• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Onepiece DF users weakness

In chapter 1069, Vegapunk said after explaining about DF's power;
"..... But that unnatural status, is loathed by the sea, the mother of nature"
IMG_20230110_190049.jpg

By this conservation, DF's users weakness for water is because theyre hated/loathed by sea, not because they weakened themselves by the fruit.

Can this make their weakness about water(drowning, etc) is limited by their verse's water and sea or verses whose water and sea work like OnePiece's water and sea
(ex. Moana)?

Will give an example from a novel I read: In this novel (is called Death Mage btw) exist vampires, said vampired have a weakness to sunlight, said weakness is said to be because the god of light (an actual living entity in the story very important to the plot) hate them. Should we assume that the vampires of this verse would suddenly lose their sunlight weakness in a vs match? No, the same way that vampires from other verses don't lose their sunlight weakness despite have said weakness for the same motive (be hated by god, which I can assure is the same weakness origin for most vampires in fiction).

Will give an example from a novel I read: In this novel (is called Death Mage btw) exist vampires, said vampired have a weakness to sunlight, said weakness is said to be because the god of light (an actual living entity in the story very important to the plot) hate them. Should we assume that the vampires of this verse would suddenly lose their sunlight weakness in a vs match? No, the same way that vampires from other verses don't lose their sunlight weakness despite have said weakness for the same motive (be hated by god, which I can assure is the same weakness origin for most vampires in fiction).
Oh yeah, seems logic

But vampires commonly known to be weak againts sunlight and in this cases, human and other races arent known weak againts waters

Which is a theory made by him and therefore is not 100% viable
Vegapunk says that this is only his theory anyway, so it doesn't matter that much.

I think the theory is about DF powers are power from other humans from another dimensions

But i cant access english translation manga in mangaplus anymore because premium needed

And im sure the DF-users-hated-by-sea is repeatedly told in story and Vegapunk said it like DF powers are forced by human's greed and mother of nature, the sea, hate it

Oh yeah, seems logic

But vampires commonly known to be weak againts sunlight and in this cases, human and other races arent known weak againts waters
By the same logic DF users are also commonly know as weak against sea water, they have be know for that for more than 20 years. Also, in that same novel a lot of other races have weakness to things for the same reason (for example zombies are weak to silver) and we just aren't going to remove the weakness gor the same reason we don't remove the vampires weakness to sunlight.

At the end the popularity of a weakness isn't a reason to give or remove weakness from characters, if they have it they just have it.

Back