• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer: 40,000 reasons the Space Marine profile sucks

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Brilliant title, I know.

Right, my gripes with the Space Marine profile are actually rather small, so I'll just get to it real quick.

1. The Powers and Abilities Section: It's a ******* mess. You have explanations for powers that might not have been listed then, but are listed now, misattributed powers, and just general disorganization. Needless to say, it needs a good overhaul. At the risk of sounding a bit pretentious, I'd suggest using the P&A section I made for the Primarines a template.

2. The Standard and Optional Equipment Section: Not much wrong with this one, except for the direct links. For anyone who doesn't know, we don't use direct links in profiles, as they can be overly long and tend to clutter and bog down the page with unnecessary bits. We instead opt to use the w:c:wiki style of link for domains inside of FANDOM. Again, taking notes from the Primaris profile should be good.

Possibly. I don't know if they would actually qualify. Sure, they can survive things most normal humans can't, but a shot through the head or through both hearts will usually be enough to end them.

Pretty much.

Well, I guess I'll try to fix it.

Yeah I don't think you need a thread for this if you don't add/remove things, though some of that couldn';t hurt if you had anything to suggest here.

Eh, just wanted to play it safe I guess. Plus reshuffling the entire P&A section seemed important enough.

Fixing the equipment links is going to take a bit longer though.

Gem physiology being a thing opens the door for a lot of stuff, actually. Might make a thread.

On verse specicic powers and physiologies in general. A non space marine example would be Destiny Hive Gods, where Hive God physiology is basically everything on The Warpriest besides resistances.

Hey we could make a Warp Daemon physiology page, although that kinda hinders the Daemon Civ page I was planning... but then I might be able to focus on the different powers of the daemons depending which CG they worship/follow.

PsychoWarper said:
Hey we could make a Warp Daemon physiology page, although that kinda hinders the Daemon Civ page I was planning... but then I might be able to focus on the different powers of the daemons depending which CG they worship/follow.
Probably not the best place to discuss this though.

Fairly certain that doesn't actually exist.

Figured I'd mention that part of the reason the Space Marine page seems to be missing lots of stuff (psykers, Primaris, etc.) is because...there's a lot of stuff. Increased use of tabbers may help it become less of a clusterfuck if it gets expanded.

Good. Means we just need to add Librarians. And...bikers, I guess. ****, and probably some other stuff, too.

Why are there so many damn marines?

MARKETING

Wait, why bikers? They're not different from any other Marines, they just have pimpin' rides.

As in adding the equipment, since "Space Marine on a cool bike" perform notably differently than regular Space Marines.

I don't think they'd need a key, though. Stuff like bikers, apothecaries, etc. could just be added equipment.

But then, where does it stop?

Do we add Land Raiders? Predators? Rhinos? This a neverending downward spiral of Optional Equipment.

I doubt the vehicles would be added. Land Raiders, Predators, Rhinos, and such are specifically noted as vehicles that can transport a multitude of different units, whereas "Biker" and "Apothecary" are specific battlefield roles with different equipment who fight differently.

It's also obvious what each of them would or would not have. A biker would not have a portable missile launcher, for instance.

I think the White Scars will take you up on that missile launcher bet

Wulfen could definitely be their own page. As could a lot of units from chapters such as the Space Wolves or Blood Angels, that are extremely unique and found nowhere else.

Gray Knights should probably also get their own profile at some point or another. They're different enough from regular Marines to warrant it.

Considering they're an all-psyker Chapter and use technology forbidden to the others, I'd say definitely. They can do some pretty neat stuff, too.

If I'd have to guess there'd have to be a special Key for every single Traitor Legion (except maybe the Word Bearers cause they succ).

Back