up against Iihiko's resistances, in which case he resists Mind Manip and Power Null, letting him resist Heavy Weather.

Changing my vote to Iihiko, but it's probably a stomp.

I'm not sure if that's what it means by "recognizing as an attack".

And styles were meant to work anyway since even if he wouldn't consider it an attack, words can still reach him.

Styles were designed to reach him, they force the "Im hurting you". That way, when attacking him, he'd recognize the attempt of hurting him as an attack. Say, Nienami tries slashing him:

1) Iihiko has something to perceive (the slash).

2) The slash can reach to him.

In this example iihiko has something to interpret as an attack. Heavy Weather is just light and rainbows. Weather Report would have to tell him that he is being attacked.

PaChi2 said:
Styles were designed to reach him. That way, when attacking him, he'd recognize the attempt of hurting him as an attack. Say, Nienami tries slashing him:

1) Iihiko has something to perceive (the slash).

2) The slash can reach to him.

In this example iihiko has something to interpret as an attack. Heavy Weather is just light and rainbows. Weather Report would have to tell him that he is being attacked.
This seems really NLF and would make Iihiko immune to everything that isn't higher-D or a few Medaka Box characters. I'm not comfortable applying this ability on explanation; I'd rather apply it on feats.

"This seems really NLF and would make Iihiko immune to everything that isn't higher-D or a few Medaka Box characters. I'm not comfortable applying this ability on explanation; I'd rather apply it on feats."

Friendly reminder that Iihiko has been banned from vs threads for long.

Also, its simply good power null. Specific power null.

PaChi2 said:
Friendly reminder that Iihiko has been banned from vs threads for long.

Also, its simply good power null. Specific power null.
He's been banned from vs threads because his only tiering was via scaling to Ajimu, who is banned from vs threads. He was unbanned because he got a tier.

It's not just "good power null" and it's certainly not "specific power null". There are only 5 characters on the wiki who can beat Iihiko without higher-D stuff using this interpretation, and they're all from Medaka Box.

"He's been banned from vs threads because his only tiering was via scaling to Ajimu, who is banned from vs threads. He was unbanned because he got a tier."

And because he was a walking NLF.

PaChi2 said:
And because he was a walking NLF.
Why is Superman allowed in threads if he H A S N O L I M I T S? Why isn't Gagamaru Chougasaki match banned, even though his ability's ripe for NLF?

Because we expect people in threads not to use the No-Limits Fallacy, and to judge characters based off of their feats.

"He was banned before because people kept using a fallacy" isn't an excuse to use a fallacy. Treat him based off of feats.

god ******* damnit

that was not a vote for Iihiko

i meant to say that this is a stomp because HW is passive and, judging from the rest of this thread, actually works

either way, either WR passively wins or literally can't do shit and Iihiko stomps

Also literally just resisting EE and Power Null is enough to nope Iihiko's entire schtick

there is no evidence of them being anything above baseline for either of those abilities afaik

Hl3 or bust said:
Also literally just resisting EE and Power Null is enough to nope Iihiko's entire schtick

there is no evidence of them being anything above baseline for either of those abilities afaik
^^^

Ihiko see's some snails and goes 'Ewww, I think I forgot to do the gardening' and 1 shots with a twig he finds on the ground.

Hl3 or bust said:
Nope. Underselling it a bit to much there.

Iihiko can "break" powers that resist nullification already, possibly even a layer up from that. He was unaffected by sealing/power null that works on beings who resist power null, because he ignored it. His defense trumped beings who bypass defensive hax already. His powers are by no means baseline.

He has subjective immunity listed under his notable techniques

Its not really power null because your power still works he just doesn't perceive it so it has no effect thus making him immune that's why I called it super ignorance

Its immunity because him not recognizing it makes him immune to it and it's already listed on his profile

He's not invulnerable though because if he recognizes something as an attack it will work on him so he's immune only to things he doesn't recognize thus subjective immunity

Its kind of invulnerability, but not really at the same time. We and Agnaa were debating if it was more resistances to a shit ton of stuff, because once he observes something it is basically just resistance with more steps at that point.

Invulnerability may be a better way to think of it tho

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Its kind of invulnerability, but not really at the same time. We and Agnaa were debating if it was more resistances to a shit ton of stuff, because once he observes something it is basically just resistance with more steps at that point.

Invulnerability may be a better way to think of it tho
It may be combination of multiple things [power null and invulnerability for example]

Yeah, because the way it's worded, it sounds like an attack of the same nature as an attack that didn't work on him would still work on him if he recognized it as an attack.

@Yobo @Dragon

Yeah, all of Iihiko's abilities mesh together into a powerful combo. Its hard to draw the line sometimes between where one power ends and another begins. Why are all the weapons he uses so potent? Partially because they all have absolute destruction. Why can he bypass defensive hax? Either by Irreversible Destruction or subjective immunity, or some combo of the 2. Why don't things that have effected him before effect him again? Because they are broken and he will never recognize them again.

Weather Report FRA

Despite his powers, I don't think he defends himself from light, which is all what's needed to force his brain to recognize Heavy Weather's ability.

Back