• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warpriest vs Yhwach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game mechanics are not inherently considered non canon unless they contradict stuff, which is the opposite here as sword logic has been noted in grimoire to nope shit before. He's unquantifiable above baseline due to fighting 6 5-Cs at once.

The totems is representative of the Guardians taking the power of the Sword Logic for themselves, which is backed up in grimoire. Toland explicitly states that Guardians tapped into that stuff and overcame the Hive. The large quote of myself above explains this, if you want the grimoire card itself that proves the general idea I think its something like "Oryx: Defeated".

Well, WP is quite a bit above baseline 5-C, probably not enough for an AP stomp, but still

anyways, just go back to my first post for my reasons, which still stand

Back to my work for a while again

The Game Mechanics page say they're non canon,and my point has nothing to do with sword logic only the brand which is complete game mechanic.you even have the entire mechanic to the profile.

Aura of the Initiate: Guardians can acquire this debuff by completing a sequence of glyphs in his arena. Under the effects of this Aura, the Warpriest is no longer completely invulnerable, but the holder must kill something every couple of seconds or they will die, with their initiate rejected. Attaining this debuff twice in one encounter with the Warpriest also results in death.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
The Game Mechanics page say they're non canon,and my point has nothing to do with sword logic only the brand which is complete game mechanic.you even have the entire mechanic to the profile.
Aura of the Initiate: Guardians can acquire this debuff by completing a sequence of glyphs in his arena. Under the effects of this Aura, the Warpriest is no longer completely invulnerable, but the holder must kill something every couple of seconds or they will die, with their initiate rejected. Attaining this debuff twice in one encounter with the Warpriest also results in death.
the thing is is that CIS on WP's end will only last so long, so he'll eventually either stop summoning Taken or just not give Yhwach the Aura

That page doesn't mean game mechanics as in "literally everything that happens in gameplay", it means that stuff like HP and chip damage aren't. A structure that allows you to tap into the power of the Sword Logic isn't inherently against anything. That was the specific method that the Guardians used to draw upon the power in that specific instance, and the dying is representative of the Guardains dying to his law of ascendance when they fail to keep up with matching his bloodshed.

I mean Toland said that the Guardians took the Sword Logic for themselves, and later on even Un-took what Oryx had taken, so I kinda doubt it was entirely voluntary. Also the Aura kills Yhwach after a few seconds and Warpriest retains most resistances without it.

@Wokistan

Which is why I pointed out that specifically,something that is not applicable here in corss universe battles at all.Yhwach has no way to get the brand and is a complete mechanic of the raid to get past the boss like every other raid boss ever in Destiny,because if not for sequences to bypass boss immunity the guardians get rekt.

He can theoretically just bypass it the normal way by surpassing him in kill count, I just don't think Yhwach has enough kills for that. That means he can't bypass invulnerability, but probably wouldn't invoke the usage of offensive lawhax without the Occulus coming into play. If Warpriest can't do anything else though he would eventually bring that thing out.

>surpass him in kill count

so what is this now a damage sequence to gain favor in order to harm him?

>can't bypass invulnerablity

Invulnerability,I could say the same for Yhwach,how does Warpriest bypass The Almighty giving Yhwach resistance to his entire arsenal by just looking at him and knowing everything about him (outside of physical damage).

>offensive law hax

still haven't seen anything that that shows him using it offensively,or remember him doing anything like that in the raid.

Surpassing him in kill count is just how the Sword Logic works. As it's a neutral power that the Hive are generally just the best at, anyone with a comparable or superior kill count should be able to override that of the inferior opponent. That is literally how it is set up lorewise.

I don't see him getting a resistance to the Occulus or the Sword Logic due to how they should be 4-D minimum, but resistance to the other stuff seems fine. It can't be a stomp for Warpriest after all.

The Occulus, being a Taken enhanced oversoul, does this along with a bunch of other stuff. Also, check the quote on his card."Saying: challenge me, by the law of my ascendance / Match me in bloodshed / Or in blood be drowned"

Dying to the Brand is representative of failing to successfully override the law of the Warpriest, and as such "drowning" in the bloodshed that is his Sword Logic. Since most of his other stuff Yhwach can get a resist to, he'd do that or the Occulus eventually.

Even Warpriest has more to the lore, he along with other elite members of Oryx destroyed a structure the size of a polar het

If that's in any related to tier 4 just note how the OP has Warpriest at 5-C

Is there a reason why death through regular damage isn't viable?

I thought that was Aizen who did. Guardians who aren't sunsingers can't rez against him anyways, and they have low godly. I'd attribute that more to stuff like Occulus though.

Oh wait, I'm dumb, a Sternritter gives him that.

@Wokistan

you should change the OP to he is willing to use the powers,if you intended for it.He always had the powers but he completely refused to use any of them for unknown reasons.

Still though, even though he has the A, and when he does use other powers, the only time he does is when he sleeps at night when he switches powers with Jurahm with the Balance

I consider them linked since they are technically part of one another, just like other quincy

Unless we see him with a different letter besides A it is hard to say that he can use other powers, besides they are insignificant at this point

Otherwise do the soul reapers have letter powers too?

The way it was described is more of a way of sustaining his animation

No Soul Reapers don't have it..the abilities are specifically something Yhwach can do by giving quincy a letter via the ritual,and when they die he gains all of their traits including abilities.I suggest you go re-read those parts.And yes he needs to continue to absorb souls to maintain himself,or he will revert back.

CNBA3 said:
I consider them linked since they are technically part of one another.
Unless we see him with a different letter besides A it is hard to say that he can use other powers, besides they are insignificant at this point

Otherwise do the soul reapers have letter powers too?

The way it was described is more of a way of sustaining his animation
Buddy. There are massive content revision for Yhwach's ability who discuss this

Shinigami don't have Schrift.

Yet they rolled in the same boat as the Quincy when absorbed by Yhwach.

Is not the same as being able to use them, otherwise Yhwach would not be designated as A, but the entire alphabet

Considering Yhwach is the source of all their powers it would be pretty strange for him to not at least be theoretically capable of using their stuff unless it was like something they developed on their own independent from him.

That is just Yhwach being arrogant, he simply makes the powers he sees before him ineffective.

http://automanga.com/manga/bleach/615/6

Translation matches more what he was veering is his for the taking rather than all power belongs to him, if that's so there would be nothing he can't do.

Wokistan said:
Considering Yhwach is the source of all their powers it would be pretty strange for him to not at least be theoretically capable of using their stuff unless it was like something they developed on their own independent from him.
There are sternritters that were born with the letter abilities without Yhwach inscribing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back