• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of Heaven and Hell: The Most Skilled on the Wiki!

If Dante's main skill feats are based on unquantifiable bullshit then I'll promptly remove him from the list. I had assumed there was more to it than that, but I guess not.

Unless Tony has any objections/other feats to bring up that I'm unaware of.

Also how is dodging omnipresent attacks impressive whenever

1: Dante already has the speed required to dodge instantaneous attacks

2: Entirely dependent on the AoE of the attack, it's a light novel so we have no way of knowing the AoE of the attacks Dante dodged from Mundus.
1. He didn't at the time, the void is immeasurable too now since its obviously superior to Mundus and Sparda

2. Its a castle sized void that is literally attacking from everywhere with all manner of death.

If Dante's main skill feats are based on unquantifiable bullshit then I'll promptly remove him from the list. I had assumed there was more to it than that, but I guess not.

Unless Tony has any objections/other feats to bring up that I'm unaware of.
Yeet at will. I guess Kratos will take his spot when I manage to get the people to comment here.

Yeet at will. I guess Kratos will take his spot when I manage to get the people to comment here.
I'm actually surprised Kratos isn't here tbh so I look forward to it.

Sora will replace Dante, it seems. I'll change it when I get home.

Surprised no one brought up star wars characters at all for either fire arms, or swords. Not saying they'd get spots. Just Surprised they haven't gotten any notable mentions.

I sure am waiting for the reasonings for Kratos as his skills go more into more uh... standard departments AFAIK, especially if he'd compete with Sora.

Blades of Chaos are budget Twin Yo-Yos

Read the very first vote, it was literally "ikki's skill isn't skill it's hax i vote kojiro".
And why do you assume all the other votes followed this reasoning and not literally anything else.

That's also not an invalid reasoning so I don't understand you're point.

Surprised no one brought up star wars characters at all for either fire arms, or swords. Not saying they'd get spots. Just Surprised they haven't gotten any notable mentions.
Most of the best feats are straight bs. Revan can apparently analytically predict the path of entire wars on a galactic scale; Mace Windu straight up fights abusing fate hax; Luke defeated straight fate hax as well, through sheer plot convenience precognition. Stuff like that from Legends.

Edit: Oh yeah, Obi Wan blocked omnidirectional blaster fire from all possible angles by standing in place and rotating his lightsaber to form a spherical shield around himself.

Like, the best actual feats come from someone like General Grievous, who through actual tactical genius and skill can outfight jedi, commanding his armies masterfully to corner them, abusing ambushes and fear tactics to negate a jedis connection to the Force.

That's also not an invalid reasoning so I don't understand you're point.
That IS invalid reasoning. As the thread creator you decide what counts and doesn't count as skill/hax. If that was vote based that would mean that the fate guys could just come here, 30 of them vote that Kojiro's fate hax or whatever is raw skill and you'd just accept it.

So it's not up to the voter to decide what is and isn't valid as a skill feat, the voter only gets to vote on which is the more impressive side. The thread creator decides the rules of the thread, is my point a bit more clear now?

That IS invalid reasoning. As the thread creator you decide what counts and doesn't count as skill/hax. If that was vote based that would mean that the fate guys could just come here, 30 of them vote that Kojiro's fate hax or whatever is raw skill and you'd just accept it.

So it's not up to the voter to decide what is and isn't valid as a skill feat, the voter only gets to vote on which is the more impressive side. The thread creator decides the rules of the thread, is my point a bit more clear now?
I've laid out what's I consider to be skill pretty clearly in the OP, and even then, I leave it up to interpretation and keep it somewhat vague as to let people decide what is and isn't skill. I've laid out no real ironclad rules.

So like, if people think that something isn't skill, they are free to vote as such(even though that's not at all the only reasoning for Kojiro's win and you literally ignored part of my post like you always do), I have no ironclad skill rules, people are allowed to discuss and judge on their own merits.

