• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weakness for Ki users in DB (theory) spoilers for dragon ball super and z

do you think its possible that in Dragon ball series that there might be a possible weakness for Ki users retaining to their focus. Let me explain:
For moments like this
20210318_195326.jpg

And this
20210318_195535.jpg
20210318_195545.jpg
20210318_195615.jpg

And this
20210318_195906.jpg
20210318_195921.jpg

To happen is because ki users need to focus their energy around themselves to keeps themselves durable as like a means of defense and thats why you get awkward moments like Goku getting bruised by bullets and hurt by lasers from Frieza troops?

This is probably not a new theory, but it's been living in my head rent free for years and I wanted to share it with you guys to see what you think.

We already have "Their durability drops exponentially when distracted" listed under weaknesses, and it does have to do with Ki Control yes. Although, even those cases are often inconsistent and if it's too the level where bullets are a threat, I would just call it lazy writing.

We already have "Their durability drops exponentially when distracted" listed under weaknesses, and it does have to do with Ki Control yes. Although, even those cases are often inconsistent and if it's too the level where bullets are a threat, I would just call it lazy writing.
Oh okay, sorry. I'm an idiot

Nah, it's alright. No need to be hard on yourself. Nothing wrong with asking.

It's not an actual weakness but more of a calculated risk.

It's rather the fact that they actively alternatingly surpress and empower their body to conserve energy. They explosively increase their Ki when attacking and decrease when it isn't needed like when they are mid-movement.

Example :
1) Goku vs Recoome. When the Ginyu force used their Scouters, his power level reading was always at 5000. Ginyu and the others stated that he was only powering up when attacking.

2) The same thing happened when Trunks fought Frieza and co. He was smashing them at a supposed PL of 5.

3) When Piccolo was defeating Gero , he also explained how he focused his Ki to hurt him despite Gero's power radar telling him that Piccolo was weaker than him

The entire " your guard was down"- talk started at the same time as they started to surpress themselves whenever they are not attacking. Before that their power level was auto-locked.
This was indirectly proved when Krillin threw a Rock at a sleeping Goku thinking that it would smash upon hitting him but since Goku trained to actively depower as SSJ to conserve stamina it hurt him.

Edit: A better proof is that Early DBZ- Namek Saga where all the minor antagonists were confused because each of them were locked at their power level while the Z- Fighters could free manipulate their Ki level.

Also concerning the whole Kid Goku vs Bullet & DBS Goku vs Bullet stuff. Kid Goku didn't know how to surpress/depower himself, so he was kind of locked at a certain power level.
DBS Goku on the other hand actively surpressed himself below even Kid Goku level, so he won't kill the thugs....

Back