• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wanked Skill vs Actual Skill (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only read GoH up untill the beginning of the third arc, so I can't say much about this Mori, but if he doesn't get some major upgrades compared to his previously keys... Ikki casually takes this >.>

RatherClueless said:
I have only read GoH up untill the beginning of the third arc, so I can't say much about this Mori, but if he doesn't get some major upgrades compared to his previously keys... Ikki casually takes this >.>
Read the above. As it seems, Mori has every advantage over the moon.

Moritzva said:
I'll take that as 2-1, favoring Mori?
Do we even count votes during the debating sequence? Seems stupid, Oven still doesn't know what counters Ikki has to stuff, that's why the debating exists. But eh.

Do we even count votes during the debating sequence? Seems stupid, Oven still doesn't know what counters Ikki has to stuff, that's why the debating exists. But eh.

This same match has been debated forever, and is never concluded since the 'arguing phase' never ends. I'm counting votes from you three- it's pretty obvious you three know your shit.

Not really. I don't know a whole lot on Jin. And as you can see from the debate, Oven doesn't know much about Ikki either. He doesn't even know Stella was bloodlusted against him.

Also being debated forever is not a problem otherwise rein vs emprah would not have lasted that long (like 4 threads before Rein got upgraded).

Like, people who haven't read either series only have our arguments to to over. I've posted scans and I've said all that there needs to be said. Who people vote for now is up to them.

I kind of debunked your points though...

I mean i replied to all of them. You literally can't vote cus they count as debunked reasoning.

Firephoenixearl said:

I mean i replied to all of them. You literally can't vote cus they count as debunked reasoning.
No they are not. Both of your votes are counted.

Moritzva said:
Firephoenixearl said:

No they are not. Both of your votes are counted.
They kinda are though. Those are all reasons why "the arguments brought up for Jin are invalid as Ikki has an answer to all of them".

And look already the FRA train on debunked reasoning, meh.

Except your first statememt and grounds for disallowing votes is upon the assumption that all of Jin's moves are answered. When it's close to the other way around.

3-1.

Firephoenixearl said:
Well all of the ones Oven brought up, are answered.
Assumption. And an incorrect one.

Assumption? Well you can always point out why. Instead of you know "im not gonna answer cus im right". That's why "debate" is a thing. Several people debate until there is a correct argument/win condition for 1 or both characters then people vote based on which they think is the most likely one.

Not "a person says some things about a character then the opposing arguments aren't even answered and we proceed straight to voting". It just becomes a war of fanbases at that.

Reinhard vs Goku.

Argument: Goku blitzes

Then 20 FRA's.

I... fail to spot Goku, or Reinhard, in this match. Spike didn't invite them here.

Firephoenixearl said:
Well the argument is similar.

>Argument for Jin

>Jin fra train

And no actual debating because "i vote jin".
Have you considered that just because you debate endlessly through the same, debunked points, that people simply don't care to debate you anymore? Which is why Ikki matches are so damn slow?

And that this doesn't mean that they're wrong- only that they are exitting the circle.

I see so if you wanna go from new york to france, but you get plane sickness. The best thing to do is arrive in france by not entering the plane at all. I see makes sense. That would definitely get you to france.

I have matches with ikki or other characters that i don't want to debate. But i didn't go like "ikki for x reasons then get 6 knowledgeable members to FRA". You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you don't debate at all and let other people deal with it, or you debate. You don't just "yeah i don't like debating so imma make jin win this without debating cus that's fine".

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Voting Mori via passive-attack shockwaves, analytical prediction, and RE.
Ikki has dealt with Passive Attack Shockwaves.

Ikki also has analytical prediction (but better).

RE im assuming you mean reactive evolution. And ikki also has that.

I don't really see how Ikki is more skilled than Mori or vice versa, both are completely different types of fighters. Ikki is a swordsman, Mori is a martial artist. It's essentially the equivalent of me saying Takamura from Hajime no Ippo is more skilled than let's say Zoro. Both are skilled in their own rights but you can't really compare the two since they aren't the same type of fighter. Ikki is a better swordsman while Mori is the better martial artist, the two are completely different. You can't really compare Ikki's skill when it comes to swordplay to let's say the marksmanship of let's say Vash the Stampede.

It depends on other factors. Stuff like:

Ikki doesn't know just swordsmanship, that's his most used weapon cus his soul (device) is a katana. He knows just about every swordstyle, spearmaship, archery, marksmanship, martial arts and others.

And other feats like body control, analysis, what they can do, neutral skill based techniques (example trackless step, which has nothing to do with what you're using, is just foot movement, edelweiss' ability to negate acceleration and energy loss from hitting the atmosphere), etc.

Dealt with =/= immune.

Vote counted.

And Mori has acupuncture (which negates durability, accumulates damage, negates Regenerationn, and causes unbearable pain), the ability to basically copy any technique he sees, create techniques never done before to counter abilities he's only seen once, AP way higher than Ikki that only gets higher when he uses martial arts, an amp that brings Mori to 200 000x faster than Ikki, and so on

I'm gonna be honest with you, Mori knows attacks that can harm a High 4-C. He just doesn't use them.

Well it really depends if the 4-B are literally by flexing then no. If he attacks something like blitz or trackless step would do it.

Why use an example like that? Jin's AP is similar to the AP of the person who used shockwaves which ikki dealt with, except they had a much heavier effect on the body.

@Oven

Yeah sure, but ikki outdoes the copy feat (can copy from stance and can copy while unconscious and to top it off he understands the history of a style and a style has been specified to be far harder than a technique to copy), ikki uses counter even on the first encounter with a technique. That much AP is not sth ikki hasn't already beat. And the AMP gets countered by Ikki being the first to amp (due to having the senses).

About the shockwaves bit, you know the scan you showed where Ikki said Stella's shockwaves zipped past his ear? If Mori's shockwaves did the same, he wouldn't just get a bleeding ear, he'd have proper vertigo. That's something Stella's shockwaves don't do.

As for the mimicry bit, congrats, knowing the history of Re-Taekwondo means jack because the guy standing in front of him knows dozens of other martial arts that he himself doesn't know the history to, just the science behind the techniques. Regardless, what would the history of a martial art even do for Ikki? And as I've said before, if Ikki amps, it isn't guaranteed that it will hit before the triggering of Monkey King, and if it hits just before the transformation, it doesn't work, because the transformation itself removes any negative effects done onto Mori.

6-1. One vote left.

Just to put a nail in the coffin, Mori's resistance to mind manip also extends to willpower manip since the zombie bite that he resisted can be resisted with immense willpower. Mori was completely unaffected by it.

So there goes your one hit KO.

@mori

That's not how you continue a thread seriously you're setting a very bad example. Even now ovens arguments are getting answered.

@oven

That one was dodged. The other shockwaves just get reflected and it's funny you say that when not only was stella's attack gonna just blow his head right off unlike jin's shockwave but ikki still has instincts.

It just means ikki already does what mori can but better so it doesn't even contribute to the fight. And if ikki amps mid transformation jin goes unconscious. This isn't a status effect unless you can prove this gets cleansed and again ikki's senses secure that ikki will always amp before jin due to danger sense and precog.

Sir Ovens said:
Just to put a nail in the coffin, Mori's resistance to mind manip also extends to willpower manip since the zombie bite that he resisted can be resisted with immense willpower. Mori was completely unaffected by it.

So there goes your one hit KO.
Now we're talking. How strong is said will resistance? Because phantom form works on will that resists will that induces fear into thousands of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back