Since there is nobody nominated for Axes, I will nominate Kikoru Shinomoya

Don't have much experience in skill debates but let me try to make a case for this blond-haired minor.
  • Experience
Kikoru, who was defined in her Character's Profile as "a young soldier growing rapidly," had been training since she was a child, maybe around the age of seven or older since she started training after the death of her mother and had made it a hobby of hers to slay kaiju. Kikoru strives to be the best in everything she does due to her father's pressure to be perfect for the sake of the nations and her deceased mother, from scoring the highest on the Tokyo Neutralization Middle School Entrance Exam to graduating as the youngest valedictorian at California Neutralization University after being admitted at the young age of 16 (and she is currently 17, so she graduated from university in just one year)

Although they are all elites (with the exception of Kafka and Reno) who attended neutralization universities and colleges across the country (and the schools are noted to be Defense Force counterparts of the IRL schools, as evidenced by Haruichi’s Profile), with some of them being valedictorians or a rising star in the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force and would have had a certain future had he not turned it down to join the Defense Force and who, under normal circumstances, would be executive candidates rather than aspiring field personnel, she is regarded as the best of her peers because she is capable of overwhelming them with genius fighting skills (And there was about over 200 people participating in the exam). This was further demonstrated during the Second Stage Exam as despite the expectation of 30 dropouts, there were none at all with only a few injured and it was due to a direct result of her presence, basically finishing the entire exam on her own very quickly with her skills on the battlefield. She is also lauded as the girl with the greatest talent of all time. Her fighting style during the Second Stage Exam impressed Soshiro Hoshina, a man whose swordsmanship was so advanced at a young age that he would have been a prodigy during the Edo Period and came from a family dating back from the Muromachi Period, and Mina Ashiro, a woman who at the young age of 27 had neutralized hundreds of kaiju. The former was convinced she would be the foundation of the Defense Force, the "light of hope" the country needs.

She was able to identify tells from Kaiju No. 9 and teach one of her comrades how to avoid the Kaiju's attacks despite that same comrade being much slower than her, proving that her senses are pretty good as she was caught off guard and the attacks were happening so quickly that she could hardly react to them during her first encounter with KN9.

She is capable of fighting against Kaiju with fortitudes of 6.4 and above, such as Wyvern-type Kaiju and Kaiju No. 9 (at least in their second encounter), in solo combat due to her combat abilities despite a fortitude 6.4 kaiju being dangerous enough that a military company is needed to take one down.

• Weapon
She wielded two different weapons during the current course of the series, such as a battle axe and guns

With her rifle, she is able to shoot a kaiju while on the move, quickly reloading her shots before striking at another kaiju while parkouring around a car.

With her axe, she can re-direct multiple projectiles completely in another direction. Not to mention, despite the axe's size, she was able to perfectly maneuver herself in the restricted space on the Ant-type Kaiju's head, dodging blows from Kaiju No. 9 and amputating its many arms.

• Growth
Kikoru's capacity for rapid growth is one of her most notable qualities. She has been training for two months since joining the Third Division, and one of her higher commanders comments on her incredible improvement, claiming that it is impossible that her attacks originated from someone who has only been with the Force for two months.

Haruichi stated that the more he improved his skills, the more inferior he felt in comparison to Kikoru's growth. And Haruichi is stated by Iharu to possess true talent in comparison, and no matter how hard Iharu tried, the gap between the two would only widen even though Iharu can absorb everything he studied and every time he trained, he would make remarkable gains in strength to the point where his potential seemed limitless.

Kikoru was able to grow very fast to the point that she can fight a group of ant-type kaiju by herself and dispatch them with a few attacks, despite the First Division's assertion that she needed assistance to beat them. Even when the kaiju were resurrected stronger than before, she referred to them as weaklings.

She was given the assignment to surpass all of the First Division Platoon Leaders in a month, one of whom is skilled enough to casually throw off Kikoru's rhythm; but, unless she is a prodigy of a certain caliber, she will not be able to do it. But in the end, she proven herself and succeeded in doing that.

I've laid out what's I consider to be skill pretty clearly in the OP, and even then, I leave it up to interpretation and keep it somewhat vague as to let people decide what is and isn't skill. I've laid out no real ironclad rules.

So like, if people think that something isn't skill, they are free to vote as such(even though that's not at all the only reasoning for Kojiro's win and you literally ignored part of my post like you always do), I have no ironclad skill rules, people are allowed to discuss and judge on their own merits.
I even go as far as to say the criteria are not limited to what I lay out, making it pretty much obvious that there's nothing ironclad here and everything is left up to interpretation.

