• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. Minor Powers and Abilities Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
With the recent release of the next volume of the Graphic Novel (comics just in book form). The Girls have a few new additions to their abilities and justifications for one of their resistances.

Irma Lair

This first addition was something she showed back in Part 1 but I completely forgot to add it when I first made the page but now remembered.

In Part I. The Twelve Portals. (Volume 1), Chapter 4. The Power of Fire (Page 215)

Underwater Breathing (Type 4; Can create air bubbles to breathe underwater)

Taranee Cook

In Part IX.100% W.I.T.C.H. (Volume 1), Chapter 100. 100% W.I.T.C.H. (Page 12)

Smoke Manipulation (Manipulated the smoke from her fire to write a message in the sky)

Corneila

In Part IX.100% W.I.T.C.H. (Volume 1), Chapter 102. The First Day (Page 122)

Sound Manipulation (Amplified the sound from a teacher writing on a chalkboard and breaking chalk)

In Part IX.100% W.I.T.C.H. (Volume 1), Chapter 102. The First Day (Page 127)

Organic Manipulation (Changed the food on everyone's plate in the lunchroom)

Hay Lin

In Part IX.100% W.I.T.C.H. (Volume 1), Chapter 100. 100% W.I.T.C.H. (Page 38 and 39)

Illusion Creation (Created an illusion of a palace and horses)

In Part IX.100% W.I.T.C.H. (Volume 1), Chapter 103. The One You're Not (Page 168)

Sound Manipulation (Used her magic to make her sound better when playing the guitar)

All Guardians

This addition will apply to all the girls.

Currently the girls all have resistance to their element do to the statement from the Dark Mother that their elements can't actually harm them.

In Part IX.100% W.I.T.C.H. (Volume 1), Chapter 104. Another World. (Page 202 and 206)

In the latest volume, this is reinforced again when the girls meet the Runics team who have the same power to manipulate the elements as them as shown under their names. When Hay Lin was hit by the Air Runic, she stated she was fine and they state it was because of it being her element.

This should be added to their resistance justification for supporting evidence.

That's all for now.

Did she imply it was because it was snowing she could? Otherwise, I agree

Could use a before and after scan for context. It looks like it only shows after the food was changed.

All Guardians

This addition will apply to all the girls.

Currently the girls all have resistance to their element do to the statement from the Dark Mother that their elements can't actually harm them.

In Part IX.100% W.I.T.C.H. (Volume 1), Chapter 104. Another World. (Page 202 and 206)

In the latest volume, this is reinforced again when the girls meet the Runics team who have the same power to manipulate the elements as them as shown under their names. When Hay Lin was hit by the Air Runic, she stated she was fine and they state it was because of it being her element.
I agree but the scans imply there is more nuance to their resistance, like, resistancing doesn’t prevent you from being Incapacitated or resisting to a certain extent but the dark parts of the elements prevent the Witches from fully resisting than normal, and such.

I agree with everything and went ahead and added protection on the scans

Did she imply it was because it was snowing she could? Otherwise, I agree
I believe it's because she would have been incapable of creating black smoke as the fire wouldn't have creating black smoke unless it had something to burn.

I could change it to something like...

Limited Smoke Manipulation (While it's snowing she can use her fire to produce black smoke and manipulate it)

This would cover the weakness of her needing it to be snowing to create the smoke so she could manipulate it.
Could use a before and after scan for context. It looks like it only shows after the food was changed.
My apologies for not adding more context.

It doesn't visually show the food changing but in two previous pages, the kids go to the lunchroom and the chief states they are having Pasta with cheese and green peppers plus a few other things.

In the next page, the girl tells Corneila that their food is underneath the Cloche (the tin) to which she says "perfect".

Then in the final scan that I posted in the OP, it shows all their food as been changed to the Corneila's favorite food and even the chief is confused.

I agree but the scans imply there is more nuance to their resistance, like, resistancing doesn’t prevent you from being Incapacitated or resisting to a certain extent but the dark parts of the elements prevent the Witches from fully resisting than normal, and such.
I can add in that dark versions of their elements can bypass their resistance to a certain extent?
I agree with everything and went ahead and added protection on the scans
Thanks!

I've applied the adjustments to the accepted abilities and added them to the profiles. Sorry this took long. I've been busy with real life job stuff so I haven't had time. I'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back