• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

The monthly DBS upgrades.

Also I hate it when people ask for specific wiki policies when we have many pages that explain these things like bro, we didn't make all those wiki explanation pages for nothing

Also people who constantly complain about how the wiki treats something and do nothing to change that, and when asked to make a CRT to change it, they tend to just rant further or how the wiki "won't listen", like, you never know if you don't try? And then they either resort to vandalism or just become annoying

Negative Chaos Energy on the Sonic profiles, it’s not even a thing in the Japanese version of Sonic Adventure yet this (and many Wiki’s) use it as fact

Negative Chaos Energy on the Sonic profiles, it’s not even a thing in the Japanese version of Sonic Adventure yet this (and many Wiki’s) use it as fact
I’ll get rid of Negative Energy someday and give alternative reasoning for the Variable output of the Emeralds

Isn't it mentioned in Unleashed?
The only direct mention of Negative Chaos Energy is Sonic Adventure and Sonic Chronicles (in Perfect Chaos’es Profile), Unleashed only has Dark Gaia Energy which isn’t Chaos Energy though may be tied to it

ether way, if it does exist, it being inherently weaker then the positive is still never mentioned in the Japanese version or any other source and multiple instances contradict that thought

People sometimes really do take calculations as of higher importance and priority than in-universe context and feats. Calcs can be very subjective and has a significant margin of error, sometimes intentionally inflated or deflated.
It's probably one of the reasons this happen:
Basically, any profile where our standards and stuff turn it into what is basically just a fan-fiction version of said character.

When it's near impossible to find a good match without needing to equalize speed. Like speed is such a worthless statistic in battles, in the end it gets equalized and it doesn't matter if you have a high or low speed unless you're debating outside the wiki.

People sometimes really do take calculations as of higher importance and priority than in-universe context and feats. Calcs can be very subjective and has a significant margin of error, sometimes intentionally inflated or deflated.
It's probably one of the reasons this happen:
If I had to guess, Battleboarding is filled with people who’ll argue about Lore and context, not many people who can instantly tell a math equation is wrong

When it's near impossible to find a good match without needing to equalize speed. Like speed is such a worthless statistic in battles, in the end it gets equalized and it doesn't matter if you have a high or low speed unless you're debating outside the wiki.
This point sounds so wrong but I'm 99% sure the context of your comment actually justifies it but I can't see it

Only point of speed on this wiki imo is Kinetic energy calcs

If I had to guess, Battleboarding is filled with people who’ll argue about Lore and context, not many people who can instantly tell a math equation is wrong
Though you're not wrong, lore and context > calculations, even if your math is correct. Problem is some people treat that as the other way around sometimes. People ignore calcs because they're not math savvy, but it's also because calcs can very easily go off the rails in its results.
Another thing related to this is, while "Death of the Author" is at times a valid way to disregard author intent, it's mostly because source material > WoG. Sometimes it's less like that and more "Murder of the Author" that's happening, though this is not limited to calcs alone, of course.
A disclaimer, I'm not against calcs, rather just saying my dislike of how it can be treated.

Putting this one in meme format:

image0.png

How the mods absurdly favorite the oppinions of people with power even if they dont know much about it or are just wrong

Second pet peeve. Uploading images on the new forum. Pretty shitty image system
It's a measure to avoid copyright issues, given that some in here would surely ignore rules and upload entire chapters of a series and so on.
The main wiki itself is far better suited for content within fair use, but this place... yeah.

It's a measure to avoid copyright issues, given that some in here would surely ignore rules and upload entire chapters of a series and so on.
The main wiki itself is far better suited for content within fair use, but this place... yeah.
Rules can be made against that kind of thing. There's some people that would spam slightly altered versions of racial slurs too, but there's no reason to make it more difficult for everyone to talk because of that.

People who copy and paste point from other sites instead of just making their own points for CRTs

Rules can be made against that kind of thing. There's some people that would spam slightly altered versions of racial slurs too, but there's no reason to make it more difficult for everyone to talk because of that.
Well, I would contact Ant over it, he's the one that got it set up as is from what I recall.

Nah, the entire FORUM sucks.

• Notifications are busted, as if you don't comment on a thread for a period of time you no longer get notifications
  • Uploading images is such a chore
  • The source code is unnecessarily complicated
  • I hate how viewing most active threads is at the bottom of the interface, back then it was way easier for dead threads to get seen because everyone could see the newest thread, in fact, when inside a thread, you don't see the latest activity post

Nah, the entire FORUM sucks.

• Notifications are busted, as if you don't comment on a thread for a period of time you no longer get notifications
  • Uploading images is such a chore
  • The source code is unnecessarily complicated
  • I hate how viewing most active threads is at the bottom of the interface, back then it was way easier for dead threads to get seen because everyone could see the newest thread, in fact, when inside a thread, you don't see the latest activity post
OH MY GOD, THANK YOU! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED HOW ANNOYING THIS SHIT IS!

That’s why I never disagree with a CRT that has too much people agree with it although I have some counter arguments
As far as I know a CRT won't come to pass unless two other staffs agree to it, so not all is lost even if several users have banded together to get the CRT approved collectively agreed or disagreed to the CRT.
Just make a comment that's easy to read and understand.

The only thing I don't like in huge CRTs is when users become more aggressive and personal to the point that you can no longer make calm back-and-forth arguments due to the heated atmosphere such responses would generate. There are some users who can power through that amount of toxicity but I personally simply don't have the patience and mental acuity to blast through 300+ and higher messages of battles over fictional characters. Kudos to anyone who can manage, though.

Back