Since there is nobody nominated for Axes, I will nominate Kikoru Shinomoya

Don't have much experience in skill debates but let me try to make a case for this blond-haired minor.
  • Experience
Kikoru, who was defined in her Character's Profile as "a young soldier growing rapidly," had been training since she was a child, maybe around the age of seven or older since she started training after the death of her mother and had made it a hobby of hers to slay kaiju. Kikoru strives to be the best in everything she does due to her father's pressure to be perfect for the sake of the nations and her deceased mother, from scoring the highest on the Tokyo Neutralization Middle School Entrance Exam to graduating as the youngest valedictorian at California Neutralization University after being admitted at the young age of 16 (and she is currently 17, so she graduated from university in just one year)

Although they are all elites (with the exception of Kafka and Reno) who attended neutralization universities and colleges across the country (and the schools are noted to be Defense Force counterparts of the IRL schools, as evidenced by Haruichi’s Profile), with some of them being valedictorians or a rising star in the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force and would have had a certain future had he not turned it down to join the Defense Force and who, under normal circumstances, would be executive candidates rather than aspiring field personnel, she is regarded as the best of her peers because she is capable of overwhelming them with genius fighting skills (And there was about over 200 people participating in the exam). This was further demonstrated during the Second Stage Exam as despite the expectation of 30 dropouts, there were none at all with only a few injured and it was due to a direct result of her presence, basically finishing the entire exam on her own very quickly with her skills on the battlefield. She is also lauded as the girl with the greatest talent of all time. Her fighting style during the Second Stage Exam impressed Soshiro Hoshina, a man whose swordsmanship was so advanced at a young age that he would have been a prodigy during the Edo Period and came from a family dating back from the Muromachi Period, and Mina Ashiro, a woman who at the young age of 27 had neutralized hundreds of kaiju. The former was convinced she would be the foundation of the Defense Force, the "light of hope" the country needs.

She was able to identify tells from Kaiju No. 9 and teach one of her comrades how to avoid the Kaiju's attacks despite that same comrade being much slower than her, proving that her senses are pretty good as she was caught off guard and the attacks were happening so quickly that she could hardly react to them during her first encounter with KN9.

She is capable of fighting against Kaiju with fortitudes of 6.4 and above, such as Wyvern-type Kaiju and Kaiju No. 9 (at least in their second encounter), in solo combat due to her combat abilities despite a fortitude 6.4 kaiju being dangerous enough that a military company is needed to take one down.

• Weapon
She wielded two different weapons during the current course of the series, such as a battle axe and guns

With her rifle, she is able to shoot a kaiju while on the move, quickly reloading her shots before striking at another kaiju while parkouring around a car.

With her axe, she can re-direct multiple projectiles completely in another direction. Not to mention, despite the axe's size, she was able to perfectly maneuver herself in the restricted space on the Ant-type Kaiju's head, dodging blows from Kaiju No. 9 and amputating its many arms.

• Growth
Kikoru's capacity for rapid growth is one of her most notable qualities. She has been training for two months since joining the Third Division, and one of her higher commanders comments on her incredible improvement, claiming that it is impossible that her attacks originated from someone who has only been with the Force for two months.

Haruichi stated that the more he improved his skills, the more inferior he felt in comparison to Kikoru's growth. And Haruichi is stated by Iharu to possess true talent in comparison, and no matter how hard Iharu tried, the gap between the two would only widen even though Iharu can absorb everything he studied and every time he trained, he would make remarkable gains in strength to the point where his potential seemed limitless.

Kikoru was able to grow very fast to the point that she can fight a group of ant-type kaiju by herself and dispatch them with a few attacks, despite the First Division's assertion that she needed assistance to beat them. Even when the kaiju were resurrected stronger than before, she referred to them as weaklings.

She was given the assignment to surpass all of the First Division Platoon Leaders in a month, one of whom is skilled enough to casually throw off Kikoru's rhythm; but, unless she is a prodigy of a certain caliber, she will not be able to do it. But in the end, she proven herself and succeeded in doing that.
Based and redpilled axe user.

It's pretty obvious what is skill and what isn't, people.

Like, shit like "I can dodge a **** ton of danmaku while being slower than the protectiles", "I can copy my opponents moves perfectly with sheer skill", "I can kill someone as powerful as me with my penis" are all obvious skill feats.

But shit like "I beat omnipresent ******* while being inside said omnipresent dude", "I can make blackhole with my fart", "I think Anos is well written, and the series is god tier" are obviously not skill feats.

Like, think to yourself, could this be related to skill, or is it utter BS?

Back