• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weapon Mastery

fictional cook uses knife to cut food

Scaler: weapon mastery

lololololololololo

Last edited:
Yeah... Weapon usage by itself shouldn't be a "power", especially when you can just assume a character has occasionally used a weapon if a weapon is in their Optional Equipment section

Honestly, i've always kind of thought that maybe having three "tiers" of it would be good. Like, Weapon Usage (Can use weapons ranging from just having it and being able to use it at a barebones level to using it at an average level), Weapon Proficiency (Is good enough to use weapons at an above average level), and Weapon Mastery (Extremely skilled with X).

Just a tangent, but I agree that weapon MASTERY shouldn't be for anyone who can pick up a pistol and pull the trigger nonetheless.

Honestly, i've always kind of thought that maybe having three "tiers" of it would be good. Like, Weapon Usage (Can use weapons ranging from just having it and being able to use it at a barebones level to using it at an average level), Weapon Proficiency (Is good enough to use weapons at an above average level), and Weapon Mastery (Extremely skilled with X).

Just a tangent, but I agree that weapon MASTERY shouldn't be for anyone who can pick up a pistol and pull the trigger nonetheless.
I actually agree with this heavily. This would be a very good way of separating characters level of mastery.

Personally I think WM as is is better than gatekeeping it from people who are just "above average" with weaponry, but I agree something like Weapon Prowess/Proficiency would help

This is why I proposed to change the page's name to just "Weapons", but it would take an immense amount of work even using bots.

I actually agree with this heavily. This would be a very good way of separating characters level of mastery.
Even if my suggestion makes sense, thinking about all the profiles that would need to be adjusted for this is insane lmao. And you can't even do it with bots, it has to be manually done by people as bots can't watch scans and judge people's skill level lmao

Either way lol. This revision plans to remove it from everyone who shouldn't have it. Same amount of work lol.

Maybe we should rename it to “Weapon Proficiency“ rather than ”Weapon Mastery”, to represent particular, trained skill - with criteria being that the individual needs to be trained and experienced in their weapon to do so.

I like how people are making a legitimate revision out of my shitpost.

I mean you're free to carry on. Just make a real thread on Content Revision when you come to a conclusion.

I know we're on Fun & Games, but I honestly want a thread on this already.

I think that your idea would still be the best way to handle it personally. We get more information across with it.

Last edited:
Personally the way I'd do it would be not renaming the actual power page, just adding a note to it that characters with a relatively unimpressive skill with their weapon should have the ability listed as Weapon Proficiency in their P&A. That way we don't have to change 10000 links, just reword some profiles, which can be done overtime

I wouldn't be renaming the power page itself, it would just have 3 different tiers/types/whatever term used for the levels of it listed on the page. I don't think Weapon Proficiency really fits for anything lower than above average considering its definition is "a high degree of competence or skill; expertise.".

My suggestion just requires people looking at the profiles themselves, judging what "tier" of skill they'd be in and just swapping the word Mastery for what fit better out of the other 2 options, which still works with what you said.

I agree. Even though Ovens trolled me by putting this in fun and games, which I didn't realize.

Having Weapon Mastery separated into tiers would help greatly in determining who's the most skilled character instead of me having to break my balls to find skill feats whenever someone asks lol.

Should this also be applied to Martial Arts?

Tbh what I do is just do shit like [[Weapon Mastery|Master Swordsmen]] (Reason here), [[Weapon Mastery|Blade Mastery]], [[Weapon Mastery|Proficient with axes]] (Here), [[Weapon Mastery|Above average skill with you get the point]].

I usually just specify the extent of the skill and the type of weapon it's with.

Added different category or tiers within weapon mastery would definitely help clarify many of the profiles. Since many of them don’t clarify the level of weapon mastery a character actually has.

i think many of the skill based abilities would benefit from something like this. Such as Steath Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, and Martial Arts.

Back