• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are allowing new content revision threads again

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

It has been almost 6 months since the partial wiki lockdown began. Now that the move is over and we have completed a couple of important projects and everybody has also received enough time to acclimatize to the new forum, we are going to lift the lockdown in question.

Initially, this means that content revision threads will be allowed again from this point onwards. However, given the very extended downtime, our members have stored up a large number of them, so we have to impose a few rules that will be in effect until things seem to sufficiently calm down, so our staff members are not overwhelmed by a sudden tidal wave of threads.

1) Only 1 content revision thread per verse is allowed at a given time. If you want to start a CRT, you need to first verify if there is already one in progress for the relevant verse, and wait for it to be completed before making another. If there are multiple ongoing CRTs for a verse, staff members should use their discretion regarding which threads that are most qualified to closed.

2) CRTs building on previous discussions in our old forum from May 11, 2020 and onwards should preferably link to the relevant archive.vn backups of them in the first posts.

See here for a list of the ones that we have backed up so far:

3) Please avoid starting any CRTs that might require site-wide revisions until things settle down.

Also, please keep in mind that for any threads that you create, you have to add the appropriate tags so that they can be easily found in the discussions. And for any revision to a page, always remember to mention the corresponding CRT link in the edit summary.

See the following pages for further information, and we strongly urge you to read them before going forward:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tags

In addition, the wiki will be opened up for editing by non-staff members very soon, but we need help from the higher ranked Fandom staff members in order to do so, especially as it has to be handled without errors, so there is going to be a bit of a delay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Question, if they are extremely minor CRTs that don't need much thought put into them, such as adding blatantly obvious abilities to certain characters, will they be allowed to be resolved, or will they be closed, as the OP suggests.

-We are allowing new content revision threads

FINALLY!

-Only 1 content revision per verse at a time

Welp... guess i better just rush mine in... its a big one tho for one verse... that safe for me to do?

Z5IvAi2.png

And thus the long awaited CRT War Arc begins. Get ready for the body count as many lives shall be lost and dreams crushed.

I know what it’s like to wait for CRTs. To feel so desperately you could make them, yet to have them closed nonetheless. Dread it, run from in destiny arrives all the same, and now it’s here. Or should I say This is...

Last edited:
Is it possible to follow the entire CTR subforum? Because golly do i want to witness these upcoming dumbster fires ovo

It's about time, but bitter sweet. Glad that Content Revisions are once again available. But agree site wide revisions should be avoided. Furthermore, if a verse is known to be heavily controversial and/or if it strongly conflicts with other plans or WIP site wide revisions, it should preferably be avoided until other matters get resolved.

Like for example, the first set of content revisions should preferably be focused on minor changes and/or regarding verses with little to no recognition. And most revisions involving Tier 2 and above related things also may fall into controversial category.

@DarkDragonMedeus

I don't think Tier 2 alone is controversial ever since the great profile locking was removed from them. I agree on Tier 1 and above though.

Finally, I can fix the lifting strength ratings for the Zelda profiles.

Glad it's being kept to 1 CRT at a time per verse, I can't imagine how hectic it would get if it wasn't.

@Crabwhale I mean, not all of them obviously. But, there are plenty of Low 2-C verses where people demand a downgrade to 3-A despite not looking at the context. And same vice versa. Not to mention, there are still works in progress of various 2-B to 2-A verses having plans to upgrade to Tier 1 based on WIP sources while others are somewhat impatient and what to downgrade it. I would put revisions related to Cosmic tiers on the save it for later list unless explicitly linear and/or it's for a verse nobody seems to really care about it too much.

Just a note that I just contacted the official Fandom staff about this, and it may take a few days until they open up the wiki for editing from everybody.

I think that's fine.

We're gonna have our hands full enough as is.

Massive thanks to Ant and everyone else who made this possible, when are regular users like me can edit pages again if you don't mind just curious ?

Last edited:
I eventually managed to properly explain the situation to a Fandom staff member. He will undo the unnecessary extra wiki security setting on Monday, to avoid that there are any problems during the weekend that he cannot fix at that time.

No problem. Thank you for the appreciation.

Back